What are Your Favorite B Series from Nintendo?

My favorite is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky. I dont know if it counts, but everyone makes like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon dont exist, so im posting it.
It have a solid gameplay, one of the best storys of the entire Nintendo (only behind some Mario Rpgs, like Super Paper Mario).
The characters are very funny, and it dont have any major flawns. Not recomended if you is weak to water type, because you is going to cry.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Bayonetta 2 was basically Nintendo-funded and she kinda appears in Br4wl so, like, she's fair game to me.

FFS I can't believe we're treating Metroid like it's an ass-tier series when it was largely considered the neglected third wheel of Nintendo's Mario-Zelda holy trinity for the longest time. It's the obvious choice then. I don't think Yoshi games have much of an identity outside of being Mario spinoffs, not compared to DK anyway. Samus Aran is a pioneering character, Super Metroid is on the short list of GOAT games, and everything short of the most recent game (Other M, not Fed Force which isn't a Metroid game) is great at worst. Well okay, the original Metroid is dated but so is LoZ and that never got a kick-ass remake. *shrug* Still, the consistently high quality of its releases are pretty much unmatched by any similarly long-lived franchises but the aforementioned, both of which have their own "Other M" counterparts (Sunshine and Wind Waker); nobody's perfect.

motherfuck it's been ten years since Metroid Prime 3, and fuck you too Other M (which is still seven years old and the game isn't even terrible on an objective scale, just in comparison to its predecessors for a vocal minority of characterfags)

Bayonetta 2 was basically Nintendo-funded and she kinda appears in Br4wl so, like, she's fair game to me.

FFS I can't believe we're treating Metroid like it's an ass-tier series when it was largely considered the neglected third wheel of Nintendo's Mario-Zelda holy trinity for the longest time. It's the obvious choice then. I don't think Yoshi games have much of an identity outside of being Mario spinoffs, not compared to DK anyway. Samus Aran is a pioneering character, Super Metroid is on the short list of GOAT games, and everything short of the most recent game (Other M, not Fed Force which isn't a Metroid game) is great at worst. Well okay, the original Metroid is dated but so is LoZ and that never got a kick-ass remake. *shrug* Still, the consistently high quality of its releases are pretty much unmatched by any similarly long-lived franchises but the aforementioned, both of which have their own "Other M" counterparts (Sunshine and Wind Waker); nobody's perfect.

motherfuck it's been ten years since Metroid Prime 3, and fuck you too Other M (which is still seven years old and the game isn't even terrible on an objective scale, just in comparison to its predecessors for a vocal minority of characterfags)
Uh what? Y´know, the "third wheel of Nintendo's Mario-Zelda" is Kirby.
Let me say, it was made as an introduction to plataform games to non-gamers (at least its first game was): You could fly, your ability is very easly understandable (remember, in the first game you couldnt steal abilitys), and isnt a hard game. Withouth Kirby, many wouldnt have ever played Metroid.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
notsureiftrollorstupid but SMB, LoZ and Metroid all released within a year of each other in '85-86 and were directly developed by Nintendo. They're Nintendo's de facto Big Three, even if Metroid has always been the red-headed stepchild of the group. Kirby's Dreamland was released in 1992 and is a product of HAL Laboratory, which is technically a separate company despite their close-knit affiliate status with Nintendo.

A lot of Kirby games also FIGURATIVELY suck NO PUN ZONE, though Kirby Super Star is definitely high on the list of all-timers and the last few releases have been positively received. Kirby's earned his stripes, but he's been through a lot more mediocrity than Mario, Link, and Samus.

notsureiftrollorstupid but SMB, LoZ and Metroid all released within a year of each other in '85-86 and were directly developed by Nintendo. They're Nintendo's de facto Big Three, even if Metroid has always been the red-headed stepchild of the group. Kirby's Dreamland was released in 1992 and is a product of HAL Laboratory, which is technically a separate company despite their close-knit affiliate status with Nintendo.

A lot of Kirby games also FIGURATIVELY suck NO PUN ZONE, though Kirby Super Star is definitely high on the list of all-timers and the last few releases have been positively received. Kirby's earned his stripes, but he's been through a lot more mediocrity than Mario, Link, and Samus.
What Kirby games "suck"? The only one I can think right now is that racing game.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Mario's got too many games and spinoffs to count but it's impressive how consistently good they are. The worst is what, the Edutainment stuff and the really obscure crap multiple pages deep in Wikipedia (like whatever the fuck this PC game is). All the mainline games are fantastic, except Sunshine which is merely good, and multiple are all-time greats. Alright, the Wii U shit was mostly shitty cashgrabs pumped out every six months for five straight years... and they're still on par with the average Kirby game. NO Theorymon SUPER MARIO BROS. SPECIAL DOESN'T COUNT

Ignoring the CD-i games, Zelda's pretty much all great except Sailing Simulator. At least that still looks fantastic, and it was a really good game when you got to do things that aren't sailing. Or the Four Swords games but I imagine they're pretty awesome if you can actually muster the group to co-op them as intended.
Metroid is nothing but amazing game after amazing game, except Other M because Nintendo is clearly trying to torpedo the franchise as they have been since Day 2 for some reason. :mad::mad::mad:

Kirby 64 is complete and utter unmitigated ass. Squeak Squad is no better, Dream Land 3 is irrelevant at best because Super Star exists. Among spinoffs, Air Ride's only meaningful contribution to gaming was making the 3DS version of Sm4sh worth buying. (And I'm not a big fan of Mass Attack but I seem to be the minority there.) And while I haven't played the more recent titles, Rainbow Curse was considered a weak follow-up to the original and even the latest three have only been "good" in the strictly objective sense but critically received similar to Other M and friends. In the context of the Kirby franchise, though, "Other M" is its baseline whereas it's the low point of the Big Three.

But, like, that's not really the important part anyway.

Last edited:
Mario's got too many games and spinoffs to count but it's impressive how consistently good they are. The worst is what, the Edutainment stuff and the really obscure crap multiple pages deep in Wikipedia (like whatever the fuck this PC game is). All the mainline games are fantastic, except Sunshine which is merely good, and multiple are all-time greats. Alright, the Wii U shit was mostly shitty cashgrabs pumped out every six months for five straight years... and they're still on par with the average Kirby game. NO Theorymon SUPER MARIO BROS. SPECIAL DOESN'T COUNT

Ignoring the CD-i games, Zelda's pretty much all great except Sailing Simulator. At least that still looks fantastic, and it was a really good game when you got to do things that aren't sailing. Or the Four Swords games but I imagine they're pretty awesome if you can actually muster the group to co-op them as intended.
Metroid is nothing but amazing game after amazing game, except Other M because Nintendo is clearly trying to torpedo the franchise as they have been since Day 2 for some reason. :mad::mad::mad:

Kirby 64 is complete and utter unmitigated ass. Squeak Squad is no better, Dream Land 3 is irrelevant at best because Super Star exists. Among spinoffs, Air Ride's only meaningful contribution to gaming was making the 3DS version of Sm4sh worth buying. (And I'm not a big fan of Mass Attack but I seem to be the minority there.) And while I haven't played the more recent titles, Rainbow Curse was considered a weak follow-up to the original and even the latest three have only been "good" in the strictly objective sense but critically received similar to Other M and friends. In the context of the Kirby franchise, though, "Other M" is its baseline whereas it's the low point of the Big Three.

But, like, that's not really the important part anyway.
Kirby 64 Development team: "Guys guys guys, lets remove that fame of 'cute', and isntead, lets make it creepy, adding a flying eye ball that cyes blood, and lets make a demon posses King Dedede! Yea!" So they did it.
Squeak Squad was better, the worst thing was the final boss, too easy compared to the other Kiby Final bosses.
Dream Land 3 idk, Super Star is great, and the new games are pretty good actualy. For the spin-offs, Mass Attack was good. Wasnt too hard, but wasnt too easy. (Still wanting a Meta Knight game two. Nintendo, pleaze answer our prays!)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Mass Attack the game is alright, mostly it's just the controls which aggravate me because trying to keep ten little kirbies balled up is incredibly imprecise and a lot of the game's challenges are designed around that fact. Just beating the game is pitifully trivial. Collecting all medals is hair-pullingly frustrating after repeating the same stage 50 times because Kirby #10 CAN'T BE ASSED TO STAY MASSED WITH THE OTHER NINE and every challenging obstable is designed to pick him off for the half-second he strays from the group because you didn't incessantly pound the shit out of your touch screen fast enough (and heaven forbid they stay together otherwise).

64 has a lot of problems but Zero-Two isn't one of them.

Mass Attack the game is alright, mostly it's just the controls which aggravate me because trying to keep ten little kirbies balled up is incredibly imprecise and a lot of the game's challenges are designed around that fact. Just beating the game is pitifully trivial. Collecting all medals is hair-pullingly frustrating after repeating the same stage 50 times because Kirby #10 CAN'T BE ASSED TO STAY MASSED WITH THE OTHER NINE and every challenging obstable is designed to pick him off for the half-second he strays from the group because you didn't incessantly pound the shit out of your touch screen fast enough (and heaven forbid they stay together otherwise).

64 has a lot of problems but Zero-Two isn't one of them.
Zero-Two is one of the scariest monsters nintendo already make, and you know that.
And yes, I agree with you: Kirby #10 is an idiot.

breh

強いだね
I'm watching through an LP of sticker star and I never got any indication from reviews how hollow and soulless the game is. Even ignoring the battle system, the game just lacks dialogue you want to care about. Half of the problem is shuttling 95% of it into functionally identical toads.

I'm not too willing to shame Paperize since it's pretty much the same "help I'm stuck" button as 3d was in spm, but it's still a super boring gimmick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)