What do you want out of Cong?

RODAN

Banned deucer.
sure, the entire thread feels like bait. like they are fishing for posts that people can epically roast. its like if someone made a "do you think black people are criminals?" thread and hoping someone said yes so roasts could be made. feel like its blatantly baiting people to say that trump isnt that bad for lolz is my take on that entire thread. namaste. i can bold my post too

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
DTC what do you think, did you make that thread so people would roast trump supporters (whoever they are) on this site?

Please point out the problem posts (roasts) RODAN so we can talk about them. I don't see them in the thread, so to me it just seems like you're being melodramatic and rather paranoid.

Cong dogpiling is an issue, although I don't think it has been too bad in that thread. I purposefully made my opinion in the thread very lukewarm (compared to my actual opinion on his presidency) so as to not incite anything.

Quoting the post I made in that thread:

I personally strongly dislike Trump and the GOP congress but I tried to make my opinion in the OP very lukewarm (had to put an opinion b/c of cong rules) so as to steer the thread in any significant direction.

I'd prefer if people didn't dogpile on guys just because of their opinion. It hasn't been that bad in this thread but I think you'll be surprised how much better you can get your point across when you convey your opinion in a different way.

E.g my Trump voting Dad gets upset at things like the "Resist" slogan, but he is far more understanding when I tell him about how many people are upset that Trump can be very impulsive, the tax plan has a lot of issues in an America that has a high national debt and increasingly bad income inequality, and that Trump and the GOP congress goes against a lot of American people's values.

I don't see any dogpiling in that thread. Quite honestly, if you look at what would be considered a "dogpile" post in that thread, it's somebody correcting the original poster with a source/point that was not mentioned by the original poster to begin with (e.g. idkkk nothing has happened). And as TheValkyries said, stating something is opinion doesn't excuse you from criticism.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Post Likes

Total Post Increase

Actual conversations by people who aren't getting their information from Philip DeFranco or GameGrumps.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.
"Dogpiling" isn't very much of an issue (the more criticism and counter-points you are presented with, the better your argument becomes) but when mods start getting involved in order to make it as hard as possible for any right-leaning user to post their opinions, that's an issue. It's fine if you want to say "You are not allowed to say the n-word" since I think all people can agree no real discussion can come fron that, but when you pull shit like threatening mod action against someone for requesting proof of generalized statements (im talking specifically about the police brutality thread) mainly due to the fact that the answer doesn't support a liberal agenda, that's a clear sign of mod bias.

I've said this to one of the mods but if you guys want to run a leftist echochamber here that's fine. But don't advertise this forum as general discussion without specifying that right-wing opinions are not tolerated.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
can the culture of "i'm entitled to my opinion without other other people disagreeing with me and I just want to post my thoughts without ever being rebutted" end already? Too many times have I seen users fall back to the "dogpile" excuse or "echo chamber" simply because they post something completely misinformed, get called out on it, and then whine about moderator bias / cong culture / online bullying because we think your opinion is wrong. How can you have a discussion in good health when you're so far to your side you just refuse to ever look yourself in the face and say "are we the bad guys?"

literally 5 minutes ago i was responded to with "I'd happily be stupid and misinformed than be a retard who can't fucking have a conversation without screeching their views at people who 1 ) didn't ask 2 ) weren't asked" like how do you have a discussion in a discussion based subforum when u fall back to "i didn't ask your opinion" ? or even worse how do u have a discussion with people who claim that black people are inherent criminals and a post disputing that racist thought is deemed as "silencing right wing views"

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
can the culture of "i'm entitled to my opinion without other other people disagreeing with me and I just want to post my thoughts without ever being rebutted" end already? Too many times have I seen users fall back to the "dogpile" excuse or "echo chamber" simply because they post something completely misinformed, get called out on it, and then whine about moderator bias / cong culture / online bullying because we think your opinion is wrong. How can you have a discussion in good health when you're so far to your side you just refuse to ever look yourself in the face and say "are we the bad guys?"

literally 5 minutes ago i was responded to with "I'd happily be stupid and misinformed than be a retard who can't fucking have a conversation without screeching their views at people who 1 ) didn't ask 2 ) weren't asked" like how do you have a discussion in a discussion based subforum when u fall back to "i didn't ask your opinion" ? or even worse how do u have a discussion with people who claim that black people are inherent criminals and a post disputing that racist thought is deemed as "silencing right wing views"

I couldn't Agree more, to be honest.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

You're absolutely right and I don't want to take away from what you say. I would like to note I do see this happen on both sides.

kilometerman

Banned deucer.

Im pretty sure this was pointed towards me and if it is I specifically stated that "dogpiling" isn't an issue, it's when mods join in that's the issue

Honestly, I just come to Cong to relax from the tension of playing Pokemon. Try to tap into a zen kind of energy, focus on the breath. Nice meditative stuff like that. You think Cong could have like a little mindfulness accent to it? Some peaceful beach imagery, some scented candles, some lavender flowers. Some sparkle and purpose =-D!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)