Serious What song has helped you through tough times?

Title above :-)

Earlier today I was going through my old laptop and I found a playlist of songs I used to listen to whenever I was down or having a really difficult time existing. I'm curious what you guys used to (or currently) listen to help you liven up the mood!

Here are some of mine:
1. Kid Cudi - Mojo so Dope
2. Kanye West - Homecoming (I used to listen to Graduation and 808s a ton back than)
3. Backstreet Boys - Show Me The Meaning Of Being Lonely (MY JAM)
4. The Killers - Mr. Brightside
5. Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out

Majority of it is just Cudi songs and some metalcore bands I used to listen to and Kanye so I didn't want to list most of them but here are just a few when I was in Middle school/High School!

All entirety of the discography of a Finnish band called CMX. Links later.

Turns out youtube is shit so I'm just gonna put names:

Kultanaamio
Linnunrata (the absolute favorite)
Taistele
Hyperborea
Masenia

Last edited:
i listen to sad music when im sad btw, so if youre not into that don't bother with most of these. i have problems expressing my emotions and i think it helps.

wish someone would care

time is on my side

walk on by

youre wondering now

m.i.a borders story to be told

yeah yeah yeahs

little shadow warrior

pj harvey: happy and bleeding

the wheel

somebody's down somebody's name
I'm the same way, part of why I used to love listening to Cudi cause his music is sad and the lyrics just hit home for me personally. I'm deff checking out all of the music ! Also Heracr055 i'm gonna add your song to my new playlist! Listened to it earlier played it over a few times already.

I think this is interesting because for the most part, when I'm feeling down I'd rather just listen to some good music rather than anything with a particular mood.

Having said that, Damnation by Opeth is awesome to listen to when you're feeling shit (note: it's sad, not upbeat)

If we're doing sad/melancholic songs, this is one of my favorites. The lyrics are a (Turkish) poem written by Ahmed Arif, a dissident poet. The singer has a great voice too.

Do you know, o stone wall?
The iron door, the blind windows
My pillow, my bunk, my chains
The lonely photo in my stash,
For which I could die
Do you know?
My visitor sent me green onions
My cigarettes smell like cloves
Spring has arrived to the mountains of my hometown

Haberin var mı taş duvar?
Demir kapı, kör pencere,
Yastığım, ranzam, zincirim,
Uğruna ölümlere gidip geldiğim,
Zulamdaki mahzun resim,
Haberin var mı?
Görüşmecim, yeşil soğan göndermiş,
Karanfil kokuyor cigaram
Dağlarına bahar gelmiş memleketimin

Two more songs by the same singer:

Last edited:

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was going through a very sad time post-breakup where I'd only listen to depressing stuff such as Mayday Parade - Miserable at Best, The Cab - Vegas Skies, Go Radio - Goodnight Moon, and Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism, to then switch to a very dark moment of my life where I'd hate everything and anything, fuck my dumb ex, and all that shit. the song that helped me out there was Train - 50 Ways to Say Goodbye and I still go insane when I listen to it. amazing song. other great songs that helped me out: Audioslave - Like a Stone, Skillet - Monster, Foo Fighters - All my Life, Foo Fighters - Wheels

I'm not entirely sure if I play it just in tough times, but in the past few years, I've typically played John Mayer's "Age of Worry" before exams. Maybe I'm walking to them, maybe the professor's just about to walk in, but this song helps me relax and put my stress and worries into perspective.

It's so easy to get caught up in day to day stress and anxiety. Sometimes it's nice to remember that as stressed or worrisome as I'm currently feeling, what I'm feeling is transitional. Sometimes, relax and remember that you're working towards something and this rough part is just a stepping stone.

Reactions: nui

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Modest Mouse - Talking Shit about a Pretty Sunset

Specifically lyrics: 'I claim I'm not excited by my life anymore, so I blame this town, this job, these friends, the truth is it's myself. I'm trying to understand myself and pinpoint who I am, when I finally think I've figured it out, I've changed the whole damn plan.'

I guess relate to it, I can sometimes get myself into a rut where I'm unhappy and unsatisfied with my life, and it's very easy to blame external factors and think things like I'm not satisfied with my friends, what I'm doing etc, when in reality you should try to get on with your life for what it is in the present. Yes, if you are unsatisfied with aspects of your life, then try and change them, but know that you have to be proactive in doing so, and not be down about it, and still enjoy the positive aspects of your life that you have in the present. at the end of the day life is a big learning curve and these things that you are unsatisfied with help you discover what kind of person you are.

Brandon

My flop era is lowkey serving
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
TLC - Waterfalls
Avril Lavigne - When You're Gone
Beyoncé - Crazy In Love ft. JAY Z
Timbaland - Give It To Me ft. Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake

When I get into rough times, I tend to delve into songs from my childhood. The first two songs have more of a soberness to them for me that eased me out of my problems. I use more upbeat and happy songs that I've always been a fan of to help me turn the frown upside-down as well. I guess it depends on the moment which kind I'll turn to for the support.

Thanys

Banned deucer.
Hello, good afternoon, all the songs of the lana del rey have always helped me because although they are sad songs, they are songs that give me motivation to be what I want, to do better.

streetlight manifesto/toh kay - a better place, a better time
rie fu - life is like a boat

though i can listen to a lot of things to cheer up just because music is great and stuff, these two songs are more speaking to a person feeling down.

Reactions: g

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)