1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Wi-Fi Blacklist: as of March 13th, 2017

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Nexus, Feb 15, 2014.

1. flargananddingle

flargananddingle L+R+START
    is a Pre-Contributor

Making an alt and lying about who you are and where your stuff is coming from certainly doesn't seem like turning over a new leaf...
  2. Nexus

Nexus Ultra Rowlet
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

for future reference this is NOT the "ask why a user is banned thread". Anyone caught doing this again will be infracted. Seriously, where on this thread does it say to come here and ask why a user is banned.
  3. Agonist

Agonist The day the world went away
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Why should we have to do it? It's not our responsibility...

Regarding Arhan, Nexus banned him for being underage.
    Arhan likes this.
  4. rufus drumknott

rufus drumknott

Hi I'd like to report Poseidon The Sea God for stealing my Pokemon. He first posted on my thread on Sunday saying he could clone so could we arrange a trade for Nexus' shiny Metagross and I said yes. So we arranged pick up and I told him to let me know when he was done cloning. He still wasn't done eight hours later and when I asked him about it he said he was busy and would be done by Monday. (This is all my time, I'm in GMT+8.)

I asked him about it again when he hadn't contacted me on Tuesday and had, in addition, asked Pokéguy for the same Metagross. He said he'd been busy so he'd asked someone else to clone for him but they hadn't got back to him. I told him to report them but he didn't reply, though he's been online since. He didn't reply to my first messages in answer to his VM for a day or so either. His posts are still in my trade thread and my profile, but just in case:

Screenshots (open)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Asking Pokeguy for a copy of Metagross:
    [​IMG]
    I posted on his profile again last night and he didn't reply to that either:
    [​IMG]

Edit: He contacted me again just now saying that the cloner was on another site. I invited him to post screenshots here in his defence:
    [​IMG]

Edit2: Don't worry about getting me another copy you guys, you are all so kind!
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  5. Nexus

Nexus Ultra Rowlet
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

well as with everyone Poseidon The Sea God has a chance to present his/her side of things (24 hrs at most) and we'll decide after, but let this be a lesson to everyone, if you can't go through with something don't try to be sneaky and get someone else to do it.
  6. Nexus

Nexus Ultra Rowlet
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

well been over 24 hrs looks like Poseidon's got nothing to say on their part so if someone can give us their FC and IGN so we can add them that'd be nice.
  7. .com

.com Grumpy old man
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

FC:5026-5609-9233 - IGN: Renny Hoang
    Buckert likes this.
  8. fragor87

fragor87

Hello again,

It's coming up on 3 months now that I've been on the blacklist. I'd like to request removal from the blacklist or being moved to the probational blacklist. As I've stated in my previous post what I did to get put on the blacklist was a serious lack of judgement and will not happen again. Over the past 3 months I've worked hard to become a positive member of the community and I feel like I've built up trust and camaraderie with members of the wi-fi forums. Many members who frequent the Simple Requests/Simple Questions thread have given me positive comments regarding my actions and newcomers have appreciated my help too. So, I'm asking to please reconsider my blacklist assignment once more. Thanks.
  9. Agonist

Nexus and I discussed it, and we'll take you off the blacklist. You'll still be on the probationary blacklist, but you're free to open a trade thread, and you'll have the wifi blacklist custom title taken away. Use your second chance wisely.
  10. fragor87

fragor87

Thank you so much. I will continue to try and contribute to the community as best as I can going forward.
  11. teros

teros Wi-Fi Blacklisted

guy why is my wifi blacklisted?
  12. SnoopysWorld

SnoopysWorld

Taken from the OP:

FC: 0232-8795-1318
    teros : Lied about his Pokemon's IVs and forme.

Edit: The trade wasn't with me lol, I'm just letting you know why you're on the blacklist...
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    BlueCottonCandy, Albus and *Trev* like this.
  13. teros

teros Wi-Fi Blacklisted

this is untrue as a can be bro i cant even remember that trade with u
  14. teros

teros Wi-Fi Blacklisted

it was literally eons ago
  15. SanjivG

SanjivG

A quick search yielded this as the reasoning: Link.
    SnoopysWorld likes this.
  16. teros

teros Wi-Fi Blacklisted

wow im pretty sure i did trade you the correct mienfoo as i had breed it and traded it right of the bat.With regard to the pumpkaboo i was wrong but in my defense i thought it was a supersized one
  17. Agonist

It was already proven you didn't, so... You're staying on the blacklist.
  18. teros

teros Wi-Fi Blacklisted

such is life i guess
  19. Pokéguy

Pokéguy

Blacklisting charizar for impossible Mews from what I gather; just here to post information:

IGN: Michael
    Friend Code: 0190-1014-5450
    Chev4 likes this.
  20. Agonist

Already done. And don't post it like you're a moderator - you're not. If you're going to try and blacklist someone, you need to post it like everyone else.
    Lugztina likes this.
  21. cant say

cant say
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Global Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Battle Spot Leader

I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm trying here. I just noticed someone I traded with recently has been banned from the forums entirely (not blacklisted) and am wondering if I can find out why, mostly because I have one of their Pokemon listed in my thread. Their username was Dark Grimoire (obviously can't tag them) and I have his Latias in my thread...
  22. Agonist

Banned under malicious account, by Nexus, so that user must be an alt of another blacklisted/banned user.
  23. Nexus

Nexus Ultra Rowlet
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

to be specific the user isn't blacklisted, just an alt and it's against the rules to have an alt no matter the reason.
  24. cant say

cant say
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Global Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Battle Spot Leader

Does the users' original profile still exist? I have a Pokemon of theirs listed in my thread with redis rights, should I remove it? I have no reason to think it's illegal (it's not even flawless, lol)

edit: they also have one of mine which won't be nicknameable really soon so I just thought I'd contact them to let them know, no big deal if I can't
  25. Nexus

Nexus Ultra Rowlet
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

well they haven't been on their main account since the 3rd of this month so doubt it's gonna matter and they're not blacklisted so shouldn't be an issue keeping that pokemon in your thread.
    cant say likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)