World Oceans Day Giveaway! [88 Trash Collected!][Finished, Mod's Please Lock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction:
  • World Oceans Day is once again upon us, and in celebration of the wonderful bounty that is our oceans, I will be giving away these wonderful creatures of the ocean. From the ocean floor to the coasts, bountiful, interesting, and downright terrifying creatures reside, in an amazing global painting of biodiversity.
Information:
  • All Pokemon have been bred and hatched by myself in the 7th Generation.
  • Shiny Pokemon were bred using Egg Swap + Restoring Save States. If you do not agree with this method, then those Pokemon are not for you.
  • All Pokemon were cloned using the Poke Bank + Restoring Save States. If you do not like cloned Pokemon, then this is not the giveaway for you.
  • All Pokemon will have the Alola Champion Ribbon, however they may have more ribbons depending on the Pokemon. If you need to know, ask and I will tell you. Otherwise, they will not be listed.
  • All Pokemon are Non-Redis by default. If you have a trade thread on Smogon, and you ask me either by PM or in your request for permission to re-trade them, I'm more than happy to give you Semi-Redis power. Just ask first and give me credit please.
Rules:
  • Do not whine/complain/argue if you do not receive all the Pokemon you wanted as a result of the end of the giveaway. I'll do my best to go as long as possible, but this a 1-day giveaway.
  • Do not request more than 1 Pokemon at a time, as I will not put any Pokemon on hold for you. However, once I have fulfilled your request, you can request again.
  • Please strike out your post once you have obtained your Pokemon. If you don't, you make this Wigglytuff sadder.
  • Please try and be as specific as possible when requesting/depositing Pokemon on the GTS. It makes my life easier when I don't have to guess who's who and it decreases the chances of sniping.
  • There is no stock. I will clone more when needed.
  • I will try and distribute every 2 hours (except in the initial launch), however, this is no guarantee. It is your responsibility to ensure your Pokemon is not sniped while you wait.
  • Failure to comply may result in myself ignoring your request, until such time as it is corrected.
#321 Wailord

Available Pokeballs:

OT: Nasuada
Available Natures: Calm
Available Abilities: Pressure
Available Gender: Female
Available Level: 100
IVs: |31|5|31|31|31|31|
EVs:|0|0|252|4|252|0|
Current Moves: |Scald|Substitute|Aqua Ring|Protect|

Wailord, a staple behemoth of in breeding memes about it and Skitty, is obviously based off a whale, a blue whale to be exact. Blue whales are the largest known animal on Earth, much like how Wailord is currently the reigning champ in size in the Pokemon Universe. However, climate change and hunting have severely hurt the survivability of this species. A population rebound has happened in large part due to conservation efforts, however, beacuse they rely on temperature to migrate there is a significant possibility that the Blue whale may become extinct in the future.

#594 Alomomola

Available Pokeballs:

Available Natures: Bold
Available Abilities: Regenerator
IVs: |31|0|31|HT(30)|31|HT(30)|
EVs:|248|0|252|0|8|0|
Current Moves: |Scald|Toxic|Wish|Protect|

HP Fire

Alomomola, one of the most bizarre Pokemon to ever roam the open ocean, is based off the Mola-Mola, or the sunfish. While Mola-Mola are not dangerous, they are the heaviest bony fish in the world, which adds to their overall mystique. They tend to stick to warm surface waters, where their food of small jellyfish, larvae, and crustaceans are plentiful.

#768 Golisopod

Available Pokeballs:

Available Natures: Impish
Available Abilities: Emergency Exit
Available Gender: Male
IVs: |31|31|31|8|31|31|
EVs:|252|0|172|0|0|84|
Current Moves: |Liquidation|Leech Life|Sucker Punch|Spikes|
*Note* I'm running Sucker Punch, but Toxic is recommended

Golisopod, where's your Guzma bro?! Golisopod is probably based of the Giant Isopod. Man, these things are bizarre. Found mostly in the deep ocean, they'll eat pretty much anything as scavengers, though they're mostly carnivorous, eating things like dead whales and fish (though they have been recorded to attack live fish, I know, scary!). They're very resilient to famine, and have been recorded to live for 5 years without food, though please don't starve your Golisopod, they don't like that.

#368 Gorebyss

Available Pokeballs:

Available Natures: Modest
Available Abilities: Swift Swim
IVs: |31|0|31|HT(30)|31|31|
EVs:|4|0|0|252|0|252|
Current Moves: |Hydro Pump|Ice Beam|Hidden Power|Shell Smash|

HP Grass

Gorebyss, the lovely mermaid(Shut it Primarina) of the sea! Most people agree Gorebyss is based upon the Snipe Eel, though there are several variants of the Snipe Eel. They're found in every ocean, and get their name from Snipe bird, beacuse of their similar beaks.

#367 Huntail

Available Pokeballs:

Available Natures: Naughty
Available Abilities: Water Veil
IVs: |31|31|31|31|31|31|
EVs:|0|252|0|4|0|252|
Current Moves: |Ice Beam|Waterfall|Sucker Punch|Shell Smash|

Huntail, the partner of Gorebyss, was likely designed based on the Oarfish. A very rare fish to find, Oarfish tend to be solitary and live deep in the ocean. When found on the surface, they often die soon after beacuse of the change in pressure. Given how rare and bizarre they are, many myths have been based upon them.

#91 Cloyster

Available Pokeballs:

Available Natures: Jolly
Available Abilities: Skill Link
IVs: |31|31|31|10|31|31|
EVs:|0|252|4|0|0|252|
Current Moves: |Icicle Spear|Rapid Spin|Toxic Spikes|Shell Smash|

Cloyster, the OG mollusk Pokemon from Gen 1, is likely based on a combination of a Clam and an Oyster. While both are bivalve mollusks, there are several differences between them. Oysters tend to be very stationary, and will rarely move unless their location is badly disturbed. Clams on the other hand, are mobile and will 'walk' around. Furthermore, Clams tend to be found in fresh water, while Oysters tend to be found in salt water. Both however, are delicacies around the world, though I don't recommend eating a Cloyster.

#99 Kingler

Available Pokeballs:

Available Natures: Adamant
Available Abilities: Hyper Cutter
Current Moves: |Crabhammer|Knock Off|Swords Dance|Agility|

Kingler, the pincer Pokemon, is likely based off the
King Crab, though it has many similarities to that of the fiddler crab. Kingler peculiarly has a large claw, most commonly found in fiddler crabs. While there is no definite reason why they have asymmetrical claws, hypothesis's range from mating rituals to fighting bluffs (they don't actually help in fighting capability). The most likely reason was that they were a simple mutation that became favored and thus spread around the species.

#689 Barbaracle

Available Pokeballs:

Available Abilities: Tough Claws
Current Moves: |Stone Edge|Poison Jab|Razor Shell|Shell Smash|

Barbaracle, the barnacle Pokemon (No, who could have seen that coming -_-), is probably based off the Goose Barnacle (or rather a hive mind of them). Apparently, they are widely farmed in Europe for consumption, though I'm not sure how tasty they are. People once thought that these barnacles could migrate, however, they just reproduce quickly. They're really sturdy, heck they can even eat plastic.

#369 Relicanth

Available Pokeballs:

Available Abilities: Rock Head
Current Moves: |Head Smash|Earthquake|Zen Headbutt|Waterfall|

Relicanth, the sorta-not-really-fossil Pokemon, is based upon the Coelacanth. These archaic beasts of the deep were once thought to be extinct during the late cretaceous period, but were rediscovered in the late 1930's. However, these creatures remain critically endangered, and conservation efforts are hampered by their inaccessibility. The destruction of their habitat and their accidental catching by fishermen have strongly hurt the survival of their species.

#130 Gyarados

Available Pokeballs:

Available Abilities: Intimidate
IVs: |31|31|31|15|31|31|
Current Moves: |Waterfall|Crunch|Ice Fang|Dragon Dance|

Gyarados, the staple from not-dragon from Gen 1, is based on the... uh... wait. Whelp Gyarados isn't based on any real life counterpart, but beacuse they're so iconic, I thought I might as well include it anyway. Gyarados is probably based on a sea-serpent or a Chinese dragon. Many mythologies around the world incorporate some element of a water daemon like Gyarados, showcasing how globally universal our attachment to the oceans really is.

#779 Bruxish

Available Pokeballs:

Available Abilities: Strong Jaw
Current Moves: |Psychic Fangs|Crunch|Aqua Jet|Swords Dance|

Bruxish, the teethy fish from Gen 7, is likely based upon the Reef Triggerfish, the state fish of Hawaii. Of course, they have a better name in Hawaii, and are called the humuhumunukunukuapua'a... oh Lord Helix someone pls tell me how to pronounce that. These little buggers are highly aggressive, and have been known to attack swimmers... and with those teeth, I'm convinced. I'm never swimming in Alola again.

#569 Garbodor "Trash Gyre"

Available Pokeballs:

Available Natures: Impish
Available Abilities: Aftermath
EVs:|252|0|164|0|92|0|
Current Moves: |Gunk Shot|Spikes|Toxic Spikes|Toxic|

Garbodor, the exploding trash bag Pokemon, is based on.... uh.... Blizz, you've lost it. There's no way Garbodor could possibility be something related to the ocean. Well, while Garbodor might not be an ocean creature, it does certainly live in the ocean. The human impact upon the ocean has been severe, especially in regards to single-use plastic items, such as plastic forks and cups. Often, a lot of these items end up in the ocean and contaminate the habitats of many ocean dwelling creatures, even as far as the bottom of the Mariana Trench. Most of these items are broken up into near-microscopic pieces by tidal forces, that end up in the digestion system of ocean going creatures. The most infamous location to find such debris, is the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, a gyre that circulates incredible amounts of debris around the Pacific. Not only do these items pose a severe threat to marine wildlife, but as we've seen with a lot of the above creatures, we often consume creatures that may have ingested these toxic materials.

How To Obtain These Pokemon:
  • Deposit any Grimer or Trubbish on the GTS nicknamed "Trash", requesting a level 91-100 version of the Pokemon you want. Both can be easily obtained at the Mali City Outer Cape (Near the recycling center, and no, the irony of taking Pokemon from around the recycling center to help "clean up the environment" is not lost on me.)
  • Post on this thread with the details of your Pokemon and your deposited details, including gender, level, IGN, and message. The more detailed you are, the easier it is for me to find it. You can use the form below, but that is not required.
  • In your post, you can include the name of 1 ocean going creature, along with 1 fun fact about that creature. The creature does not need to be real, nor unique from other posts. The more interesting it is, the more we'll both learn! (This is not required, but you make Blizz happy when you do!)
  • Enjoy!
Pokemon Deposited:
Pokemon Requested:
IGN:

My Ocean Creature Is:

Last edited:
Î have to say that this is awesome, great work ! :)
I will see if I can manage to request some of them later on today ^^

Requested:Barbaracle
Deposited:lv 1 male Grimer in a Dusk ball (One of my Adamant breedjects with 4 egg moves, to show my gratitude)
Ign:Buck

Octopus:Did you know that octopuses (or, "octopodes", as the correct plural should be) are born genderless? In their ten first days, through a process that i don't know much about, they "decide" their sex, which is evident by the structure of their suction cups.Some of them don't manage to "choose" a sex and remain genderless forever, with a single row of suction cups in each tentacle, instead of the normal two of those with a sex.

Thanks and happy world ocean day!

Last edited:
Requested:Barbaracle
Deposited:lv 1 male Grimer in a Dusk ball (One of my Adamant breedjects with 4 egg moves, to show my gratitude)

Octopus:Did you know that octopuses (or, "octopodes", as the correct plural should be) are born genderless? In their ten first days, through a process that i don't know much about, they "decide" their sex, which is evident by the structure of their suction cups.Some of them don't manage to "choose" a sex and remain genderless forever, with a single row of suction cups in each tentacle, instead of the normal two of those with a sex.

Thanks and happy world ocean day!
Sent! Enjoy!

Pokemon Deposited: Lvl 27 Female Trubbish in a Quick Ball
Pokemon Requested: Kingler
IGN: Nick

My Ocean Creature Is: The Seahorse - Seahorses often have the male carry the eggs of their young instead of the female.

Last edited:
Pokemon Deposited: Grimer lvl 24 female
Pokemon Requested:Golisopod
IGN:Karevan

My Ocean Creature Is: Electric eel: is known to produce electricity sufficient enough to light up to 10 electric bulbs.

Pokemon Deposited: Grimer (Lv. 27, male, Ultra Ball)
IGN: Andre
Message: I want to trade for a Pokémon that is strong in battles.
Thank you!

Pokemon Deposited: Grimer lvl 24 female
Pokemon Requested:Golisopod
IGN:Karevan

My Ocean Creature Is: Electric eel: is known to produce electricity sufficient enough to light up to 10 electric bulbs.
Pokemon Deposited: Grimer (Lv. 27, male, Ultra Ball)
IGN: Andre
Message: I want to trade for a Pokémon that is strong in battles.
Thank you!
Sent! Enjoy!

Hi there, this request if for both me and my Fiancé

Me:
Deposited: Lvl 1 male Grimer in quick ball
Pokémon Requested: Wailord
IGN: Shawn
Message: I want to trade for a Pokémon that is strong in battles

Mimi
Pokémon Requested: Gorebyss
IGN: Mimi

Thanks for this giveaway, we will try and request again later

Last edited:
Hi there, this request if for both me and my Fiancé

Me:
Pokémon Requested: Wailord

Mimi
Pokémon Requested: Gorebyss

Thanks for this giveaway, we will try and request again later
Sent! Enjoy!

Wow that was fast, here goes request num 2

Me:
Pokémon Requested: Barbaracle

Mimi
Pokémon Requested: Alomomola

Thanks again

Last edited:
Pokemon Deposited: Trubbish Female Level 27, Quick Ball
Pokemon Requested: Garbodor
IGN: サト

My Ocean Creature Is: Orca; Killer beast in ocean

Wow that was fast, here goes request num 2

Me:
Pokémon Requested: Barbaracle

Mimi
Pokémon Requested: Alomomola

Thanks again
Sent! Enjoy.
Pokemon Deposited: Trubbish Female Level 27, Quick Ball
Pokemon Requested: Garbodor
IGN: サト

My Ocean Creature Is: Orca; Killer beast in ocean

Requested:Alomomola
Deposited:lv 26 female Trubbish in a Quickball

Salmon:Did you know that the salmon's meat is orange due to it eating shrimp and other such creatures?

Last edited:

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Awesome giveaway, love the theme, banner, and the effort you put into it, thanks for hosting it!

I have no request, but I would like to give a fun fact: Coral reefs are built by millions of tiny creatures, the coral polyphs, who divide themselves into colonies and build these reefs over thousands and even millions of years in some cases! These reefs become home for hundreds of other species, forming entire ecosystems in the process!

Pokemon wanted: Gyarados
Available Pokeballs:
Available Abilities: Intimidate
Current Moves: |Waterfall|Crunch|Ice Fang|Dragon Dance|

Pokemon deposited: Grimer Lvl 24 (M)
IGN: Moz Eltoff
Message: I want to trade for pokemon that are strong in battles.

Thank you!

Requested:Alomomola
Deposited:lv 26 female Trubbish in a Quickball

Salmon:Did you know that the salmon's meat is orange due to it eating shrimp and other such creatures?
Pokemon deposited: Grimer Lvl 24 (M)
IGN: Moz Eltoff
Message: I want to trade for pokemon that are strong in battles.

Thank you!
Sent! Enjoy!

Learning a lot of new and wonderful facts! :3

Pokemon Deposited: Grimer (lvl. 25, Male)
Pokemon Requested: Gyarados
IGN: Evan

My Ocean Creature Is: Sea Turtles. They seem so chill and happy. :D

Requested: Cloyster
Deposited: lvl 27 male trubbish
ign: Nedcone
Mssage: I want to trade for a pokemon that is strong in battle

I'm really glad this thread was created. I actually do research on aquatic invertebrates (apple snails and tardigrada) although my focus is more on fresh water species.

However, my ocean animal shall be the catfish. As a result of many of the hormones in birth control that flow their way into the water system following consumption (and are not filtered by water treatment plants), many catfish populations near water waste treatment plants experience gender ratio imbalances as a result of the hormones. I'm currently involved on a project seeing the similar effects of these hormones on Hawaiian land snails!

Hey, finally got home and would like to participate here.

Pokemon deposited: Trubbish, Female, Level 27, Dusk Ball
Pokemon Requested: Garbodor, Let's help cleaning the seas !
IGN: Phil
Message: I am searching for a Pokemon with a cool Nickname (or something like that..)

My Ocean Creature: Anemone Fishs, they live in Swarms of many male and one female fish which is leading. If the female dies, one male fish changes gender during one week!

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Hey, finally got home and would like to participate here.

Pokemon deposited: Trubbish, Female, Level 27, Dusk Ball
Pokemon Requested: Garbodor, Let's help cleaning the seas !
IGN: Phil
Message: I am searching for a Pokemon with a cool Nickname (or something like that..)

My Ocean Creature: Anemone Fishs, they live in Swarms of many male and one female fish which is leading. If the female dies, one male fish changes gender during one week!

Requested: Cloyster
Deposited: lvl 27 male trubbish
ign: Nedcone
Mssage: I want to trade for a pokemon that is strong in battle

I'm really glad this thread was created. I actually do research on aquatic invertebrates (apple snails and tardigrada) although my focus is more on fresh water species.

However, my ocean animal shall be the catfish. As a result of many of the hormones in birth control that flow their way into the water system following consumption (and are not filtered by water treatment plants), many catfish populations near water waste treatment plants experience gender ratio imbalances as a result of the hormones. I'm currently involved on a project seeing the similar effects of these hormones on Hawaiian land snails!
Pokemon Deposited: Grimer (lvl. 25, Male)
Pokemon Requested: Gyarados
IGN: Evan

My Ocean Creature Is: Sea Turtles. They seem so chill and happy. :D
Sent! Enjoy!

Pokemon Deposited: female alolan grimer nestball (lvl 6)
Pokemon Requested:Gyarados
IGN:Aurora

My Ocean Creature Is: Seacow

this chilled dude is an aquitance of an elephant.

thx alot c:

Last edited:
Pokemon deposited: Grimer, Female, Level 27, Dusk Ball
Pokemon Requested: Barbaracle
IGN:
Phil
Message: I am searching for a Pokemon that is strong in battles

My Ocean Creature: Penguines, their body is designed to avoid the removement of the turbulent boundary layer while swimming at is therefore one of the ocean creatures (if not THE oen) with the least friction in water.

Ooh that was quick!
Well for my other request:
Huntail
Deposited: Female grimer lvl 24
IGN: Nedcone

Ocean sea creature: Lungfish. It's speculated that the lungfish is one of our closest evolutionary aquatic animals due to its ability to breathe out of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)