"Worst Pokémon Ever"

I think that Hoothoot is fine because it has to be a little creepy with one leg because it is based on nocturnal birds, which are a sign of bad luck in many regions.
The only thing I don't like about this bird is its Normal typing that could be Dark (so Dark/Flying upon evolution makes more sense to me).

Ledian is a case of confusing ideas united into this thing.
We have a Bug/Flying with 4 arms (with something resembling 4 punches) but 3 abilities, one of which is Iron Fist (which could be nice to boost some coverage move, maily the elemental Fists which have already a better base power than Hidden Power). The other 2 are borderline useless in actual fact.

First problem: typing is bad defensively and offensively with the lack of strong STABs.
Second problem: your stats are low and in the wrong places, and with the Atk lower than its SpA. Keep in mind that the elemental Punches are physical moves.
Third problem: harsh movepool with barely support moves to play it in PU as a screener.

====> I think that Ledian was meant to have another evolution...that is not arrived yet.

Last edited:
Oh my god i love reading this thread, so funny. I nominate Fearow. The ugliest bird in all the land. My dude wtf are you doing with that beak. And boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy........ don't even get me started in this man's haircut. FUCK THIS DIPSHIT!!!! And his expression makes him look constipated as fuck. so ugly makes me want to have crippling depression.

Is it too early to list UB Assembly and UB Burst here? I would list out what's wrong wirh their designs but it would just be a longer version of this saying: "those dont even look like Pokemon"
What I like about UBs in general is that they prove that pokemon have an underlining design philosophy to them

They're the only pokemon that truly don't look like pokemon
and if nothing else next time some random "fan" of his childhood anime memories says "those new pokemon don't look like pokemon" while pointing at Rotom you have empirical evidence to disprove that

What I like about UBs in general is that they prove that pokemon have an underlining design philosophy to them

They're the only pokemon that truly don't look like pokemon
and if nothing else next time some random "fan" of his childhood anime memories says "those new pokemon don't look like pokemon" while pointing at Rotom you have empirical evidence to disprove that
Normal Rotom DOES look like a Pokemon. His appliance form is a GREAT way to make object Pokemon look like Pokemon as opposed to say Klefki or Trubbish

Worst Pokemon ever? For me, it's the only pokemon I ever dropped due to sheer hatred, Lumineon. I used it in a pearl playthrough for giggles. Caught it as a finneon in the low 20s. (the actual level escapes me. Only that it was in the low 20s.) I then babied it to level 31. When it evolved, I thought Lumineon was pretty cute. I then taught it surf and proceeded to baby it some until at least, Cyrus, I think and dropped it because I just couldn't anymore. It couldn't kill anything. Fire types laughed at its surf and everything else didn't even notice it because I never actually used it for anything that wasn't weak to it.

I have a problem with Cubchoo and whatever the Pikaclone is for SM. Cubchoo's design is quite revolting considering the icicle dripping from its nose resembles snot. In addition, it evolved into a super bland evo.
The 7th gen Pikaclone is another example of Nintendo trying to replicate its most promoted Pokemon. It feels like an insult to longtime players at this point. It's not even charming of its own merits, design wise.

This was brought up earlier and people like myself mentioned that is the intent of Voltorb. It is meant to look like a pokeball so it can be a mimic, essentially tricking the trainers in the pokemon universe
Yeah, I know that's the intent (and I know it's an old pokemon that is like centuries old), but it still just hit me for how simplistic the design (in a bad way) it is.

The 7th gen Pikaclone is another example of Nintendo trying to replicate its most promoted Pokemon. It feels like an insult to longtime players at this point. It's not even charming of its own merits, design wise.
Um...that's the point. Mimikyu is supposed to be imitating Pikachu; it thinks doing so will make it friends. Also, it kicks ass both in-game and competitively (something Pikaclones generally don't do).

This was brought up earlier and people like myself mentioned that is the intent of Voltorb. It is meant to look like a pokeball so it can be a mimic, essentially tricking the trainers in the pokemon universe
That kinda makes it worse then. Mimics generally can be interesting so long as your willing to put in the effort into making them interesting. For instance, we got another "mimic" pokemon in the form of Foongus and Amoongus. I personally think they're far more interesting than Voltorb and Electrode. Amoongus can actually be used at some competitive level, the name reference is entertaining and witty, and of course, Foongus is cute. (I have a huge weakness for cute) Voltorb and Electrode literally have nothing beyond "mimic". I still think Lumineon is the "worst pokemon ever" but Voltorb / Electrode is pretty bad too and I can totally understand why some would call it the worst instead.

That kinda makes it worse then. Mimics generally can be interesting so long as your willing to put in the effort into making them interesting. For instance, we got another "mimic" pokemon in the form of Foongus and Amoongus. I personally think they're far more interesting than Voltorb and Electrode. Amoongus can actually be used at some competitive level, the name reference is entertaining and witty, and of course, Foongus is cute. (I have a huge weakness for cute) Voltorb and Electrode literally have nothing beyond "mimic". I still think Lumineon is the "worst pokemon ever" but Voltorb / Electrode is pretty bad too and I can totally understand why some would call it the worst instead.
Although to be fair it's originated from the oldest GB games where colours don't even exist yet, I know right? That thing is way too simplistic and nothing beyond "mimic" and "meme".

Plus it is kind of... obvious that a Pokemon that is in the first 151 has a design that is way less deep-designed/detailed than one that is *significantly* more recent. Years of trial/error and improvement in both games graphic and actual designers tend to produce better results later on.

I'm nominating Avalugg. With the combination of a ridiculously spelled name, a ridiculous design (a dining table?), and average defensive stats with the worst defensive type ever, it's just awful. The design is the worst offender, too. It looks like it just got cut off AND those icicles look like... Nevermind

I'm nominating Avalugg. With the combination of a ridiculously spelled name, a ridiculous design (a dining table?), and average defensive stats with the worst defensive type ever, it's just awful. The design is the worst offender, too. It looks like it just got cut off AND those icicles look like... Nevermind
Eh... it's pretty trash in normal tiers, but it's just about mandatory on ice type teams and its defense stat is actually pretty insane.

Although to be fair it's originated from the oldest GB games where colours don't even exist yet, I know right? That thing is way too simplistic and nothing beyond "mimic" and "meme".
That's a fair point, but an excuse for having a bland or dull design doesn't really change the fact that it's a bland or dull design. If we take Voltorb and Electrode at face value, it's clear that they lack any meaningful distinguishing features, and I'd argue it's fair to criticize them for their flaws, regardless of the situation surrounding their debut.

In addition, Generation I had tons of fantastic, nuanced Pokemon, like Alakazam, the Nido lines, and the Gengar line. These are Pokemon that, rather than being held back by graphics limitations, flourished because of them.

I'd say the only saving grace for Voltorb is that without it, we wouldn't have gotten the fantastic Amoongus line.

That's a fair point, but an excuse for having a bland or dull design doesn't really change the fact that it's a bland or dull design. If we take Voltorb and Electrode at face value, it's clear that they lack any meaningful distinguishing features, and I'd argue it's fair to criticize them for their flaws, regardless of the situation surrounding their debut.

In addition, Generation I had tons of fantastic, nuanced Pokemon, like Alakazam, the Nido lines, and the Gengar line. These are Pokemon that, rather than being held back by graphics limitations, flourished because of them.

I'd say the only saving grace for Voltorb is that without it, we wouldn't have gotten the fantastic Amoongus line.
You guys realise I am saying about the same thing minus the limitation thing right lol?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Here's a controversial one:

Splash, Teleport, and, after evolving into Cosmoem, Cosmic Power.
Also Cosmog's Ability is Unaware which it can't use.
Cosmoem though can be an alright wall (though it's low HP kind of lets it down there, plus no healing or way to do even passive damage is the final nail in the coffin).

"Um, HELLO. They evolve into Solgaleo and Lunala, who cares about their base and middle stage".

Well, that's just it, if the end goal here is Solgaleo and Lunala, just give me Solgaleo and Lunala. Why am I messing with Cosmog and Cosmoem who I can't do nothing with aside take up a party plot to absorb levels in via Exp. Share. We don't use Zygarde's Cores or Cells to battle, no, we just collect them and later create a Zygarde (even if its 10% Forme).

Like, why not have them learn some other useful Status moves that Solgaleo and Lunala don't learn naturally. They don't have to attack, but providing additional options would make having them at least mean something.

Here's a controversial one:

Splash, Teleport, and, after evolving into Cosmoem, Cosmic Power.
Also Cosmog's Ability is Unaware which it can't use.
Cosmoem though can be an alright wall (though it's low HP kind of lets it down there, plus no healing or way to do even passive damage is the final nail in the coffin).

"Um, HELLO. They evolve into Solgaleo and Lunala, who cares about their base and middle stage".

Well, that's just it, if the end goal here is Solgaleo and Lunala, just give me Solgaleo and Lunala. Why am I messing with Cosmog and Cosmoem who I can't do nothing with aside take up a party plot to absorb levels in via Exp. Share. We don't use Zygarde's Cores or Cells to battle, no, we just collect them and later create a Zygarde (even if its 10% Forme).

Like, why not have them learn some other useful Status moves that Solgaleo and Lunala don't learn naturally. They don't have to attack, but providing additional options would make having them at least mean something.
Z-Splash providing Solgaleo with dat niche +3 attack thoe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)