XY/ORAS Underused Battle Replay Thread

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-220699008
Got tricked into thinking Ape would be a Suicide lead, let it get NP Set up. Mostly got lucky after it, but it shows Ape can still be a threat yo.
This is, and I'm being sincere, the most confusing replay I think I've ever seen. I have a question at pretty much every single turn:

Turn 0: why do you have no hazards
Turn 1: what would make you lead out with heracross, seeing his team
Turn 2: After a nasty plot, why would you leave Suicune in? He's obviously going to have grass knot!
Turn 3: can't possibly see why Porygon-Z would be brought in here, a special infernape is going to probably have vacuum wave even if you're scarfed..
Turn 6: why is he running calm mind alakazam
Turn 8: i dont even know what entei is running. assault vest?? don't use that haha. also, why would you sacred fire milotic? even if you are vest, its going to take it really well, and burn means its even bulkier
Turn 9: at a loss for words on the second sacred fire. even more confused as to why he is running confuse ray milotic. and why he went for it there.
Turn 10: Can't fathom why he'd switch out Milotic, surely he has a recovery move.
Turn 13: I can see why he would double protect, thinking you're scarf perhaps, but at that point its just an insane risk. hes banking living on a 30% chance. its insane.
turn 16: can't imagine why alakazam doesn't have a sash, i guess its calm mind life orb???
Turn 17: at this point im not shocked he brought out milotic, because why try and live an attack from an assault vest entei to recover when instead you can take a chance with a x2 atk lucario with life orb

This is, and I'm being sincere, the most confusing replay I think I've ever seen. I have a question at pretty much every single turn:

Turn 2: After a nasty plot, why would you leave Suicune in? He's obviously going to have grass knot!
Turn 3: can't possibly see why Porygon-Z would be brought in here, a special infernape is going to probably have vacuum wave even if you're scarfed..
Turn 8: i dont even know what entei is running. assault vest?? don't use that haha. also, why would you sacred fire milotic? even if you are vest, its going to take it really well, and burn means its even bulkier
Turn 9: at a loss for words on the second sacred fire. even more confused as to why he is running confuse ray milotic. and why he went for it there.
Turn 10: Can't fathom why he'd switch out Milotic, surely he has a recovery move.
Turn 13: I can see why he would double protect, thinking you're scarf perhaps, but at that point its just an insane risk. hes banking living on a 30% chance. its insane.
turn 16: can't imagine why alakazam doesn't have a sash, i guess its calm mind life orb???
Turn 17: at this point im not shocked he brought out milotic, because why try and live an attack from an assault vest entei to recover when instead you can take a chance with a x2 atk lucario with life orb
Agreed, but don't be too harsh. This is low ladder, after all.

Being low ladder doesn't mean one is inexperienced, simply bad at laddering. And if you'd look past that, I did mention that NP Ape could be a threat, also backed up by the fact it's the victim of the week.

So. Problem?

the problem is that you posted a bad game, in my opinion. I'm not trying to go back and forth here i just don't like that fact people posted any old game up here for the sake of it, its not about the novelty of the replay its about if its actually a good game worth watching.

Being low ladder doesn't mean one is inexperienced, simply bad at laddering. And if you'd look past that, I did mention that NP Ape could be a threat, also backed up by the fact it's the victim of the week.

So. Problem?
Sorry to say this, but inexperience and being bad at laddering are usually tied together... And kind of agree with Gully, that wasn't a great game. Just don't put replays here you don't think are worth putting next time.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-223146229

One of my better replays (playing as ImDatNinja) in UU. Overall it demonstrates the benefit of hazards in battle, as the Rocks + Spikes layer 1 that I had on my opponent's field gave me tremendous advantage, and eventually racked up enough damage to cost my opponent the game.

Choked Turn 1 by thinking Nidoking would outspeed Adamant Entei.
Opponent derps up Turn 7 by switching Heliolisk into a predicted Scald when I actually go for Earthquake. Rip.

Turn 10 is what I'm proud of. I bring in Accelgor, predicting his switch into Empoleon, and prevent its Defog with Final Gambit.
And from there, the game is mine.

MVP is Seismitoad for chumpblocking band Entei's ExtremeSpeed and Sacred Fire.

Might you explain yourself?
Sure. First off a good battle usually has a good match up. Your team was definitely outclassing your opponents. Second you got alot of hax in the form of first turn scald burns. Thats like having a super hero beat the villain in the first 30 seconds and then the rest of the fight is super man kicking lex luther while he is on the ground... its boring. Last you slaughtered with a pokemon that is known for slaughtering. People want to see new strats, good plays, and epic combacks. You showed superman kicking lex luther. Close games with people that know what they are doing are really fun to watch. Thats why the finals in room tours are hyped.

Their are exceptions to these standards but this is mainly what I look for.

Nah the battle was good. I personally enjoy 6-0 sweeps more than last turn 5-6's as long as the losing player isn't a complete idiot. And with a 30% chance I wouldn't consider Scald burn hax, it's statistical advantage at that point.

Nah the battle was good. I personally enjoy 6-0 sweeps more than last turn 5-6's as long as the losing player isn't a complete idiot. And with a 30% chance I wouldn't consider Scald burn hax, it's statistical advantage at that point.
I just can't agree with you there. Sure, Scald burning is not that haxy, but crit and burn on a physical attacker?! Now that my friend, is what we call hax. Also, he won 6-0, but do you even call it a sweep when it takes that long? At least I don't call it a sweep when it takes 37 rounds to knock out all the opposing pokemon. And, as DaSpoofy said, here we want epic comebacks and wicked predictions and plays. Spamming Rest and Sleep Talk is not playing well and predicting your opponent. Just my opinion on the case.

First time posting in this thread, So I'm just gonna get into it. This is a battle I had just about a minute ago from when I'm posting this. The battle was really fun and I was testing out some Sucker punch Spam, and without any more of me rambling on the battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-229199709

Another bit on ramblings I choked quite a bit in this match and Hax help me out, its funny how I nearly lost to a reuni with a "Dark Spam" team. Done.

First time posting in this thread, So I'm just gonna get into it. This is a battle I had just about a minute ago from when I'm posting this. The battle was really fun and I was testing out some Sucker punch Spam, and without any more of me rambling on the battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-229199709

Another bit on ramblings I choked quite a bit in this match and Hax help me out, its funny how I nearly lost to a reuni with a "Dark Spam" team. Done.
Haha you have three pokes that absorb water

Hello again, I've decided to try and make my presence known on Smogon. So here I am with another Replay of a Match, I had again minutes from this post. I'm using a team I build a couple of weeks ago but had modified it because it was quite weak to Cobalion. Without me taking up anymore of your time here's the battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-229560026 Hopefully this one is better than the last one I posted

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello again, I've decided to try and make my presence known on Smogon. So here I am with another Replay of a Match, I had again minutes from this post. I'm using a team I build a couple of weeks ago but had modified it because it was quite weak to Cobalion. Without me taking up anymore of your time here's the battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-229560026 Hopefully this one is better than the last one I posted
King UU: You have to go into more detail regarding your battle. This thread is meant for newer users to learn about strategy.

So yeah you should probably have explained the battle, for people who didn't watch your previous replay they probably wouldn't even know which one was you lol. It was good to watch though.

King UU: You have to go into more detail regarding your battle. This thread is meant for newer users to learn about strategy.

So yeah you should probably have explained the battle, for people who didn't watch your previous replay they probably wouldn't even know which one was you lol. It was good to watch though.

I was thinking about explaining the battle but I thought it would be too long of a post but next Ill make sure to have a detail explanation about the battle

Here's the battle:http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-229727138

Back again, once again and today people today I have for your another Battle. I'll stop, but in all seriousness I have yet another Battle. This battle is where I debut a New Team centered around Shark Plus Jelly or Sharpedo and Slurpuff. It may not be the best team but it's really fun to play with in my opinion. Lets get into details regarding the battle.

So this battle was pretty straightforward Win with Slowking Cause his team was so weak to it. Looking at my opponents team I thought I straight up lost to Cm Roar Cune, so I was a bit cautious in making him believe my rotorm was Scarfed. His Goodra also proved to be quite an annoyance luckily had Jelly to help me with it. I said earlier that the next time I posted I would have a detailed explanation of the battle replay. The is a first attempt and hopefully it isn't terrible.

Also if you read this far I have no fucking idea how that guy got so high with suck a terrible team imo tbh js

Lmao. I had most of the same thoughts as well

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)