SM OU Yo Yo Piraka! (Balanced)

Hello guys! i posted my last team here a while ago, and with some edits to it i made this one. But with the meta changing quickly with the Megagross ban and new Megas, I'm not quite sure how my team stacks up anymore. I would love some feedback! Anyway, here we go:

Avak (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

You all know Lando-T. He sets up the entry hazard, provides slow U-turn support, and is a mix of tank and bulky offense. Stone Edge is there to take out Zard-Y, who smokes me if my Greninja gets KOed. U-Turn for slow switching. Rocky Helmet chips at physical attackers. EVs and nature were recommended to me, and they work well.

Zaktan (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

With his incredible defensive stats, Ferrothorn is a must on this team. Leftovers and Leech seed give him ridiculous regen when used together, and his EVs and Nature are good for countering most of his opponents. Spikes in case Lando-T can't bring out the Stealth Rock (or there's nothing better to do) and given how slow he is, Gyro Ball absolutely tears through rock and ice types. Power Whip is there because I need a grass move somewhere on my team, but it's quite inaccurate and i would prefer something else.

Thok (Greninja-Ash) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Greninja-Ash was introduced to my team following the ban of Pheromosa, because a speedy ice user is essential in today's meta. Focus Sash lets him switch into many different enemies that would OHKO him, and pull off that game-changing Ice Beam to take out a Lando-T, a Garchomp, etc. U-Turn provides nice Bug support against Alakazam-Mega and Hoopa-U as well as general switching utility. Hydro Pump can provide support against Zard-Y and Heatran, but not much else. Dark Pulse doesn't get used much, but it's a good STAB move. EVs and Nature give him optimal speed and special attack while still not crippling U-Turn.

Hakann (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

This Hoopa-U is unusual, but trust me, it works really well. With Assault Vest and full special defense EVs, it has a stellar Sp.Def of 539. Few people expect this, and when they his me with a Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower or the like, Hoopa-U can take it like it's no sweat, and retaliate with great coverage. Thunderbolt gives my team lightning coverage, and the rest are self-explanatory. Instead of putting EVs into HP, I put them into Sp.Atk to still provide plenty of punch.

Reidak (Garchomp) @ Firium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

I love this Garchomp. Any time I have a chance to bring it out, a little dead part of me comes back to life with the childish joy of kicking ass with a landshark-dragon-thing. There's a lot of strategy and prediction, But that Z-Fire Fang has a power of 120. It annihilates almost every steel type, and literally all of them after a Swords Dance. Earthquake takes out Heatran, and Dragon Claw takes out Turtonator, Zard-X, and stuff. If there's one pokemon I'd like to keep in this team, it's this guy.

Vezok (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

Toxapex handles whatever Ferrothorn can't. Regenerator is great when you have two U-Turn pokemon, and EVs and Nature give him good defensive capabilities. Scald in case of Taunt or steel types, Recover for longevity, Toxic for main damage, and Haze for Baton passers.

Final Team:

Avak (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Zaktan (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Thok (Greninja-Ash) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Hakann (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Reidak (Garchomp) @ Firium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

Vezok (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Haze

So there ya go! What do you all think?

i would put hp ice on the lando for other landos but thats just a preference.
The only thing that sucks with your team is the focus sash ash-gren make him choice specs and change uturn for water shuriken.
Thats it, other than that its a sick team, but defo change the greninja

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey Copperhawk really cool team you have there, and while I like some of the suggestions made by Rictard I feel a few more changes could be made to really get this team functioning on a high level. Those few changes would be focused on helping the team overcome a couple issues I see just looking at the team. Some of those issues being: Trouble dealing with psychic spam (Tapu Lele+Alakazam cores), Sticky Webs, and opposing Greninja (depending on coverage). My rate will aim to fix these problems, while keeping the same central theme as your original version.

Major Changes:

>
On this team the Sticky Webs matchup is really subpar along with a lack of speed that makes taking on mons like M-Medicham a more difficult task, and that’s why I’m recommending Tapu Koko>Hoopa-U. This change will help the Sticky Webs match up, increase team speed, as well as provide the team with an offensive check to mons like Protean Greninja who are troubling for the team (Greninja obviously depends on the coverage). The Move Set I’m suggesting is Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Ice / Taunt / U-turn with the EV Spread: 252 SpA / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe Timid Nature and the item Zap Plate. Thunderbolt is a strong stab with the Electric Terrain that allows Koko to take on mons like Greninja and Charizard-Y in a 1v1, HP Ice is solid coverage letting you hit grounds like Landorus-T and Zygarde who may try to switch in since they’re immune to your Thunderbolt, U-turn provides you with momentum allowing you to keep the upper hand throughout the battle (you also avoid getting trapped by non scarf Dugtrio), and Taunt helps you prevent Sticky Webs which can be a pain if your opponent gets them up early in the game. This swap of Tapu Koko for Hoopa I feel is very beneficial overall helping with speed allowing more mons to outpace balance breakers like M-Medicham, and boosting utility in the form of Taunt.

>
I am a fan of a defensive steel in this slot, but with psychic spam being so prevalent in the tier I feel the swap of Magearna>Ferrothorn will allow the team to better take on psychic spam that often runs coverage to take out Ferrothorn (HP Fire/Focus Blast) that Magearna eats. The Move Set I’m suggesting is Fleur Cannon / Flash Cannon / Volt Switch / Hidden Power Fire with the EV Spread: 200 Hp / 56 SpA / 252 SpDef Calm Nature and the item Assault Vest. Fleur Cannon and Flash Cannon are powerful stabs, Volt Switch provides momentum to get your big hitters such as Garchomp and Ash Greninja in as often as possible, and HP Fire is for coverage to hit things like Ferrothorn – but I’d definitely encourage you to play around with other options in this slot such as Aura Sphere or Ice Beam as they also have their merits. The EVs allow the Magearna to better take on threats like opposing Greninja and Tapu Koko, as well as, being able to come in twice against Specs Gengar. Overall this change should prove fruitful in helping you take on a large amount of Metagame threats.​

Minor Changes:

Greninja is a very nice option for your team, but the set does need a little tweaking. Firstly I like the idea of using a Focus Sash to surprisingly take a hit, but with the lack of reliable removal on this team I don’t feel it’s the most consistent option leading me to suggest the Item Choice Specs. The Move Set I’m suggesting is Hydro Pump / Dark Pulse / Water Shuriken / Spikes Timid Nature with the EV Spread: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef. Hydro Pump and Dark Pulse are strong stabs, Spikes help wear down the opponent/make up for the loss of them on Ferrothorn, and Water Shuriken helps provide some strong priority and allows Greninja to serve as a backup check to Volcarona as Z-Psychic variants take on Toxapex, and solely relying on Garchomp to eat a hit after Volcarona reveals its set isn’t the best option in my opinion. In short try to keep rocks up against Volcarona teams until the set is revealed, as Z-Psychic variants are really annoying (other sets are handled by Toxapex). Anyways, this set I feel will definitely help the team, and is worth a try.

The one suggestion I have on Toxapex is Toxic Spikes>Toxic as it’s a more consistent way of poisoning all grounded opponents, but if you want to stick with Toxic to put mons like Latios and Landorus-T on a timer as they switch in I won’t put up a huge fuss. This is really comes down to preference, so just try out both options, and see which you prefer more.

With the addition of Tapu Koko mons like M-Pinsir are better checked, so I definitely agree with Rictard that HP Ice>Stone Edge is a great swap as you can now use Landorus-T as a more focused check to opposing grounds like Zygarde and opposing Landorus-T.​

Summary of changes:

->

->

: Toxic -> Toxic Spikes
: Stone Edge -> HP Ice
: Sash -> Specs Spikes with Water Shuriken​

https://pastebin.com/K2Jnz8PK
Here’s an Importable of the team, just click on this

That’s all I have on the team rating wise. I feel this variant of the team will definitely help you better face off against more Metagame threats. There are still a few rough matchups, but if you play smart this team should have a solid chance to win in almost any matchup. Anyway, I had fun with this rate, and I hope you enjoy using the team! Let me know in the thread or PM if you have any questions or concerns, and have a Great day!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)