Pokemon VGC 2010 DATES / rules announced for the US!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
My house is literally a 6 hour drive from both the phoenix and san fran stops. Not happy right now. HOPEFULLY I can get my drivers' license in time to show up to one or both of them.

Like I said, only the very north, central and the shores of Jersey are the good places. Don't judge Jersey because of it's terrible stereotypes and that horrible MTV show.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm confused. It said on the site (for Dallas) that it was May 29th. I then click on it, and at the top of the page it says May 22nd. Does that mean you sign up the 22nd and play on the 29th, or what? It could make or break me going.

I'm actually surprised at these location's despite the majority of us east coast players heading to NJ. That first come first serve crap is pretty insane as well. I'm honestly just happy the lottery crap is gone.

Alright, I'll be at Seattle for sure. My backup is flying to Newark, I guess. Or really anywhere. It's pretty boss that my dad works for Air Canada, yeah?

Good luck to those who seem to have trouble finding a way to a qualifier!
I honestly think your the only Canadian i have seen on smogon going to VGC O.o. well that's massive luck for you than. Good luck to all who compete this year!

I honestly think your the only Canadian i have seen on smogon going to VGC O.o. well that's massive luck for you than. Good luck to all who compete this year!
Well that's just fantastic, no pressure or anything. I do have a friend who might be coming though... Maybe if I'm lucky, Newark will see some Torontonites. I've driven from Niagara to New York before, so I know it isn't that bad. Otherwise, I'll be the only one.

CANADA REPRESENT

werd

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Totally loling at the VGC copy-pasta fail. Does anyone check this stuff before they update? Haha...

So is anyone else here coming down from Canada? I met NOT ONE Canadian at Seattle last year, everyone came up from Portland. >.>
I'm really looking forward to socializing with some peeps, and hopefully winning an invite to Nationals, of course.

C'mon Canada, there has to be someone else from Vancouver, at least.
I'm from Vancouver. Unless problems arise, I should be at the Seattle stop again this year.

Looks like Rain Dance will continue it's dominance with Kyogre there. SpecsOgre + LO Kingdra is probably going to have a huge prevalence as the opening duo.

Lets not forget, Groudon trumps Kyorge in a weather match. Slower goes first. Wont believe how many Kyorge I have killed with my Groudon/Shiftry lead.

Evil Combos Must Die

So question: What to do if you are in your first VGC battle, and your apponent is using a Kyogre/Kingdra/Swampert/Zapdos combo?

Just looking for possiblities so that I do not IMMEADIATELY KO in the first round. That would suck...all of that work for nothing...

Just for you to know, I've emailed TPCi my complaints. We'll see if they are going to reply.

If you're curious about the content of the email, just PM me.

So question: What to do if you are in your first VGC battle, and your apponent is using a Kyogre/Kingdra/Swampert/Zapdos combo?

Just looking for possiblities so that I do not IMMEADIATELY KO in the first round. That would suck...all of that work for nothing...
Trick Room + Rain can probably take care of that. Dialga and Ludicolo open, yes? Trick room, proceed to destroy threats?

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there

Hopefully you have a Swift Swim Ludicolo. He rapes that entire team.

You might wanna also worry about the fact that people might carry two weather inducers instead of just one, just in case you wanna mess up your opponent in the last second depending on what type of weather is currently in play.

also note that its pretty hard to attempt so it might also be a risk for you at the same time.

Oh, i also remember awhile back on PBR where a Japanese player i faced had hail+Rain. He ended up screwing me over when sending a hail inducer when i was ready to sweep with my Kingdra and ludi.

(They should have two East cost stops next time)
They should have a central-area stop as well. Like Chicago or Milwaukee. Hell, even Minnesota would do just fine (I think they did that before).

This year I am reduced to traveling to the very last regional comp in order to have a chance at nationals. oh well.

They should have a central-area stop as well. Like Chicago or Milwaukee. Hell, even Minnesota would do just fine (I think they did that before).

This year I am reduced to traveling to the very last regional comp in order to have a chance at nationals. oh well.
....You do know that there's essentially a regional qulaifier at Nationals, right? Placing in the top 16 in the Last Chance Qualifier allows you to play in Nationals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)