Pokemon Seminar - Maximizing Your Odds of Winning (August 14th, 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be out of town that day. Will it be possible at all to get a log of the seminar to post on here? I'm really interested in this. If not that's ok.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I don't think that would be a good idea. This is estimated to run for an hour and a half, which goes far beyond the limits YouTube has. Not to mention reading text on a HyperCam video is much harder to read than straight text from a log.

Moo

Professor
is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a few Q's:

1. Will people Be allowed in the chan after it has started? I'm sure you guys dont want to be flooded with ppl joining.
2. How will the flood control work? I'm guessing the speakers have access and then set mode +m? Just curious.
3. What about the Q&A section? I'm guessing that would be affected by flood control. Also will it be covering questions in detail or just briefly?

Thanks

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Earlier they said that they will set mode +m and all questions shall be PM'd to the operators who will then select some for answering.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
I have a few Q's:

1. Will people Be allowed in the chan after it has started? I'm sure you guys dont want to be flooded with ppl joining.
2. How will the flood control work? I'm guessing the speakers have access and then set mode +m? Just curious.
3. What about the Q&A section? I'm guessing that would be affected by flood control. Also will it be covering questions in detail or just briefly?

Thanks
1. Most likely, unless it becomes a problem.

2. Yes, it will be +m.

3. Questions will be submitted via query (PM) to Jimbo and Bloo. They will select good questions and give the user voice to ask the question. A tutor will answer your question and the others will be able to add on to the answer after they are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)