Excadrill

I might be a little paranoid, but with SD, how well does he do towards Breloom without X Scissor (I explained a lot about this factor earlier in the pages)?
He's honestly better off running Return, since he still nets most of the OHKOs he'd get with X-Scissor (like Breloom) while not being completely screwed against Randorosu and Gliscor.

So any ideas what Pokemon would go well with this thing?

I'm thinking standard BaitTar with Ice Beam over SuperPower to lure in Gliscor, Skarm, the Ground/Flying legendary, etc., while at the same time getting sand up. After that send this guy in, get a SD up and bring out the brooms.

The only problem is the overlapping Water/Fighting/Ground weakness. Also it'd be best to have a backup sweeper, since rain and sun are probably gonna shit on your parade often. For that I'm thinking Kingdra since he can take advantage of the opponent's weather and can sweep perfectly on its own as well. (Also helps with the water weakness)

All in all, this thing is the most badass mole since that ninja guy from Bloody Roar.

So any ideas what Pokemon would go well with this thing?
Probably Randorosu will work, Mixed Set with Grass Knot or Swords Dance/Stone Edge/Earthquake/Grass Knot. If you may provide it Sandstorm, with Sand Power Swords Danced Stone Edge OHKOes Max HP/Max Def Skarmory. And Randorosu resists both Fighting and Ground attacks, which Doryuuzu hates.

It's sad seeing that Doryuuzu can't learn Stone Edge. But then again, that may be a good thing because the low accuracy of a move may cost you a match.

LO Starmie and Doryuuzu complement each other excellently both defensively and offensively. Starmie takes the Fire and Fighting attacks while Doryuuzu takes the Electric, Bug, Ghost and Dark ones. At the same time, they can beat up each other's counters by focusing on opposite ends of the physical/special spectrum. I also think Expert Belt Tyranitar (mentioned earlier I think) would be nice to eliminate Nattorei, Gliscor etc., while setting up Sandstorm.

everyone for some reason is always afraid of stab eq's coming from more than base 100 atk.

May I remind you that unboosted doryuuzu is not dangerous, and that boosted rock slides aren't that bad. Seriously, zuruzukin can switch in with impunity on the obvious swords dance. (and it really really is obvious.), then take a hit, use drain punch to regain enough health to most likely take another. Shibirudon is a similar case. Unboosted or un stabbed hits shouldn't cause so much panic. ie ramparados has trouble bludgeoning uu walls. When you have thin defenses, even with a speed boosting ability, you're powerful but not broken. For example, Garchomp, who truly may be broken, is so because he has more defenses than swampert, great offensive typing, and a good speed number. Doryuuzu has higher attack and speed, but that doesn't mean it's better than garchomp, for the aforementioned reasons. It doesn't help that weather changers can revenge him. (with choice items.)

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
LO Starmie and Doryuuzu complement each other excellently both defensively and offensively. Starmie takes the Fire and Fighting attacks while Doryuuzu takes the Electric, Bug, Ghost and Dark ones. At the same time, they can beat up each other's counters by focusing on opposite ends of the physical/special spectrum. I also think Expert Belt Tyranitar (mentioned earlier I think) would be nice to eliminate Nattorei, Gliscor etc., while setting up Sandstorm.
That could work, but Starmie is getting worn down really quick with SR + LO + SandStorm, even with Recover.

everyone for some reason is always afraid of stab eq's coming from more than base 100 atk.

May I remind you that unboosted doryuuzu is not dangerous, and that boosted rock slides aren't that bad. Seriously, zuruzukin can switch in with impunity on the obvious swords dance. (and it really really is obvious.), then take a hit, use drain punch to regain enough health to most likely take another. Shibirudon is a similar case. Unboosted or un stabbed hits shouldn't cause so much panic. ie ramparados has trouble bludgeoning uu walls. When you have thin defenses, even with a speed boosting ability, you're powerful but not broken. For example, Garchomp, who truly may be broken, is so because he has more defenses than swampert, great offensive typing, and a good speed number. Doryuuzu has higher attack and speed, but that doesn't mean it's better than garchomp, for the aforementioned reasons. It doesn't help that weather changers can revenge him. (with choice items.)
I don't think Zuruzukin can take a +2 LO boosted, STAB earthquake coming from 405 attack. That's not even considering SR damage.

IIRC, Zuruzukin can take a LO boosted STAB Brave Bird from Staraptor, and a Doryuuzu EQ would be slightly weaker than that.

Edit: wait, I forgot about Intimidate. That'd mean Zuruzukin can survive the EQ.

although threatening, if you are afraid of facing one of these, just bring a strong mach punch, vacuum wave or aqua jet user and you have nothing to fear seriously!

Wow. This guy makes me want to use a Sandstorm team. Its horrifying base attack, backed by doubled speed in Sandstorm is good enough for me.
I'm really liking the SD Rapid Spin set, and hope to use it sometime soon.

Also, we have another Pokemon who 4x resist Stealth Rock!

Has anyone thought about using a scarfed moldbreaker set as a counter to the sandstorm sand throw set? I think it's funny how this pokemon counters itself XD

Has anyone thought about using a scarfed moldbreaker set as a counter to the sandstorm sand throw set? I think it's funny how this pokemon counters itself XD
I don't understand. Unless I've missed how Mold Breaker works now in Gen V, it doesn't negate abilities. The opposing Sand Throw Doryuuzu will be at +2, while the Scarfed Mold Breaker Doryuuzu will be at only +1. It may work better if you just have Scarf Sand Throw, which is what I'm assuming you meant. That would put you at +3 so you can throw an Earthquake in his face.

I don't understand. Unless I've missed how Mold Breaker works now in Gen V, it doesn't negate abilities. The opposing Sand Throw Doryuuzu will be at +2, while the Scarfed Mold Breaker Doryuuzu will be at only +1. It may work better if you just have Scarf Sand Throw, which is what I'm assuming you meant. That would put you at +3 so you can throw an Earthquake in his face.
Hmm, yeah. I hadn't actually taken the time to look up its effects, sorry about that. I was just watching a video and the guy was saying how he had a scarfed Doryuuzu with moldbreaker to counter other Doryuuzu. From that I just assumed he thought moldbreaker negated abilities.

I said unboosted. for the most part. With a zuruzukin using intimidate, there is a definite possibility of being a counter.
Zuruzukin is OHKO'd with SR even after factoring intimidate.

Oh, and for all of you priority enthusiasts, aside from the fact that Doryuuzu can just switch out if he's threatened, with a spread of Adamant with 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe (enough to outspeed Scarf Starmie), Doryuuzu survives a Mach punch from +1 Roopushin, even after SR. Oh yeah, and he OHKOs back with EQ.

Aside from Azumarill, that is the strongest SE priority I can think of.

Im Sorry, but whats about Breelom? With Technikian-Mach Punch itll hurt much, and it resist both StaBs. Will EQ kill anyway, if it runs a full Hp-Set? I think so, but im not sure

Im Sorry, but whats about Breelom? With Technikian-Mach Punch itll hurt much, and it resist both StaBs. Will EQ kill anyway, if it runs a full Hp-Set? I think so, but im not sure
Breloom doesn't resist Steel...

Anyway, I toyed with the numbers on the Smogon Calc, using Salamence as a base for Doryuuzu and changing the type from Dragon/Flying to Ground/Steel, simply to get the 135 base Attack.

252 Adamant Life Orb "Salamence" (with Ground/Steel as type) +2 Earthquake
vs. 12/0 Adamant Life Orb Breloom : 109.1% - 128.4%

That's a kill against SD-Mach Punch Breloom on-site, since with Technician and not Poison Heal, as well ad Drain Punch at 75 base power and no longer helped by Technician, I don't think a Bulky Technician Breloom will exist.

EDIT:
I forgot by the "full HP part you were talking. For SubSeed Breloom, Dory's Earthquake hits less hard:

252 Adamant Life Orb Salamence +2 Earthquake
vs. 252/252 Impish Toxic Orb Breloom : 61.4% - 72.2%

If you change Breloom to an Adamant 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def version I predict may become the "Bulky" Technician set, it becomes this:

252 Adamant Life Orb Salamence +2 Earthquake
vs. 252/4 Adamant Toxic Orb Breloom : 88.6% - 104.3%

Entry hazards and potential held Life Orbs say "HI!" to poor little Breloom.

Doryuuzu is extremely good, I bet he'll be banned.
Honestly I don't think so. Even though the metagame hasn't even started (unless you count Pokemon Online's mechanics tests as a pre-metagame), I see things that could stop him. As said before, his EdgeQuake coverage is in fact QuakeSlide, which is far less impressive. Floating Steels (Bronzong, Skarmory, Magnet Rise stuff) and perhaps Gliscor say hi to his standard offensive set. Priority Fighting moves - Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave - also stop him well, common users being Infernape (Iron Fist), Lucario, Hitmontop, and Rohpushin (sp?). And last, but not at all least, is if his precious Stream of Sand is taken away, he becomes a Swords Dance Heracross or Gallade, only slightly faster and less bulk. With Ninetails and Politoed being rediscovered, this metagame is going to be defined in the beginning by weather. Considering most sets will run Adamant, in my opinion, base 90's will outrun him when the sand is gone, since it's not the only permanent weather in OU now (since I'm predicting Ninetails and Politoed will start as OU. I know "the metagame doesn't exist yet", just predicting).

He'll be dangerous. Hell be right on top with Tyranitar; wherever TTar goesm this mole will dig a tunnel to follow. But he's fairly easy to stop if you're prepared.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was almost going to say that Swampert and Hippowdon wall him to death until I realized that he gets a guaranteed KO on Pert with +2 EQ after SR. :( Hopefully, he's never getting Aqua Tail, which will wreck Hippow's shit for sure and uh...any other bulky Ground I would have anticipated walling him.

Also, when I said that Roopushin was going to be a good answer to him earlier, I kind of forgot that his Att was base 135, so unless you're running CB Mach Punch (which I will most definitely not try with Shanderaa around), Pushin's just gonna keel over after a +2 EQ like everything else.

the only solid checks then, it seems are levitators that don't care about rock slide. Flygon/Brongzong are the only ones that come to mind here.
The existence of this dude makes vacuum wave infernape so much more important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)