The World Cup of Pokemon VI - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
Really bad luck in this tournament.

Good luck to usa metro and canada.

The best of the tournament was the only point obtained by rey.

man id be so mad if i were on la...

14-10 not advancing over a 13-11 team doesnt make sense at all. idk any sport where the team with the better record doesnt advance to playoffs

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion

14-10 not advancing over a 13-11 team doesnt make sense at all. idk any sport where the team with the better record doesnt advance to playoffs
Do you not have bonus points in america? It happens a lot here.

Not that I think they arent a terrible idea. I am just assuming you are american I cant be bothered checking.

Have a nice day.

youd be correct in assuming im american. the only sport (i think, and certainly the only major sport) that determines standings based on points is hockey but they want to reward shoot out losers for being very close to winning. idk i guess im just accustomed to the clear cut W-L way americans use

If Rotom learned Surf, Spain would be in the Top 8. But the sad reality is that rotom only learn Hydro Pump and the spanish´s hydro pumps have 0% accuary :/

GL to USA Metro

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Jackal, is round 2 really necessary? Lets just make it Canada vs East finals and end this foolish tournament, we know that East will be the victors...

And GJ Europe for coming back big time. Good job Brazil finishing 13-11 when you were like 11-5 lol.

OK that's not true. There are divisions in sports, and teams with mediocre records make it over teams with better records all the time, because they win the division or whatever. Just saying.

OK that's not true. There are divisions in sports, and teams with mediocre records make it over teams with better records all the time, because they win the division or whatever. Just saying.
ikr.
Classic example: New England patriots about 2 years ago. They were 11-5 and missed the playoffs. 10 win teams got in

ikr.
Classic example: New England patriots about 2 years ago. They were 11-5 and missed the playoffs. 10 win teams got in
Heck, we don't even have to go back 2 years, look at the Seahawks lol. I understand that this doesn't mean that this is a good system, but please don't act like this is something really rare in the fields of competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)