Kyurem

Kyurem kinda sucks now, but I expect with the third installment, Nintendo'll give him a kickass ability and/or new typing. There's no point in using him: Garchomp is faster, and he's dead against any Steel type due to lack of coverage.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Kyurem kinda sucks now, but I expect with the third installment, Nintendo'll give him a kickass ability and/or new typing. There's no point in using him: Garchomp is faster, and he's dead against any Steel type due to lack of coverage.
Chomp is uber and he at least has focus miss right/

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
The Ice melts away & it turns Dragon/Dragon-type. I'm calling it. Double STAB Draco Meteor. I don't put it past GF to do it.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The Ice melts away & it turns Dragon/Dragon-type. I'm calling it. Double STAB Draco Meteor. I don't put it past GF to do it.
Gamefreak probably will do that cause you know, its Trollfreak double StAB outrage and DM would be the ultimate troll
(alongside Dw sabelye...Really)

now to get serious i think that kyurem in the third game will become the original dragon that reshiram and zekrom used to be and it will probably get its signature moves, ice burn and freeze shock along with an ability that makes it require no charge up turn by. by the way should i do anything to the evs of my kyurem?

tehy

Banned deucer.
In 3rd game it becomes a grass/dragon with v-create and perversity and leaf storm.

Just because.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Kyurem should get Snow Warning in the third game and have its HP stat reversed with its speed stat.
that makes a lot of sense actually. snow warning seems like The ability for third game kyurem, maybe freeze shock and ice burn dont require a charge up turn in hail can anyone look at this?

Since Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare are apparently charge moves, I doubt this will get any better in the next game, unless an alternate forme is released a la Giratina.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Since Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare are apparently charge moves, I doubt this will get any better in the next game, unless an alternate forme is released a la Giratina.
thats what we are hoping for. and also if freeze shock and cold flare get a chance to skip their charge turn kyurem would be great. by the way Does hail work like sunnybeam with these moves like i theorized (most likely not but still a possibility)

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Whoops, yeah, I meant a Rash nature.

You're so wrong. Modest specs Draco Meteor is the strongest in OU, it has insane bulk (keep away from scizor, fighting types ect.)

Give it a scarf and Rapid Spin support and it will destroy everything.

As for improvements, give Kyurem Swords Dance, Ice Shard, Icicle Drop and Icicle Spear and I'll be happy.

Whoops, yeah, I meant a Rash nature.

You're so wrong. Modest specs Draco Meteor is the strongest in OU, it has insane bulk (keep away from scizor, fighting types ect.)

Give it a scarf and Rapid Spin support and it will destroy everything.

As for improvements, give Kyurem Swords Dance, Ice Shard, Icicle Drop and Icicle Spear and I'll be happy.

Keep it away from fighting types? Enlighten me how, considering everyone spams Drain Punch until they've crapped their pants about it. Tons of stuff have fighting type moves, as well as Steel type. It's typing gives it no advantage whatsoever, as Ice sucks, and why do we want bulk for something that gets killed by a buttload of stuff? And all ice type moves, what the hell?

Anyway, I personally predict it'll lose its ice typing, because the dex says it has so much raw energy, its body froze. I assume it'll be something that melts the ice and keeps him a Dragon or a new second type, and maybe a stat change, because a motto legendary in OU is laughable.

I personally love this guy. If you can get rocks off the field, he's such a beast. Here's my set, having a lot of success with him/her/it lately.

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
Timid
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast
-Dragon Pulse

130 base sp. atk means that pretty much only chansey and blissey have a hope of walling this set

Those who are using Kyurem purely Special is doing it wrong, as Latios has a far superior speed, and Hydreigon has higher speed and a much better typing.

No, what he excels at is being mixed. He has the highest mixed attacking stats outside Ubers, and his sets should capitolize on this. I run him on my Tailwind/Hail/balanced teams with TWave support to GREAT success:

Kyurem @ Life Orb
Naive/Rash Nature
252Sp.A/Atk EVs to OHKO Blissey/Rest Speed (I really haven't done the math, I run 252Atk/252Sp.A, but not everyone is me, so...)
Moves:
Draco Meteor
Outrage
Focus Blast
Blizzard/Ice Beam/HP Fire

Obviously Kyurem is worse than most dragons...if you use him as an inferior dragon. You have to use pokemon where their uniqueness shines.

I think Kyurem well end up having an alternate forme of pure Dragon typing and with some of its stats reversed. But he's been useless for me in OU

@ Maestro: Outrage, my dear friend. Base 130 attack makes it deadly.

@xtoxin: please stay on subject about kyurem in the current metagame. This isn't the thread for speculation.

@Shiki: That actually sounds pretty interesting. Mind posting a set?

trick room? with base 95 speed?
even with a hindering nature (i.e. brave) and 0 speed IVs, a buttload of pokemon are outspeeding you (in trick room)

I've been using this set lately, but only on Hail teams:

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
212 HP / 252 Sp. Atk. / 44 Spe
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Draco Meteor
HP Fire

It might seem awkward not fully investing in speed considering that it is scarfed, but this gives it just enough speed to out-run Thundurus. Ice Beam is there in case Hail isn't up. Spam Blizzard otherwise. Draco Meteor is obvious, and HP Fire is there for pesky steels. Though you might want to run an alternate spread of 116 HP / 252 Sp. Atk. / 140 Spe and Timid nature in case you fear Jolly +1 Spe Dragonite.

Scarf Kyurem is a beast but I think Mr.L had the right idea with Paralysis support. There's a reason it's signature move is Glaciate, it excels in cutting the opponent's speed and once it does it's much more dangerous than being Choice Locked into Hp Fire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)