Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jynx (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot

Requesting a team around mono-attacking Jynx. This was a fun set back in bw and I want to see how well it performs in the current meta cuz im too lazy to try and build around it.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Steakburgers

Lumineon is just straight up outclassed by Prinplup in any defensive role; however, Lumineon does have the ability to hold Choice Specs without any drawbacks, so I opted to use that. I've also really been wanting to use Combusken and Scyther together because of their ability to either gain momentum, or punch holes in the opponent's team depending upon the situation. By happy accident they share great synergy with Lumineon as well. Nascar Piloswine gives us Stealth Rock and a way to dent Lanturn's that might expect to outspeed and Scald you. Shuca Berry Klinklang gives us a solid check to top tier physical threats such as Archeops and Tauros, and Rotom gives the team a way to cripple bulkier Pokemon and keep up momentum while checking threats.

Here's a replay of the team in action: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-254240687
Lumineon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Storm Drain
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Defog

Combusken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 96 HP / 232 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Klinklang @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Substitute

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

SotheBlacKnight

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpD / 128 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Weezing @ Black Sludge
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Def / 120 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 92 HP / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Signal Beam
- Psyshock
- U-turn

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Hey there, building with Samurott + Torterra was a lot of fun since I've havent used either of these mons in a while. For the Samurott set, I opted to go special since the only solid switch in is Lanturn and Torterra takes care of that. I'm running megahorn over like hp grass because I can hit Lanturn harder, I can smack Cradily on its weaker defensive side etc. For the Torterra set, I added enough speed for adamant Rhydon since thats rising in popularity. I put the rest in hp and sp.def to help with Rotom, and Lanturn, etc. Next on the list is Weezing. Weezing gives me t spikes support, a ground immunity, fighting resist and Malamar check. Fast taunt also beats crodino. I know this set is set up on by sub Klinklang but if you can taunt it, Torterra should be able to handle it. Next on the list is Magmortar. This mon helps destroy the mons that like to soak up my t spikes. It is also a solid Lillgant counter. Next on the squad is Xatu. This mon is another check to Malamar. It keeps hazards off the field (for the most part) and provides momentum. The speed is for Sawk. Lastly I have a scarf Rotom. This mon forces the opponent to think twice before spinning. This mon also is a nice revenge killer. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mar0waX

Hey man, here's a pretty standard hazard stacking team with some Pokemon to abuse it. Bulkier teams will get worn down by Toxic Spikes and typically fall to a combination of Samurott, Bouffalant, and Rhydon. Whereas more offensive teams will struggle to break Garbodor, Rhydon, and Xatu without making themselves prone to a Samurott or Lilligant sweep. Bouffalant can opt to run Pursuit over Earthquake if you find the team is that incredibly weak to Rotom (as of now I feel you can play around it but I see how it can be annoying) however you become increasingly weak to Klinklang. As always, feel free to reply with any questions or comments. Enjoy!

ps: this team hasn't been tested, but its good on paper and has the approval of several lab builders
Bouffalant @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake / Pursuit

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 244 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Powder

Samurott @ Splash Plate
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Megahorn

SotheBlacKnight

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Torterra @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Signal Beam
- Psyshock
- U-turn

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Hey there, building with Samurott + Torterra was a lot of fun since I've havent used either of these mons in a while. For the Samurott set, I opted to go special since the only solid switch in is Lanturn and Torterra takes care of that. I'm running megahorn over like hp grass because I can hit Lanturn harder, I can smack Cradily on its weaker defensive side etc. For the Torterra set, I added enough speed for adamant Rhydon since thats rising in popularity. I put the rest in hp and sp.def to help with Rotom, and Lanturn, etc. Next on the list is Weezing. Weezing gives me t spikes support, a ground immunity, fighting resist and Malamar check. Fast taunt also beats crodino. I know this set is set up on by sub Klinklang but if you can taunt it, Torterra should be able to handle it. Next on the list is Magmortar. This mon helps destroy the mons that like to soak up my t spikes. It is also a solid Lillgant counter. Next on the squad is Xatu. This mon is another check to Malamar. It keeps hazards off the field (for the most part) and provides momentum. The speed is for Sawk. Lastly I have a scarf Rotom. This mon forces the opponent to think twice before spinning. This mon also is a nice revenge killer. Enjoy!
Just curious but wouldnt it be better to run more HP than def evs when speed creeping with Weezing to help maximize his poor base HP stat?

SotheBlacKnight

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

Torterra @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Synthesis

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic Spikes

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake
- Thunderbolt

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Signal Beam
- Psyshock
- U-turn

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Alright! Thanks! I'll be sure to put the team to good use.

Hey!

So, I am new to competitive battling and would like to become a part of NU. I looked at the tier list to find pokes that looked fun and decided on Vanviluxe. If you guys could build a team around that Ice Cream Cone that would be awesome.

I am looking to use this team on PS! and WiFi but I have no Idea how people get legendarily with the nature they want/Ivs so if you could leave them out that would be cool. (Unless someone wants to clone me some pokes? Hint Hint)

:)

Edit: Oh lol. All right could you try Sawsbuck?

Last edited:

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey!

So, I am new to competitive battling and would like to become a part of NU. I looked at the tier list to find pokes that looked fun and decided on Vanviluxe. If you guys could build a team around that Ice Cream Cone that would be awesome.

I am looking to use this team on PS! and WiFi but I have no Idea how people get legendarily with the nature they want/Ivs so if you could leave them out that would be cool. (Unless someone wants to clone me some pokes? Hint Hint)

:)
Me and Hollywood have already built teams with Vanilluxe in this thread :) you should read the original post in this thread and check those out :)

Looking for a team built around SD WoW sheddy shenanigans. Last team I got from here was unfortunately made by tennis, so hopefully one of the good builders here can take my idea onboard. Preferably a more defensive team, it's where I'm most comfortable.

Recently I've been having trouble trying to build this Bulky Offense Team around Throh and Muk, so I thought I'd come to you guys.

Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Muk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk /8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Shadow Sneak
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch

Feel free to change the existing pokemons' EVs, they're just the suggested spread that was offered. Thanks!

soulgazer

Crustle @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Drain Punch

Samurott @ Mystic Water
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Own Tempo
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish

Whats up SG, I got a cool team for you that I made by myself and totally did not steal. Crustle provides hazards, Mismagius provides a spin blocker, Kanga provides priority, Samurott and Lilligant provide win conditions and Mesprit provides healing wish. Welp, thats all there is to this team, enjoy and happy laddering! n_n

ok so here is the real team xd. fyi, I built this team with Blast and boltsandbombers. So we wanted to use life orb Garbodor because it just hits so hard and is actually able to 2 hit things like max hp Rhydon, defensive Xatu etc. The speed is for Xatu's that invest to outspeed adamant Sawk. The next mon is a don spin blocker. I saw this Dusclops set on ladder once and it murked me. Remember you asked for a team fun to use xd. The ev's could be adjusted but since most spinners are physical attackers, Blast and I just decided on max def. The moveset is self explanatory; Mean look to trap, then curse up and rest. Wisp is filler, protect is also an option. Next on the team is Poliwrath. This mon gives me a knock off sponge, water resist and fire resist. The speed is for max base 55s like Eggy or Cacturne. Tauros was added because you also requested broken pokemon lel. Pursuit helps with the teams scarf Rotom weakness. I dont have fire blast because I figured Dusclops or Poli could handle Ferroseed. Next on the list is a bulky pivot with rocks. Uxie also provides a ground immunity. The speed is for neutral base 70s. Lastly I have another broken pokemon. Rhydon is honestly like the best pokemon right now as many teams are 6-0'd by the polish 3 attacks set. Jolly allows you to outspeed and ohko things like defensive Lanturn. And megahorn ohko's grass types like Lilligant and Ludicolo which can otherwise live a stone edge at full and revenge you. Enjoy the team Big Bad Booty Disciple soulgazer. replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-254493478
Garbodor @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Spikes

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Mean Look
- Will-O-Wisp
- Curse

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
SoulSpam, sorry in advance for this massive post.

Normally when I build around random Pokemon that aren't very popular in the metagame, I try to find ways to exploit common things with them. As an example, I built around four attacks Simisage a while back during the Sneasel/Gallade metagame because the most common defensive Pokemon of the time were Mawile, Lanturn, Xatu, Torterra, etc. and bulky Poison-types had fallen out of favor because the most common Fighting-type had Psychic STAB. However, Sawsbuck doesn't really do that. It doesn't match up well against much, Garbodor is a mess for it, it can't really lure anything, and it isn't quite fast enough to sweep/break well against your average team. Other cleaners/breakers are generally more efficient (SD Samurott has few defensive answers and has priority to make up for its Speed, Combusken has crazy good offensive typing and doesn't have to spend turns boosting outside of clicking Protect, Scyther has a really easy time setting up because of its killer bulk and is actually fast). I think the only place where I wouldn't feel like I was wasting a teamslot on Sawsbuck is sun because it's definitely the best physical sun sweeper thanks to secondary STAB and the ability to break bulky Poison-types with Life Orb Double-Edge. Even though it will probably die in the process against the most common Poison-type, Garbodor, that's not really a big deal on hyper offense if it means you broke down the biggest problem to your team in the process. I'm not a fan of manual weather teams because they're inconsistent, but here's an attempt at a sun team with Sawsbuck.

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
EVs: 144 HP / 248 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Jump Kick

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball

Pyroar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Mesprit @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psych Up
- Sunny Day
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

Probopass @ Custap Berry
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sunny Day
- Volt Switch

Liepard @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Sunny Day
- U-turn

I started with Sawsbuck and just went with a conventional Swords Dance set with Double-Edge for its raw power because you really cannot afford to miss out on any KOs. Sawsbuck's EVs allow it to outspeed the uncommon but existent Scarf Scyther under sun and gives it some more HP to help keep it around longer if it has to spam Double-Edge and gain more recovery off of Horn Leech. Victreebel is the single best sun sweeper in the tier, so it was an obvious choice. I was going to go with Sucker Punch as its filler move, but I think Sleep Powder is too good to pass up because it lets you dodge Sucker Punch and gives setup opportunities to Sawsbuck. Specs Pyroar works so well with sun because aside from the obvious reasons, offensive Fire-types work so well alongside offensive Grass-types, which can take on bulky Water- and Rock-types while it can take on most of the many types that resist Grass. I chose Mesprit over Uxie as a sun setter because although the extra bulk is nice, Healing Wish is super clutch and gives killer momentum for the team. Because the team has Healing Wish support, you can set up Sawsbuck more recklessly against bulky Water-types without just losing to a Scald burn, and with Life Orb Double-Edge Sawsbuck, Life Orb Victreebel, and hazard weak Pyroar, as well as a general weakness to priority, Healing Wish will almost definitely outright win games. 200 Speed Timid outruns Adamant Sawk, which is important because it ravages the team if sun isn't up. This allows Mesprit to outspeed it and break its Sturdy, knock it out, or get up sun against it. Custap Power Gem Probopass is catered specifically for this team, and I'm pretty sure I'd never use anything close to it on a serious non-sun team. It's here to take on Fletchinder, which pretty much 6-0's the team on its own otherwise, without being useless against teams without it by setting up Stealth Rock then sun and bringing in a sun sweeper immediately afterwards. Against more balanced teams, you can keep it around longer and set up sun and pivot with it, and you can also save its Custap Berry for clutch sun to close out the game. Finally, classic Liepard fills out the last slot because it offers another weather pivot that can use Encore to provide setup opportunities for Sawsbuck.

As with most weather teams, this one is pretty weak to Kangaskhan, but it's really hard to fix that without taking the team in a different direction. Also, fuck Sawsbuck would be so good if Nature Power was still Earthquake on WiFi.

As a bonus because I'm not terribly happy with that team, here's another team built around Vanilluxe.

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Shard

Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Atk / 116 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Combusken @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass
- Protect

This one is a VoltTurn team based around breaking checks to the rest of the team with Vanilluxe. Most physically defensive Pokemon in general can't take hits from Vanilluxe, but specific Scyther checks such as Rhydon and Mawile have especially poor matchups against it. Lanturn checks such as opposing Lanturn and bulky Grass-types also struggle tremendously with it. Bulky Torterra covers Scyther and Lanturn's most problematic weaknesses in Rock and Ground and has enough Defense investment to take on Tauros and Kangaskhan as well. Xatu helps prevent Stealth Rock for Scyther and provides Thunder Wave support for Vanilluxe and Lanturn to have an easier time against offense. Combusken is in the last slot and also appreciates Vanilluxe's ability to take on Pelipper, Mantine, and Lanturn. It can also Baton Pass Speed boosts to Lanturn and Vanilluxe or even just pivot with it. Unfortunately, it needs a Timid nature to outspeed a lot of stuff at +1, but it still hits pretty hard because of its high Base Power moves with good neutral coverage.

I hope you enjoy the teams! :heart:

I also hope at least one person reads this post because I really should have been sleeping instead of making it.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
LetMeShine-

Hey dude, Mawile and Mesprit are two really cool pokemon. Typically I'd like to run Scarf Mesprit with Healing Wish, but I gave Life Orb a try. Mawile's set is pretty standard, as is Mesprit. I opted to go for Ice Beam on Mesprit over something like Signal Beam because our team isn't that Malamar weak and hitting Xatu's super effectively is really nice. We're also really weak to Sawk atm so I opted for Timid on Mesprit to make sure we're always outpacing Adamant Sawk. Magmortar helps us deal with bulkier teams that can take hits from a +2 Mawile. Archeops allows us to check other Archeops lacking Stone Edge, as well as Tauros lacking Rock Slide. Ludicolo gives us a solid late-game sweeper with some speed, and also gives us a soft check to many water-types that would otherwise plague us. Haunter is incredibly tough to switch into, especially after everything else on the team has done some damage to the opponents squad. Haunter also gives us some much needed speed and a way to deal with threats that get out of hand with Destiny Bond.

Overall this team is very offensive and will rely on good play and keeping up offensive pressure to do well. Jynx, Combusken, Sawk, and other various offensive threats roll through this team with proper prediction, so do everything in your power to not let them get a free switch as you'll likely have to sack a team member.

Hopefully you enjoy the team and find some success with it! Sorry your request took so long, we have a lot on our plates right now.
Mawile @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish

Magmortar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics
- Defog
- Roost

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Haunter @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Trick
- Destiny Bond

SoulSpam, sorry in advance for this massive post.

Normally when I build around random Pokemon that aren't very popular in the metagame, I try to find ways to exploit common things with them. As an example, I built around four attacks Simisage a while back during the Sneasel/Gallade metagame because the most common defensive Pokemon of the time were Mawile, Lanturn, Xatu, Torterra, etc. and bulky Poison-types had fallen out of favor because the most common Fighting-type had Psychic STAB. However, Sawsbuck doesn't really do that. It doesn't match up well against much, Garbodor is a mess for it, it can't really lure anything, and it isn't quite fast enough to sweep/break well against your average team. Other cleaners/breakers are generally more efficient (SD Samurott has few defensive answers and has priority to make up for its Speed, Combusken has crazy good offensive typing and doesn't have to spend turns boosting outside of clicking Protect, Scyther has a really easy time setting up because of its killer bulk and is actually fast). I think the only place where I wouldn't feel like I was wasting a teamslot on Sawsbuck is sun because it's definitely the best physical sun sweeper thanks to secondary STAB and the ability to break bulky Poison-types with Life Orb Double-Edge. Even though it will probably die in the process against the most common Poison-type, Garbodor, that's not really a big deal on hyper offense if it means you broke down the biggest problem to your team in the process. I'm not a fan of manual weather teams because they're inconsistent, but here's an attempt at a sun team with Sawsbuck.

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
EVs: 144 HP / 248 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Jump Kick

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball

Pyroar @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Mesprit @ Heat Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psych Up
- Sunny Day
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

Probopass @ Custap Berry
EVs: 184 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sunny Day
- Volt Switch

Liepard @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Encore
- Sunny Day
- U-turn

I started with Sawsbuck and just went with a conventional Swords Dance set with Double-Edge for its raw power because you really cannot afford to miss out on any KOs. Sawsbuck's EVs allow it to outspeed the uncommon but existent Scarf Scyther under sun and gives it some more HP to help keep it around longer if it has to spam Double-Edge and gain more recovery off of Horn Leech. Victreebel is the single best sun sweeper in the tier, so it was an obvious choice. I was going to go with Sucker Punch as its filler move, but I think Sleep Powder is too good to pass up because it lets you dodge Sucker Punch and gives setup opportunities to Sawsbuck. Specs Pyroar works so well with sun because aside from the obvious reasons, offensive Fire-types work so well alongside offensive Grass-types, which can take on bulky Water- and Rock-types while it can take on most of the many types that resist Grass. I chose Mesprit over Uxie as a sun setter because although the extra bulk is nice, Healing Wish is super clutch and gives killer momentum for the team. Because the team has Healing Wish support, you can set up Sawsbuck more recklessly against bulky Water-types without just losing to a Scald burn, and with Life Orb Double-Edge Sawsbuck, Life Orb Victreebel, and hazard weak Pyroar, as well as a general weakness to priority, Healing Wish will almost definitely outright win games. 200 Speed Timid outruns Adamant Sawk, which is important because it ravages the team if sun isn't up. This allows Mesprit to outspeed it and break its Sturdy, knock it out, or get up sun against it. Custap Power Gem Probopass is catered specifically for this team, and I'm pretty sure I'd never use anything close to it on a serious non-sun team. It's here to take on Fletchinder, which pretty much 6-0's the team on its own otherwise, without being useless against teams without it by setting up Stealth Rock then sun and bringing in a sun sweeper immediately afterwards. Against more balanced teams, you can keep it around longer and set up sun and pivot with it, and you can also save its Custap Berry for clutch sun to close out the game. Finally, classic Liepard fills out the last slot because it offers another weather pivot that can use Encore to provide setup opportunities for Sawsbuck.

As with most weather teams, this one is pretty weak to Kangaskhan, but it's really hard to fix that without taking the team in a different direction. Also, fuck Sawsbuck would be so good if Nature Power was still Earthquake on WiFi.

As a bonus because I'm not terribly happy with that team, here's another team built around Vanilluxe.

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Ice Shard

Scyther @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack

Lanturn @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 72 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Torterra @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Atk / 116 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

Combusken @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass
- Protect

This one is a VoltTurn team based around breaking checks to the rest of the team with Vanilluxe. Most physically defensive Pokemon in general can't take hits from Vanilluxe, but specific Scyther checks such as Rhydon and Mawile have especially poor matchups against it. Lanturn checks such as opposing Lanturn and bulky Grass-types also struggle tremendously with it. Bulky Torterra covers Scyther and Lanturn's most problematic weaknesses in Rock and Ground and has enough Defense investment to take on Tauros and Kangaskhan as well. Xatu helps prevent Stealth Rock for Scyther and provides Thunder Wave support for Vanilluxe and Lanturn to have an easier time against offense. Combusken is in the last slot and also appreciates Vanilluxe's ability to take on Pelipper, Mantine, and Lanturn. It can also Baton Pass Speed boosts to Lanturn and Vanilluxe or even just pivot with it. Unfortunately, it needs a Timid nature to outspeed a lot of stuff at +1, but it still hits pretty hard because of its high Base Power moves with good neutral coverage.

I hope you enjoy the teams! :heart:

I also hope at least one person reads this post because I really should have been sleeping instead of making it.
Woah. You are the best person ever :D

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
Choice Banned

Hi. Hey. Hello. Here's a team with BU Gogoat and Lanturn, I know your original request asked for Milk Drink but losing EQ really makes you suck against Steel-types and Horn Leech is typically enough healing with Leftovers anyway. Lanturn set is standard, I chose to run protect because the team basically works by Toxic stalling the opponent. Garbodor is the MVP of this team, making it so that Sawk doesn't completely run through us, he also sets up the Toxic Spikes our team needs to function correctly. Metang is one of the few reliable counters to Jynx (which otherwise shits on us) and gives us a soft check to Tauros and Archeops. Metang also sets up SR and packs Toxic to make our life much easier vs SD Scyther. Offensive 3 Attacks Malamar functions very well on teams with Toxic Spikes and at the very least can Knock Off a foe's item before going down. Misdreavus blocks Rapid Spin users that are becoming more and more common in this metagame, and also abuses Toxic Spikes and Will-O-Wisp with Hex. Misdreavus even has the ability to stop most of the common defoggers with Taunt thanks to its relatively high Speed stat.

Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you struggle with anything so I can attempt to patch up the team.
Gogoat @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Lanturn @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 208 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Toxic Spikes
- Drain Punch

Metang @ Eviolite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Substitute

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Pain Split
- Taunt

Hey, This thread looks sick! nice work all :]
This is a fun little core I think may have a little bit of potential.

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

Really neat set I have been meaning to try out recently, I don't know if these little guys generally run def or spdef but the point is Monferno has a pretty decent matchup vs Klingklang, liepard, cacturne, mawile, pinsir and even Kangaskhan if kept healthy.

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Moonlight

tbh this is pretty interchangeable with other CM psychics like
and
(pls no Uxie because its probably leaving soon) use what you see fit. Anyway Monferno does a great job of crippling or outright removing most of the common CM Psychic checks which is pretty sweet considering they are generally some of the best wincons imo.

So yeah, feel free to tweak the sets and whatnot
Thanks! :]
Was my core accepted? Sorry if I come off as impatient i'm just curious. Thanks

requesting stone edge spam team (or rock spam w/e you want to call it) around Archeops + Barbaracle core. I would like Archeops to be banded definitely, Barbaracle set can be swapped around however, idm, preferably shell smash.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
Silverbackkap, Orphic is currently working on your request.

Apologies to anyone who has requested a team and has been waiting a long time to have their request filled, I'm personally working very hard to fill as many requests as possible (built around 7 teams the past few days) but we still have ~12 queued. As a reminder to anyone requesting a team, the higher on the viability rankings a Pokemon is, the more likely your request will be filled faster as more lab members will be more accquainted with it. More niche requests will take a little longer to fill as sometimes the lab members need to familiarize themselves with these Pokemon. As far as priority for requests go, I cannot speak for other members, but I personally work off a first-come-first-served policy unless I am completely stumped when it comes to building with the requested Pokemon.

Thanks to everyone who has requested a team so far, we want to help, but we have a lot on our plates so bear with us as sometimes it might take awhile to produce a good team for you to use.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Pinsir Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVS: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor
-Quick Attack
-Earthquake

I would like a team built around SD Pinsir. Pinsir imo is pretty underrated and is cool for having an high attack and can break through Psychic and Dark types, both of which are pretty common. He has priority to help him pick off weakened threats as well. I could build a team but I'm kind of lazy and wanna see your teams build around it. Good luck!

i asked for a team back at page 17 on swords dance samurott and nasty plot mismagius . i guess it was missed and if it was'nt then could u tell me its status?? im just curious bout the team. sorry if im being a bit impatient

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
harsh I'll be working on your team next. Anyone else wondering what the status of their team is, here is the current queue the team is working off of:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)