Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Im feeling at the moment that an Alola Kalos switch ala GSC is a very possible chance. The shift away from gyms and a lack of pokemon Z, plus the new Zygarde forms and the XYZ anime make me very suspicious. On top of that, Kalos was never completed and there were too many open ended areas for it to just be left forever.

PLEASE GF MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!
Please no switch between Alola / Kalos. I'd much rather explore one fully fleshed out region than two half ones.

Ace

ᴅ ᴇ ᴀ ᴅ
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No word of mega evolutions so far this gen and now we get these Alola forms along with these Z-moves.....

I really feel like they're ditching mega evolution

Ditching Megas is a bit far, although without any new ones in the trailer they may not actually add any. The villainous team better still be a thing though.

I misread the quote, my bad. What is this going to do to the metagame, buff already strong Pokemon like Keldeo to insane amount or will this give lesser tier threats a chance to shine? I mean, it does take an item slot. Maybe you can only use it once in a battle? Because otherwise it just sounds insane.

Karxrida

Eventide
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I misread the quote, my bad. What is this going to do to the metagame, buff already strong Pokemon like Keldeo to insane amount or will this give lesser tier threats a chance to shine? I mean, it does take an item slot. Maybe you can only use it once in a battle? Because otherwise it just sounds insane.
It can only be used once per battle.

I mean, every Pokémon can use it, so it's definitely not a buff to any lower-tier Pokémon. It's just a new asset for more powerful 'mon.

OMG The Alternate Forms, they took the Delta Pokémon idea from Pokémon Insurgence (ye, Ik about the crystal onix but the inspiration is clear in modern games). I WANT THIS in my team
Delta pokemon first came on the scene in the TCG, back in gen 3 (though they weren't as drastic a visual change as what we've got here.) So they didn't take it from a fan game.

Loving the alola forms, can't wait to see how they work out in practice. If I evolve a transferred exeggcute in Alola, will I get fattree or talltree? Do I use a fire stone on Vulpice? How will they interbreed? What oher quirky 'mons have been alola'd? Are they all Kanto 'mons? The mind boggles!

I've been studiously avoiding the Chinese leak but people blab and I've picked up some things. Especially from one arsehole on the Pokebeach forums who was *considerate* enough to have what I can only assume is the (very legit if weird looking) final evolution of Popplio as his avatar. But among those things that I've gathered is "something something gym leaders something", which the video suggests is true, and pretty out there, so... I guess the leak is true or mostly true, then? Can I get a statement from one of the mods on how the leak is supposed to be handled in this thread? I want to know whether I gotta olly-outie before things get too leaky for my tastes.

Given that all Pokemon have access to Z-moves I doubt it will have much of an impact... Although like anything some pokemon will probably benefit more than others depending on typing. I.e. The Water-type Z-move is Physical. Gyarados is estatic while keldeo sighs in the corner.

In other reactions: Alola Vulpix and Ninetails are amazing i want ten. Alola Exeggutor is wtf. And Detectives Gumshoos and Pikachu are on the case! Confirmation that Mudsdale is going to have decent stats? It is an evolutions, so it is confirmed to have some potential imo.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
I've been studiously avoiding the Chinese leak but people blab and I've picked up some things. Especially from one arsehole on the Pokebeach forums who was *considerate* enough to have what I can only assume is the (very legit if weird looking) final evolution of Popplio as his avatar. But among those things that I've gathered is "something something gym leaders something", which the video suggests is true, and pretty out there, so... I guess the leak is true or mostly true, then? Can I get a statement from one of the mods on how the leak is supposed to be handled in this thread? I want to know whether I gotta olly-outie before things get too leaky for my tastes.
If you mean those leaks where the final popplio evo is a mermaid, then yes, those were posted here weeks ago

It can only be used once per battle.
Then honestly I can't see it as seeing it anymore than a cool surprise factor stuff for singles. Most Pokemon really need their item. I can only see the bulky grounds really abuse this. They might have just balanced it out for single play, but for VGC it's definitely going to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)