Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Why offensive zapdos have evs in HP/spe over spa/spe, the latter spread can't have any notable KO, and the first one can take some notables threats that the second can't?
Sometimes the bulk is just that much more valuable, really the best thing about Max HP / Max Spe is to take advantage of the speed tier which is actually impressive for a usually defensive mon while still remaining relatively defensive. You can definitely run SpA investment for certain KOes though

how come chari-x is so much lower on the viability ranking.

also how likely is mega meta to be banned to ubers and why is it being suspect tested

Mega Metagross is already banned to the Ubers tier.

Charizard-X is a nice DD sweeper, but has definitely its flaws: Before mega-evolving, it is 4x weak to Stealth Rock, so that it loses 50% of its health on the switch-in, and after mega-evolving it is still 2x weak to rocks. The recoil of Flare Blitz quickly wears it down, and if it chooses to run Roost over Earthquake, it is walled by Heatran, Tapu Fini and others. Also, it is actually very easy to revenge with Scarfchomp, if it only gets one boost.

I don't know if this is the best place to ask but
What HP do you guys recommend for Mega Houndoom?
There are a lot of options(grass water ice steel) and I don't know which one is the most suitable. I know theoretically it should be according to what difficulties my team faces but I don't have a team built and want to know some general opinions.

I don't know if this is the best place to ask but
What HP do you guys recommend for Mega Houndoom?
There are a lot of options(grass water ice steel) and I don't know which one is the most suitable. I know theoretically it should be according to what difficulties my team faces but I don't have a team built and want to know some general opinions.
I'd probably only consider using HP Ice for stuff like Zygarde and Garchomp or HP Grass for Water types like Keldeo, but the other options you mentioned all seem pretty mediocre , so I wouldn't recommend those.

What can beat Scolipede/Espeon Baton Pass teams?

Haze Toxapecks and Prankster Taunt Thundurus are the ones that I know of which are also quite useful in other matchups.

Are there any pokes that 6-0 this team?

Roar/Whirlwind don't work because of Espeon's Magic Bounce. Whimsicott Encore won't work because Scolipede can just Megahorn. Celebi Perish song isn't an option either because of Megahorn.

Do I seriously have to resort to using Perish Song Marowak-A/Politoed/Mismagius?

I want something solid that wrecks this team, like Togekiss vs Stall.

What can beat Scolipede/Espeon Baton Pass teams?

Haze Toxapecks and Prankster Taunt Thundurus are the ones that I know of which are also quite useful in other matchups.

Are there any pokes that 6-0 this team?

Roar/Whirlwind don't work because of Espeon's Magic Bounce. Whimsicott Encore won't work because Scolipede can just Megahorn. Celebi Perish song isn't an option either because of Megahorn.

Do I seriously have to resort to using Perish Song Marowak-A/Politoed/Mismagius?

I want something solid that wrecks this team, like Togekiss vs Stall.
Mega Heracross with Rock Blast kills scoli through its subs so if you lead it they won't be able to baton pass anything and the team becomes super easy to beat

Mega Heracross with Rock Blast kills scoli through its subs so if you lead it they won't be able to baton pass anything and the team becomes super easy to beat
Yeah good idea, the only problem is Mawile-M will come in with Intimidate and then you have to take a hit from Mawile.

Is there no poke which can 6-0 this team like Togekiss to stall?

Yeah good idea, the only problem is Mawile-M will come in with Intimidate and then you have to take a hit from Mawile.

With the team you're talking about, whether or not you 6-0 doesn't really matter. As long as you defeat Scolipede before it Baton Passes you should be good. Mega Heracross is good at doing so.

ehh not that I really know of because all of the sweepers can be different. The main priority should be stopping scolipede and probably the best most consistent way of doing this is taunt thundy as you mentioned. another cool option is z fly lando since you can do 75% to the scolipede through its protect and pick up a surprise ko after it has subbed a couple times

With the team you're talking about, whether or not you 6-0 doesn't really matter. As long as you defeat Scolipede before it Baton Passes you should be good. Mega Heracross is good at doing so.
True, but any competent player isn't going to stay in with Scolipede against Mega Heracross. He'll switch to Mawile or something else and it becomes a prediction/attrition war. It's not really a counter to these teams, but it helps.

This is probably somewhere in here already but is there a link to/ a discussion of the sticky web team frame? I'm interested in building around it for a team

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
True, but any competent player isn't going to stay in with Scolipede against Mega Heracross. He'll switch to Mawile or something else and it becomes a prediction/attrition war. It's not really a counter to these teams, but it helps.
The standard bp doesn't run Mawile so that isn't that big of an issue. I guess youre talking about the most recent bp rmt in which case you can just switch out vs Mawile as it Megas and te next time it wont take a CC without intimidate. If youre facing this team a lot I wouldnt really recommend to drastically change your team in order to beat it as it has some easily exploitable flaws that would let you beat it with a regular team

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
If I wanted to talk about how it would effect the metagame, would I do that in the metagame discussion thread? Or would I do it somewhere else, as it is unreleased?
There's no place to discuss it rn and there isn't really a need for one as it would just lead to a lot of theorymonning

It seems like Haze is the only option
The standard bp doesn't run Mawile so that isn't that big of an issue. I guess youre talking about the most recent bp rmt in which case you can just switch out vs Mawile as it Megas and te next time it wont take a CC without intimidate. If youre facing this team a lot I wouldnt really recommend to drastically change your team in order to beat it as it has some easily exploitable flaws that would let you beat it with a regular team
I'm not being facetious but exploitable flaws such as what?

Leo

after hours
MPL Champion
Why do some threads posted without mod autorization get deleted whereas others just get locked? I feel like the forum gets kinda flooded with these locked senseless threads and if it is possible to delete some of them why not just delete them all and keep it clean?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)