Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's Flame Orb (to get Quick Feet going), not Life Orb. But still...
+3 252 SpA Alakazam Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 630-742 (89.4 - 105.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

why so much crossing out?
Some of it was intentional, and some of it happened to to me forgetting to put [/S] at the end of stuff.

Anaconja unaware clefable exists, and it's reasonably good. However, it's perfectly legal to carry a smeargle with sunsteel strike or moongeist beam, and ignore fur coat, sturdy, and any other defensive ability.

by the way, here are some calcs:

shuckle max possible speed at level 100, full IVs, helpful nature, maxed EVs, etc etc: 119
deoxys-a max possible speed at level 100, helpful nature etc. etc: 438
shuckle max possible speed with all the aforementioned factors, plus sand stream plus sand rush, along with electric surge and surge surfer: 476

That's right. The slowest pokemon can outrun one of the fastest, most offensively-oriented pokemon in the game.

by the way here's a contrary team that can still beat unaware teams:

Smeargle:

-Sunsteel Strike
-Spore

Victini

-V-Create
-Stored Power

Seperior(contrary of course)

-Leaf Storm

Blissey

-Soft-Boiled

Bibarel(Simple)

-I don't know, maybe hidden power or something

Salamence(aerilate i guess)

-Draco meteor

That's probably a bad team idea, I don't know.

By the way, here's a nice synergy:

Poison Heal Breloom

-Spore

Shadow Tag Gothitelle

-Trick, Maybe?

Prankster Klefki

-Foul Play

Basically, you sleeptrap your opponent, get to setup as much as you want, etc. It could fit with just about any playstyle unless your opponent carries magic bounce.

Last edited:
Now if only I could figure out a stall team I put furcoat cause of the sacred sword and why are you even calcing +3 if its unaware?

252 SpA Alakazam Secret Sword vs. +3 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Blissey: 140-166 (19.6 - 23.2%) -- possible 5HKO
252 SpA Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Blissey: 117-138 (16.3 - 19.3%) -- possible 6HKO
252 SpA Alakazam Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Unaware Blissey: 208-246 (29.1 - 34.4%) -- 4.9% chance to 3HKO

The reason for the +3 in defense is because of marvel scale+furcoat also interestlying if you do unaware without mold breaker it just add it to the calc that's pretty funny but as you can tell the closest you are getting to a ko is a focus blast unless you put it to sleep

Stall Idea
(I know its not very creative with the items)
Blissey @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
-Soft-Boiled

Clefable @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Fake Out

Furfrou @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Facade
- Sucker Punch
- Dig

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Milotic @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Wrap

Furcoat is to make things physically bulky marvel scale does the same thing because of toxic orb passive healing is nice you bounce back anything mold breaker is banned so unless your opponent has a weird move you should be fine. Nature Cure is if you screw up and you get a status outside of poison Unaware is a given and before you mega evolve your sableye you have prankster if you really want it don't see why though.

Edit: Forgot to mention and no body asked sadly but team would be you have the ability of the pokemon premega until it mega evolves then the team would have the megas ability.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hypnosis
- Hail

Beartic @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Blizzard
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Earth Power

Magearna @ Life Orb
Ability: Soul Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Fleur Cannon

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock

Just picture a Shift Gear Sheer Force Life Orb Kyurem-B at 4x Speed with a +1 Attack boost with Icicle Crash and under dual screens. Ouch! Or maybe Quiver Dance Magearna with Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Aura Sphere and Fleur Cannon and double Speed along with dual screens. Yeah, scary team :O

That's scary XD I love how hail is finally getting the love it deserves rather then being a part of a pokemon it was implemented into a true hail team I love it

Hi guys, I just thought of a new OM. It's basically an OM where every Pokemon can learn any move that another Pokemon it shares a type with on the team can learn. For example, Mega-Glalie would be able to learn Fake Out if there was a Weavile on it's team because Weavile and Glalie share a type and Weavile can learn Fake Out. The rules are Standard OU rules. The name could TypePower or something like that (feel free to suggest any names).
Potential suspects/quick banns will be made as the OM progresses but for now just Smeargle and Mew are banned. Please tell me what you think of this and what you suggest could improve the OM.

I have a suggestion for an OM. Basically any Pokemon can switch it's typing at the beginning of every turn and it uses that typing until the turn ends (it can change to a single, double or triple typing.) Example 1: if there is a Gengar against a Chandelure, Chandelure would probably want to be a Normal/Steel type, thus being immune to both of Gengar's STAB typings. Gengar could predict this and use Focus Blast to hit Chandelure for 4x Supereffectivness. But, Chandelure could outpredict that and change to Normal/Steel/Ghost type, and be immune to Focus Blast. Similarly Gengar could become a typing like Normal/Fire/Water to 4x resist Fire and be immune to Ghost. Chandelure could then predict that and use some move to hit Gengar supereffectively etc.

Bans: Soak, Trick-or-Treat, Forest's Curse and Reflect type
For switch ins, you would be able to choose the typing before you switch in.
Your opponent will always be able to see what typing you have. But this isn't problematic because you would choose the typing before the turn starts meaning they still don't have any idea what typing you will turn into.
I'd say this metagame could be Uber based. And the best thing is that it opens up a whole new world of type matchups and mind-games.
The name for this OM could be Typemons.
If you have any suggestions, please inform me on this page or PM me on Pokemon Showdown (my username is Insane Mangoes).

I have a suggestion for an OM. Basically any Pokemon can switch it's typing at the beginning of every turn and it uses that typing until the turn ends (it can change to a single, double or triple typing.) Example 1: if there is a Gengar against a Chandelure, Chandelure would probably want to be a Normal/Steel type, thus being immune to both of Gengar's STAB typings. Gengar could predict this and use Focus Blast to hit Chandelure for 4x Supereffectivness. But, Chandelure could outpredict that and change to Normal/Steel/Ghost type, and be immune to Focus Blast. Similarly Gengar could become a typing like Normal/Fire/Water to 4x resist Fire and be immune to Ghost. Chandelure could then predict that and use some move to hit Gengar supereffectively etc.

Bans: Soak, Trick-or-Treat, Forest's Curse and Reflect type
For switch ins, you would be able to choose the typing before you switch in.
Your opponent will always be able to see what typing you have. But this isn't problematic because you would choose the typing before the turn starts meaning they still don't have any idea what typing you will turn into.
I'd say this metagame could be Uber based. And the best thing is that it opens up a whole new world of type matchups and mind-games.
The name for this OM could be Typemons.
If you have any suggestions, please inform me on this page or PM me on Pokemon Showdown (my username is Insane Mangoes).
First, how the heck would one change type?
Second, why Uber based?
Third, that name is already taken.

Ok, this is the first time i purpose an OM, so if you feel that your eyes are burning is because ma idea sucks:
LOWRANKMons (insert non-shitty name here)
Metagame premise: Improve the viability of Bl or low rank pokemon (between C+ and Unranked/D rank) at their own tiers. Some examples are Arcanaine at UU, Donphan at RU, Xurkitree at OU (this poor shit isn't even ranked lel) or Deoxys-Defense at Ubers.
Potential bans and threats: Uhhhh... Well, it isn't allowed to buff pokemon that are trash at one tier but godlike at its own tier (Aerodactyl-Mega as an example).
Questions for the community:
-Isn't this too similar to other Pet Mods as Movin' Up or Optimons?
-Is making pokemon viable at their own tiers a bit unnecesary?

Last edited:
Another idea.

Overview: Remember that one Cooltrainer in Johto on the way to the Victory Road? She said something like: "I'm not in favor of using overly powerful moves. I want to win, but I don't want to hurt Pokemon". I don't think this has been suggested yet, but that makes an interesting idea for a metagame IMO.

Premise: Moves with base power above 60 not allowed in the meta. Moves like Thundershock, Ember, Water Gun, Powder Snow etc. are in the foreground.

Opinions?

Another idea.

Overview: Remember that one Cooltrainer in Johto on the way to the Victory Road? She said something like: "I'm not in favor of using overly powerful moves. I want to win, but I don't want to hurt Pokemon". I don't think this has been suggested yet, but that makes an interesting idea for a metagame IMO.

Premise: Moves with base power above 60 not allowed in the meta. Moves like Thundershock, Ember, Water Gun, Powder Snow etc. are in the foreground.

Opinions?
This is not allowed: (not explicitly mentioned here, but very similar)
  • Hate good moves: Only level up moves allowed/TMs disallowed/only unviable(or "Usually useless moves" from PS builder) moves allowed.

the om where you can learn other moves was my idea XD

Hi guys, I just thought of a new OM. It's basically an OM where every Pokemon can learn any move that another Pokemon it shares a type with on the team can learn. For example, Mega-Glalie would be able to learn Fake Out if there was a Weavile on it's team because Weavile and Glalie share a type and Weavile can learn Fake Out. The rules are Standard OU rules. The name could TypePower or something like that (feel free to suggest any names).
Potential suspects/quick banns will be made as the OM progresses but for now just Smeargle and Mew are banned. Please tell me what you think of this and what you suggest could improve the OM.
This could work well except it would become monotype basically also a lot of water smashers

Last edited by a moderator:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
sounds broke but i like broke

Some sample sets:
Kartana @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shift Gear
- Power Whip
- Sleep Powder

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Synthesis
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Chlorophyll
Sassy Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Tri Attack
- Nasty Plot

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Tri Attack
- Hurricane
- Zap Cannon / Blizzard / Focus Blast

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Transform
- Heal Bell

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Transform

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Icicle Crash
- Fusion Bolt
- Swords Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Fusion Bolt
- Swords Dance

Golem-Alola @ Zap Plate
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Raichu-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
(water shell smash where)

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- Superpower
- U-turn

Malamar @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Happy Hour

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock

This is one of the cooler sounding OM's in this thread I think. Curious as to how things like Eeveelutions would work, would they be able to learn any normal type moves as well? Or only the type that the eeveelution actually is? Likewise, cold Maro-A learn any ground type moves since it evolves from standard Cubone?

If it's the former, Quiver Dance + Boomburst Sylveon would be something to try out.

Also here's some shit

Kyurem-Black @ White Herb/Focus Sash
- Shell Smash
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam/Flamethrower/Ice Shard/Rapid Spin

Alomomola @ Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- U-Turn

Trying to use Komala in OU, it showed me how cool Wish + slow u-turn was, unfortunately Komala's defensive presence is a bit low and it's wish passes aren't high. Enter Alomomola, but for it to get U-Turn we need

Greninja @ Expert Belt/Darkinium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Parting Shot

Parting shot is great for keeping the team healthy and allowing Alomomola to have as many opportunities to set up wishpassing as possible, but then, for Greninja to get that we need

Persian-Alola @ Leftovers/Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Foul Play
- Toxic/Toxic Spikes
- Taunt

Standard persian set but it's what it does best, now with Toxic Spikes

Weavile @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Parting Shot
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake/Knock Off
- Gunk Shot

Weavile is a debatable choice on this team, but speedy parting shot users are undoubtedly useful, hence the potential choice scarf. Gunk Shot is for fairies and Earthquake nukes steels if you choose Mamoswine on your team. At this point, the team has a noticeable weakness to fighting, electric and grass, which is where our next mon comes in

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 156 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power Fire/Spore

Venusaur covers all of the teams major weaknesses and increases longevity due to absorbing toxic spikes, with the added benefit of Special Bulk that covers Alomomola's primary weakness and only two true weaknesses in Psychic, rendered moot by the teams plethora of dark types, and flying, which can be dealt with fairly easily by Weavile.

---

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Mamoswine adds little to the team itself, but allows Weavile to have access to earthquake without piling on another dark type, and Stealth Rocks.

(or)

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire/Foul Play
- Clear Smog

Amoonguss gives a little more to the team, adding to the resistances that Venusaur provides, as well as giving Venu access to spore, and giving the team a second regenerator pivot to follow up parting shot.

It's all theorymon but I really like the idea of building a team based off of big wish passes and parting shot. A mono normal team built like this with Silvally, Blissey/Chansey, Gon2/GonZ, MLop, Swellow and Audino or maybe a ghost type could potentially be neat.

Actually, another question would be if any type can theoretically inherit parting shot from Silvally because that would rule

Last edited:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hypnosis
- Hail

Beartic @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Kyurem-Black @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Blizzard
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Earth Power

Magearna @ Life Orb
Ability: Soul Heart
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Fleur Cannon

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock

Just picture a Shift Gear Sheer Force Life Orb Kyurem-B at 4x Speed with a +1 Attack boost with Icicle Crash and under dual screens. Ouch! Or maybe Quiver Dance Magearna with Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Blizzard, Aura Sphere and Fleur Cannon and double Speed along with dual screens. Yeah, scary team :O
I'm presuming teravolt is banned due to being a moldbreaker synonym.

Anyway, here's a rain team

BEST MEME EVER(Politoed)
Ability:Drizzle

KYOGRE(Magikarp)
Ability:Swift Swim

ugly doll(Brionne)
Ability:Liquid Voice

2x damage ftw(Araquanid)
Ability:Water Bubble

Swellow(Swellow)
Ability:Guts
-Boomburst(becomes water type)

(and then something with tinted lens, but i don't know what has it.)

This team could probably be better, but sweeping with these hilariously awful pokemon is just such a fun concept.

Last edited:
While I don't really like the ban, it would prevent teams from using things like unaware, fur coat, sturdy, etc., which would defeat much of the metagame's premise and make stall difficult. Now you have to use an entire teamslot for a sunsteel strike/moongeist beam smeargle, when you could have just normally carried a dragon dancing mega gyarados or something of the sort.

Exactly was my idea I want it to be as balanced as can be how ever stall still has a hard time being creative though certain teams that work do their job very very well.

Also Psykickmedicham I love that om idea I was fiddling with the idea before problem with it is hyper offensive would rule(unless you want something registeel,alomala,other bulky mons) make a rule that only one mon can learn a move from a pokemon and that mon that had the move originally could not use the move other wise things would look like this.

Pinser-mega
-espeed
-belly drum
Diggersbee
-espeed
-belly drum
arcaine
-espeed
-belly drum
snorlax
-espeed
-belly drum
ursaring
-espeed
-belly drum

or the much more annoying partingshot+regenator teams or the lighting rod electrify pokemon

Exactly was my idea I want it to be as balanced as can be how ever stall still has a hard time being creative though certain teams that work do their job very very well.

Also Psykickmedicham I love that om idea I was fiddling with the idea before problem with it is hyper offensive would rule(unless you want something registeel,alomala,other bulky mons) make a rule that only one mon can learn a move from a pokemon and that mon that had the move originally could not use the move other wise things would look like this.

Pinser-mega
-espeed
-belly drum
Diggersbee
-espeed
-belly drum
arcaine
-espeed
-belly drum
snorlax
-espeed
-belly drum
ursaring
-espeed
-belly drum

or the much more annoying partingshot+regenator teams or the lighting rod electrify pokemon
You still haven't explained why there's no ban on sunsteel/moongeist. They ignore unaware, allowing you to defeat stall teams more easily.

Nature Link
Metagame Premise

Pokémon may share their stats with their teammates depending on their natures. Each is slot is assigned a stat and natures decide which Pokémon the stat will be given to; Additionally, Natures lose their original function and don't apply buffs / nerfs to stats. Here's a list explaining better what each nature does:

Lonely / Bold gives stat to Pokemon in slots #1 & #2
Adamant / Modest gives stat to Pokemon in slots #1 & #3
Naughty / Calm gives stat to Pokemon in slots #1 & #4
Brave / Timid gives stat to Pokemon in slots #1 & #5
Impish / Mild gives stat to Pokemon in slots #2 & #3
Lax / Gentle gives stat to Pokemon in slots #2 & #4
Relaxed / Hasty gives stat to Pokemon in slots #2 & #5
Rash / Careful gives stat to Pokemon in slots #3 & #4
Quiet / Jolly gives stat to Pokemon in slots #3 & #5
Sassy / Naive gives stat to Pokemon in slots #4 & #5
*When I talk about slots in this context I'm obviously ingorning the Pokémon recieving the Nature as occupying a slot, that explains only 5 of them*

Let's take a look at an example:
HP | Atk | Def | SpA | SpD | Spe

Say Tapu Lele is Naive, that means it will give its Special Attack stat to both Tapu Koko and whatever Pokémon is on slot #5, If Tapu Koko is, for example Rash, that means it will give its Speed stat to both Tapu Lele and whatever Pokémon is on slot #5.

Here's another example

Say Mega Heracross is Hasty, that means it would give its Attack stat to both Greninja and whatever Pokémon is on slot #3, If Greninja is, for example, Lonely, that means it will give its Speed stat to both Mega Heracross and whatever Pokémon is on slot #3.

Now, you may be wondering about neutral natures, in most metagames they don't see much use, but here they are vital natures, they only pass the stat to one teammate, but along with replacing the stat they also double the increase, so if a base 90 HP, became base 120 HP by the other natures, using any of these natures would actually turn the HP into base 150, since it is 120 + (120 - 90). Here's a list explaining what each of them does:

Hardy gives stat to Pokemon in slot #1
Docile gives stat to Pokemon in slot #2
Bashful gives stat to Pokemon in slot #3
Quirky gives stat to Pokemon in slot #4
Serious gives stat to Pokemon in slot #5
*When I talk about slots in this context I'm obviously ingorning the Pokémon recieving the Nature as occupying a slot, that explains only 5 of them*

So for example:

In this case, If Alomomola is Serious, Mega Latias' HP stat will be 165 + (165 - 80) = 250.

Another example:

A Serious Kyurem-B provides Hawlucha an Attack stat of 248 (2x170 - 92) while Docile Hawlucha gives Kyurem-B a scary Speed Tier of base 141.

Potential Bans and Threats

Huge Power & Pure Power
This should be quickbanned, I don't think testing is necessary to know that base 255 Attack, base 120 Speed Azumarill is broken. Same applies to all Huge Power / Pure Power 'mons because they can just get boosts so easily and become devastatingly powerful.

Thick Club
While not as threatening as Huge Power and Pure Power because of the limitations of holding the item, Thick Club is also a very prominent item for this OM since it also makes both Marowaks deadly to switch into with just a slight Attack increase.

Mega Heracross
This thing is possibly banworthy, as it can give base 185 Attack to two teammates as well as be a huge threat of its own with some sort of Speed increase.

Alomomola
Alomomola is actually nearly a must to Stall, giving HP boosts to Pokemon like Toxapex, Clefable or Mega Sableye and still mantaining a fair amount of use to that kind of build specially if it recieves Defense or Special Defense boosts.

Araquanid
This little Water Spider is actually a big threat as well, a boost to Attack makes Liquidation extremely powerful, and it also has a great SpDef to share.

Mega Alakazam
While it doesn't really standout that much in OU, Mega Alakazam can actually provide a great Speed stat or a great Special Attack stat which are both very valuable in this tier.

Questions for the Community
* Is this a little too similar to Godly Gift? It kind of shares the same idea of sharing stats but I think both would work a lot differently.
* Better name ideas? Please tell me! Nature Link is cool and all but it isn't really all that creative.
* Megas and other forme changes currently work by not changing any stats they're inheriting and changing what stats they give only when they Mega Evolve / change forme. Is this method good enough?
* Is this way too complex? I mean, Chimera 1v1 and Godly Gift provide some very complex teambuilding as well so I think it isn't that complex in comparison to those but what do you think?
* Should Natures retain their effect of +10% or -10%, because currently Brave or Timid Nature are exactly the same.​

What happens if you put Shedinja in slot 1? Does it give its hardcoded 1 HP to other slots (which you'll probably put something with Sturdy in), or does it use the standard stat formula with a base stat of 1 (so somewhere between 112 and 206 HP)?

If you use a neutral nature and it ends up being a decrease for the Pokemon you're giving it to, is the magnitude of the decrease also doubled, and is the lower bound for an excess decrease at 0 or 1?

If you Transform into the opponent, do any teammates whose natures are pointed at your slot still override those (non-HP) stats, or do you take stats based on which opponents are pointed at the thing they had out when you transformed? (Also, reminder that Imposter Blissey can basically be implemented for free here.)

I feel that Mix and Mega has gotten a bit stale because the threats are common. Glalitite Weavile, Aerodactylite/Metagrossite Mimikyu, Pidgeotite Thundy-Therian etc. are too commonplace in the meta. Let's shake up the meta by introducing this concept.

I was wondering if we can create more monsters than the ones we already have on MnM. Since we can't add more mega stones, we modify it such that if the pokemon is shiny, the stat boosts are switched from physical to special. The typing and ability are maintained. Allow me to give an example:

Aggronite on a normal pokemon gives +30Atk/+50Def/+20 SpDef
Aggronite on a shiny pokemon gives +20 Def/+30 SpAtk/+50 SpDef

So we can hypothetically make this:

Buzzwole-Shiny@Aggronite would hypothetically have stats of: 107/139/159/83/103/79

You can run a specially defense bulk up set that will shit on virtually every non-fire type in this meta.

Now evidently there are some things that need to be insta-banned, like Beedrillite because who wants to create a special sweeper like Latios-Shiny@Beedrillite. Physical Pidgeotite is also a beauty (Dynamic Punch anyone??)

So what is everyone's thoughts on my extension to Mix and Mega?

Had an idea, figured I was gonna lose it, and thus this post exists.

Anyways, I don't know of this is too similar to Nature Swap, but read on and see for yourself.

Nature Swap TO THE MAX

Works like Nature swap, except the -'d stat will now equal 5, and any remaining stats from that are transferred to the +'d stat. For example, if we have a Jolly Victini, it's stats will not be 100/100/100/5/100/195. We got this because the -'d stat is Special Attack, meaning we take away from that until it's 5, then add the 95 we got from that to the +d stat, speed. A stat cannot go above 255 and if it would it will just be 255.

Bans + Threats:
Any Pokémon with good attack & special attack, as you can just destroy one to make the other busted.
Idk, I haven't thought about this a ton xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)