SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
part of me was hoping that the only new thing revealed in the trailer would be the bird. it would be poetic in a way, i think
I personally think its hilarious that the trailer gave us only codenames for the new mons without giving any confirmed new names. This, combined with the fact leakers are laying low for the while, means that the fucking Ungaboonguss list leak remains unconfirmed and I think that is really funny

So... About the codenames...
Are they the "titan" boss fight names, like Klawf the "Stony Cliff".
Or are they the paradoxes names, since i remember Khu saying they all have weird names for pokemon.
We know the Japanese titan boss names from Kaka and the Donphans are "Earth Shaking".

It is probably likely that these are the paradox names based on the Japanese names following the same pattern as hinted at.

The Donphan forms are so incredibly on the nose, I don’t know why I assumed the MO for these would be something idk more than just past = caveman form and future = robot form.
Donphan is the only Pokémon with both a Past and Future form, they were obviously going to do something pretty obvious for it.

We know the Japanese titan boss names from Kaka and the Donphans are "Earth Shaking".

It is probably likely that these are the paradox names based on the Japanese names following the same pattern as hinted at.
Those are the titles for the Titans, they're not in any way names.

We've known this literally as long as we've officially known Titans existed.

Donphan is the only Pokémon with both a Past and Future form, they were obviously going to do something pretty obvious for it.
i mean, even just looking at koraidon and miraidon makes it seems like it's a safe bet to assume that the paradox forms will follow the same format of caveman and robots. i think khu also alluded once that all of the future mons will look robotic despite not actually being steel type

Those are the titles for the Titans, they're not in any way names.

We've known this literally as long as we've officially known Titans existed.
I was answering the person asking if they were the titan boss fight names.

Dirt/Earth Shaking = Titan Title, like a zelda boss epitaph
"Great Tusk"/"Iron Tread" = Descriptive title because the explorers don't know their actual names. Think of this like the UB code names
their actual names = their actual names, everyone's favorite tautology, that we don't know yet.
Technically they may not even have actual names because they didn't actually exist, and so their given name may as well end up being the name we officially call them by like Silvally.

I was answering the person asking if they were the titan boss fight names.

Technically they may not even have actual names because they didn't actually exist, and so their given name may as well end up being the name we officially call them by like Silvally.
That's still kind of in the same vein as the Ultra Beasts. interpol just had them as code names and you ran into them as ???, only named after the fact. Though I don't think anything from dex entries to dialog actually acknowledged them getting proper names?

USUM kind of silently pushed aside that aspect iirc, though I think the anime kept it going a little

on the topic of Paradox mons, while we know of some things that will likely be in the DLC, I doubt we know of EVERYTHING new it will include.

one thing I was wondering/a theory I had was, since Kommo-o and Metagross and the only 2 pseudo legendaries missing from the dex, and i'm assuming they'll be brought back for DLC, like how they did with SwSh and Crown Tundra. Metagross is easily the most futuristic pseudo and Kommo-o is (arguably) the most ancient-feeling one, so I wonder if they'll make Paradoxes of them, with Future Kommo-o and Ancient Metagross. Probably version exclusives as well, like Ttar and Salamence.

again, this is all just (mostly) baseless wondering

I feel bad for any theorists ignoring leaks and crafting a theory that ties every instance of time travel and dimension hopping in the franchise, linking it to the legendaries and the Donphan teases, only for the story and third legendary to go...
I love that before Great Tusk's reveal, the best anyone could interpret it as is a Donphan with martial arts style armor and bands
1667922441401.png

Only for its actual appearance to be a prehistoric monster with a kill count
1667922509142.png

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Makes a lot of sense to tease us both of Donphan Paradox “forms” before the other Paradox Beasts, since Donphan is inspired of a wheel. Iron Tusk’s face do look goofy for something supposed to be fierce, though.

I can’t really bother to call the Paradox Beasts as forms as-is, since it’s essentially “Legendary-level Convergence Mons” with similar looking Pokémon but are truly distinct, right down to different Pokédex number. It also makes up for just two standard convergence lines as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)