SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Do we think quark drive and protosynthesis will work with regular old electric terrain and drought respectively? If so, thats big for the viability of paradox mons below ubers since Torkoal and Pinchurchin have been confirmed to be returning. Pinchurchin is no Tapu Koko but at least its an enabler, provided that electric surge triggers quark drive and its not just hadron engine.
Yes. Somewhere in this thread is a screenshot of Past Volcarona activating with the text that says "Harsh Sunlight activated its Protosynthesis". There's also the new Booster Energy Held Item that activates Quark Drive or Protosynthesis so Future Paradox mons aren't stuck with Pincurchin. The question is can it be Knocked Off

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Yes. Somewhere in this thread is a screenshot of Past Volcarona activating with the text that says "Harsh Sunlight activated its Protosynthesis". There's also the new Booster Energy Held Item that activates Quark Drive or Protosynthesis so Future Paradox mons aren't stuck with Pincurchin. The question is can it be Knocked Off
Booster Energy doesn't auto-proc Protosynthesis / Quark Drive, it allows something without those abilities to be boosted in the same fashion in sun or electric terrain.

Unfortunately.

but doesnt that screenshot also have it facing off against a koraidon? I agree that its likely that drought works with protosynthesis but that screenshot doesnt necessarily prove anything

Booster Energy doesn't auto-proc Protosynthesis / Quark Drive, it allows something without those abilities to be boosted in the same fashion in sun or electric terrain.

Unfortunately.
but doesnt that screenshot also have it facing off against a koraidon? I agree that its likely that drought works with protosynthesis but that screenshot doesnt necessarily prove anything
1668088223864.png

The description literally states by Harsh Sunlight and also that Booster Energy procs it. If only Orichalcum Pulse activated it then why does it say Harsh Sunlight on both here and during battle.

Booster Energy working on anything is so busted you literally give everyone access to Choice without the Choice lock

More important than being 105 BP is effectively ignoring intimidate and enemy def buffs
True, but isn't that mostly just Lando in practice (and maybe one or two of the new dark legends)? It's a nice feature, but I don't think it's going to push Meowscarada over the edge if it's not also broken with, say, Power Whip.
Assuming Critical Hit chance is the same and Leaf Blade has the same crit chance.
(1/8)*135 + (7/8)*90 = 16.875 + 78.75 = 95.625
Meowscada’s signature move is way stronger factoring in move alone.
I meant overall power, not just BP. Leaf Blade has more BP, but Kartana has 70 more base attack. After doing the calc, it looks like it's significantly weaker:

252 Atk Meowscarada Grassy Glide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew on a critical hit: 153-181 (44.8 - 53%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 189-223 (55.4 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Again, Meowscarada is going to be strong, and Protean could very easily push it over the edge if it gets halfway decent coverage, but it's going to take more than Flower Trick to break it.

View attachment 464081
View attachment 464082
We're entering ROM hack territory.
View attachment 464083
Gallade might also get access to Aqua Cutter. This is a 20pp move that's not very effective against Sunflora, meaning it can't be Life Dew.
I am not going to sugarcoat my reaction to this so I'm just going to sum it up by quoting our wonderful DHR-107

"Gladio is having a stroke over a Gallade buff"

And yes, I am. It's amazing.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Looks like an ability that came from a pet mod.
that's because it is lmao

1668088275849.png

The same mod also created Heavy Duty Boots before Gen 8. The amount of Pet Mod content that accidentally predicts the future is weirdly big and its really funny that this is a recurring thing lol

(We also had a Rock/Electric Tyranitar last gen...)

The ability was litteraly: Has highest stat buffed when Sun is active, OR when holding Booster Energy.

We need to se the item description. If, on top of that, Booster Energy also boosts further the stat received from Protosynthesis and Quark Drive, this would be... Broken.

I think Flower Trick is going to be really good, but keep in mind that it's still just a 105 BP Grass move. Is it strong? Definitely--but Grass isn't the best offensive type, and 105 BP isn't too unusual as far as base power goes. I haven't calced it, but Kartana probably hits harder with Leaf Blade.

Of course, if it gets decent coverage and SD, Protean will probably break it anyway.
I'm aware it is possibly a knee-jerk reaction, I just gag at the favoritism on display, lol.

At least the other two aren't bad:

Skeledirge looks like it'll be make or break on its moves. It's high physical defenses with assumably a Fiery Dance with guarantees on boosts are more notable than imagined and actually could make up for a sub-par defensive typing (for an idea, you'd need +Atk [w/ Atk up item] Tyranitar levels of power to threaten OHKO at full health, max investment). I honestly think this will run Bold moreso than Modest as a result, imo, but its moveset will be the deciding factor. Unaware is scary with the physical bulk aspect in mind.

Quaquaval, on the other hand, might've sold me on its signature move. 80 BP "Flame Charge" for base 85 is a lifesaver, and combined with the eventual Moxie, might make this thing a momentum-swinger. Will need more move date, but this single change might make me switch from croc to duck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 20)