Sports Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread

I think the bad man returning definitely played a part in how bad Raw was. It had pretty much every textbook sign of Vince's fingerprints on it. I don't watch WWE anymore myself (complete NJPW mark here), only really keeping an eye on results and news out of curiosity, but I still find it quite unfortunate how they were gaining so much momentum for months and it's been stopped dead within 48 hours.

Way better Raw last night with Vince not being there to run the show personally (though I guess he still reviews the scripts virtually and makes a few changes). 3 great matches, a great Cody promo, a title change with a Trish heel turn, and more angle advancement. If it continues to be like this with only minimal Vince involvement, I think WWE will be okay.

Though they are back to calling hospitals "local medical facilities" which is so stupid but a minor nitpick I guess.

Hopefully it stays that way and Vince showing up was only for the special occasion of being the Raw after Wrestlemania. Even as a non-watcher who only views clips here and there, you can really feel the difference in the flow of the shows when Vince isn't involved, and it really does seem to be a lot more cohesive and enjoyable when he's not around.

Speaking of special occasions, I wonder how AEW is going to do in Wembley. That's a gigantic place for their first event in the UK. They most definitely won't fill it completely, but I'd say anything around 30,000-40,000 would be a success. It's going to be interesting to see what kind of crazy card they end up with and what kind of crossover matches they do with other promotions.

Hello folks it's Incog here and as I stated in my dontaku predictions post there may be some reviews in the future on the way but fear not! As here today I'm doing a review for a PPV like bergs. This time around it's New Year's Revolution 2006(I'll most likely be reviewing 2006 PPVs first) where we have an Elimination Chamber main event. I'm gonna post my review & thoughts upon each match as well as ratings.

View attachment 114535

Edge w/ Lita vs Ric Flair (c) WWE Intercontinental Championship - ***¼
This match was quite a fun opening match surprisingly as the crowd were quite hot to open the show. We had the typical Flair chop spots and also Edge working very well as a fantastic heel even Lita played off her heel heat well and it felt good when Flair locked in the Figure Four on her feeling like some comeuppance for Flair. The finish was quite good with Edge using the briefcase to pretty much kill Flair and Flair sold it well.

Mickie James vs Trish Stratus (c) WWE Women's Championship - **¾
This match was actually quite fun to watch as these two had good chemistry and produced a watchable match even though the story wasn't exactly the best story in the world. They had some good spots one of which was James hitting Stratusfaction and soaking up the reaction so Trish kicked out which was good. Fun match.

Gregory Helms vs Jerry "The King" Lawler - *
This was the worst match on the show at this point. Jerry Lawler doesn't exactly interest me in the ring with how old he is and Gregory Helms didn't exactly entertain me either. The story going in was Jerry insulted Helms with his previous gimmick: The Hurricane and Helms took offense to it so wanted to settle things with Lawler leading to this match. I didn't enjoy this and it's not like I had high expectations anyway for this match so I was glad when it was over.

Big Show vs Triple H - ***½
Well colour me surprised here this was a great match and a really underrated one at that as well in my opinion. Big Show's selling in this match really got me on board and interested into this match especially with the story of his hand being broken from the Sledgehammer attack multiple weeks ago during the contract signing and Big Show killing a steel chair & announce monitor(which funnily enough caused the announce table to break as HHH was dodging the attacks) with his cast. HHH was wary to start the match due to the cast and it made for a fun dynamic when Show smashed his hand against the post. HHH's assault on that hand was very interesting and brutal and another notable spot was Show smashing the Sledgehammer in half and selling his broken hand. Really good match and match of the night up to this point.

Shelton Benjamin w/ Momma vs Viscera - ¼*
Dreadful match with the only purpose of it being to snap Shelton's recent losing streak and begin to push him again.

Ashley vs Candice Michelle vs Maria vs Torrie Wilson vs Victoria Gauntlet Bra & Panties Match - N/R
These type of matches I have no idea how to rate them and good god I looked away the minute Moolah & Mae Young came on the screen. Thankfully once they left, the match ended quite abruptly with Ashley winning and she stripped down afterwards too.

Carlito vs Chris Masters vs John Cena (c) vs Kane vs Kurt Angle vs Shawn Michaels Elimination Chamber WWE Championship - ***¾
This was a good chamber match but not in the league of the best Elimination Chamber matches. The alliance of Chris Masters & Carlito was a really good story going into the match up and was very well established in the match. Kurt, Shawn & Cena really carried the load here whilst Kane did his thing when he came out last and was booked very well. Overall a good chamber match but could've been better had I reckon Kurt been in there a bit longer(though for the time he had in there Kurt looked like a beast dominating the match.)
After this, Edge came out and cashed in his MITB contract which is a fantastic touch and really established him as the ultimate opportunist.

Overall the PPV wasn't too bad but wasn't too good either. More of an in the middle PPV. If there is anything you should watch, watch the Chamber & Big Show vs Triple H. I believe my next review will be Royal Rumble 2006 but who knows. That's all for this review folks and I'll see you next time.
Well took me long enough to come back on here but here I am.

Last edited:
Tomorrow (today for some of you already maybe) is Stardom's biggest show ever and probably the biggest Joshi show in almost 30 years - STARDOM Allstar Grand Queendom.

Here's a quick guide that gives background to each match that's happening.

This is a seriously stacked card with every match (barring maybe the Yokohama Rumble which should at least be entertaining) having the potential to be a banger. The match I'm most looking forward to is a toss-up between Giulia vs Tam Nakano and Maika vs Himeka (this being Himeka's "retirement" match is going to make it super sad and IDK if I'm emotionally prepared for it). I'm also super stoked to finally see Saori Anou in a Stardom ring again and she happens to be teaming with two of my favs in Natsupoi and KAIRI. Also, non-Joshi fans will notice that Mercedes Mone (fka Sasha Banks) is on this card and will be facing the Icon/Ace of Stardom, Mayu Iwatani, for the IWGP Women's Championship (a secondary top title in Stardom, as part of their relationship with New Japan Pro Wrestling).

I've used hyperbole quite a bit in this thread but this card really has all it needs to be an all-time classic show.

If you're interested in watching, the pre-show will start LIVE at 3pm JST/2am EDT/1am CDT/11pm PDT/7am BST on STARDOM's official YouTube channel.

Tomorrow (today for some of you already maybe) is Stardom's biggest show ever and probably the biggest Joshi show in almost 30 years - STARDOM Allstar Grand Queendom.

Here's a quick guide that gives background to each match that's happening.

This is a seriously stacked card with every match (barring maybe the Yokohama Rumble which should at least be entertaining) having the potential to be a banger. The match I'm most looking forward to is a toss-up between Giulia vs Tam Nakano and Maika vs Himeka (this being Himeka's "retirement" match is going to make it super sad and IDK if I'm emotionally prepared for it). I'm also super stoked to finally see Saori Anou in a Stardom ring again and she happens to be teaming with two of my favs in Natsupoi and KAIRI. Also, non-Joshi fans will notice that Mercedes Mone (fka Sasha Banks) is on this card and will be facing the Icon/Ace of Stardom, Mayu Iwatani, for the IWGP Women's Championship (a secondary top title in Stardom, as part of their relationship with New Japan Pro Wrestling).

I've used hyperbole quite a bit in this thread but this card really has all it needs to be an all-time classic show.

If you're interested in watching, the pre-show will start LIVE at 3pm JST/2am EDT/1am CDT/11pm PDT/7am BST on STARDOM's official YouTube channel.
Top of this card looks really stacked tbh. Might consider watching unspoiled if i get chance

TAM NAKANO IS THE NEW WORLD OF STARDOM CHAMPION!

On top of that, we crowned a new Wonder of Stardom Champion in Mina Shirakawa, a new IWGP Women's Champion in Mayu Iwatani, new Artists of Stardom Champions in REstart (Natsupoi, KAIRI, and Saori Anou), and new Goddesses of Stardom Champions in Ami Sohrei and MIRAI

STARDOM Allstar Grand Queendom lived up to the hype and then some. Easy choice for wrestling event of the show so far.

Last edited:

TheEaterOfBergs

Pro Wrestling is the Best in the World.
FuhcJ7vWwAEJYBc.jpg

WWE's got themselves a new World Heavyweight Championship since whatever brand Roman gets drafted too he'll be staying on that brand with the undisputed titles.

What are some of ya'lls thoughts on the new title and who do you think will be winning it at Night of Champions?

I honestly really like the new design. I get the corporate/marketing reasons for plastering the WWE logo on it and I think what we got is a nice compromise to get some semblance of the Big Gold Belt back.

Also, I'm so freakin glad to have a world title that won't be held hostage by our Part-Time Tribal Chief. As much as I'm enjoying his reign, it sucks not having the champ on TV (or even on some PLEs) for weeks/months on end.

Hard to predict who will win it just yet because we don't know who will end up on the same brand as Roman, but Seth Rollins seems to be a strong favorite and I'd quite like to see that.

Last edited:
Honestly I'm really glad to see another world title right now to save us from this Roman monopoly. Now admittedly I do think they could've also approached this with stripping Roman off of the WWE Title (with that being his shorter reign and the Universal one being the one thats on the verge of 1000 days) but this works too. Hopefully they'll make a good choice for the first champ such as Seth or someone else

Results of the first night of the WWE Draft:

Additional picks announced:

Raw: The Viking Raiders with Valhalla, Dexter Lumis, Candice LeRae, Natalya, the team of Sonya DeVille and Chelsea Green, Maximum Male Models with Maxxine Dupri, Zoey Stark, Apollo Crews, and JD McDonagh.

SD: Hit Row and Lacey Evans

Omos, Mustafa Ali, Dolph Ziggler, and Von Wagner from NXT go undrafted.

Thoughts so far?

Last edited:
Honestly so far the rosters are looking interesting. Cody on the opposite brand to Roman whilst I get it, im not a fan of it. The fact they're bringing up both Indi & Alba/Isla seems like an interesting choice and I wanna see how that shapes up. I'll have full thoughts after Monday

I personally think there was a missed opportunity to call up Ilja Dragunov especially with Gunther being on RAW but other than that, most of this draft should be fine. I'd probably be looking more forward to RAW myself considering Gunther is on there with the IC and then theres gonna be fresh blood in the main event scene with Roman not monopolising that brand.

I don't mind seeing Ilja stick around in NXT for a little longer. Let him come up later as more of a surprise to hunt Gunther. Just hoping those rumors of him being planned to join Imperium are wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)