NOC Popcorn Mafia 3 Game Thread

Nuxl when is the deadline

Also lowk I joined popcorn cause I thought it would be rapid fire shots and not like actual mafia gameplay but tea this is like fine I just wish the pace would pick up a bit, its not that serious

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
anyways my takes after catching up are that flyhn and tbz fell off a bit, ls got scummier, and celever got slightly better

questions/comments/concerns/anyone want to randomly start beef with me?

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
can someone sanity check me and read that flyhn post where he's like "clouds is scum for staying on zippy despite having the knowledge of AG mafia"

either he's unaware that i didn't vote zippy day 2 or he just pretended i'd know AG was mafia before day 1 ended, and either answer is pretty unsatisfying

Clouds

False Pretenses
you are hero shooting LMAO

regardless of who you shoot it's a hero shoot on that list
none of the skipper list is that much of a hero shot, wym

scorr isn't, you're not, some people scumread me so i'm not, cel isn't, and realiti is probably the closest thing to a hero shot and even he is kinda polarized

it's not the greatest list but it's not the worst either, and it's not what i'd call a hero list at all

Clouds

False Pretenses
if there's anyone escaping my line of sight here it's probably pulsar

i don't have the same feeling about the ag vote being clearing for her - when i was reading back to find a pulsar game on day 1 to reference, it reminded me that she & ag were a 2-person mafia team that one time when i helped eli out as a backup host in some game. i'd bet they're a little more comfortable being scum together after that, so i can easily see ag saying something like "just bus me for the long run" and then that being why pulsar switched over

they're middle of the road for me right now, but the townpoint reasons i've made mental notes of are unrelated to the ag vote entirely

Clouds

False Pretenses
i think i'm like here, this is off the top of my head and i may revise some of this but just to lay it down:

[jalmont]

[realiti, texas, oj]

[hydro]

[flyhn, pulsar]

[whydon]

[celever, tommy, tbz]

[scorr, ls]

highest towniest, lowest scummiest

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
im not gonna be replying anymore tonight but all im gonna say is that Flyhn is mafia to me, hasnt really made any reads or enemies and has just kinda flown under the radar really well which is a good mafia. other than that i still dislike celever i guess. scorr is still my vote because of how sus chad was.

Clouds

False Pretenses
im not gonna be replying anymore tonight but all im gonna say is that Flyhn is mafia to me, hasnt really made any reads or enemies and has just kinda flown under the radar really well which is a good mafia. other than that i still dislike celever i guess. scorr is still my vote because of how sus chad was.
yeah this is a fair take & partly why i'm souring on flyhn, in addition to his recent posts being his worst yet fmpov

skippergamez i think if i had one piece of advice (and i know you're a mafia player, so you probably know how this works) it's to look into slots that approach the game in a way that seems designed to not make enemies. part of the reason i'm townreading players like texas, oj, realiti is it feels like they don't gaf about coming under fire whereas players like flyhn & LS take a safer approach

i actually thought my interaction with hh was kinda towny earlier but then he unvoted me and then later posted a readslist with me bottom scum, felt like he tmied me a bit
meant to respond to this but forgor
i didn't unvote you, i was voting cel and im pretty sure i said in a later post that the convos with you/cel maybe me feel better about cel and still iffy on you
me having a civil conversation does not mean me townread

Clouds

False Pretenses
i've had two separate moments in the game where i started to have second thoughts about texas, but i feel like i always wind up circling back around to him being town when he starts posting again and it assuages those fears. his presence just feels so townie that it's hard for me to envision scum faking some of it, and his reads in particular seem like they mold to the situation instead of being narrated which is a pretty good sign. this wouldn't be the first time i misread texas if it ends up that he's mafia, though i'm not gonna shy away from the read just due to mild paranoia and i'd only look at texas scum if things went very south with the rest of my reads

realiti fell from top town with jalmont to on the same level as texas & oj just cause jalmont i'm > 99% sure is town now, whereas i don't feel the same level of strength in the realiti read so he basically got outpaced. also he's been a little bit extra trolly today, but i highly doubt as mafia he screams at skipper to not shoot him in all caps immediately after skipper got gun, lol. the 1 drawback is that it does show he's fairly aware of skipper's shot trajectory, i just think as mafia he's take a more methodical approach knowing how he plays as mafia, and in this case he literally just yells at skipper

oj is probably just a touch below texas and realiti, but still enough of a townread to keep at the same tier as these two. his confidence in me being town is maybe the only point of concern i really have, cause i didn't think he even read my champs game or at least not enough to make comparisons like this. that said, if he did truly read it then he'd definitely realize this is a carbon copy of how i play as town so i'm not gonna sit here and fault him for possibly just doing the right thing. the confidence just feels slightly unwarranted is all, and oj is not someone i'd ever shoot with gun here anyways

Clouds

False Pretenses
jalmont is just... bleeding town in my eyes, on top of subbing into a slot that looks very townie off of AG flipping mafia, and i'm curious what you see that's led you to scumread him ScorrchingTheaph. i know i'm partially influenced here by thinking he's spewed off of others and basically nobody scumreading him, but even without the tinted lens i think i'd still read jalmont's posts a few hundred times and see them as town every time

Clouds

False Pretenses
hydro is now up to third tier town for me, which is not where i expected to end up with them but alas. they're a solo tier and a bit of a drop down from texas/oj/realiti in my eyes, but also a good step up from flyhn/pulsar so it felt right to have them as a standalone. this one is a little harder to explain in contrast to the others, but it ties into what i said earlier about how i think some of their posting is like... too silly to come from mafia and simultaneously not awkward enough to be from uncomfortable scum

for example in #3131, where they just hit skipper with the "good for you" and now knowing that skipper is town and this isn't theater, this means it'd have to be scum hydro saying that to town skipper, and i don't know if hydro would be brave enough to post something like that to town as mafia. granted this is kinda based on what i know from them as an eimm player & not a mafia, so i don't know if it should hold as much water as i feel it does in this moment but it's still one of a handful of factors contributing to why hydro has risen for me

below hydro on my readslist is where things get murky

if i had gun today i'd rule out anyone hydro and up from a shot, and i'd consider anyone below that to varying degrees

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
i lied i also want to note that it seems like if chad is mafia then flyhn is mafia. more reason to do chad.

also i want the gun so i can go pew pew and then the good mafia players can sort out the last mafia

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)