Smogon Premier League XV - Semifinals [Tiebreaker @ Post 63]

Status
Not open for further replies.
rooting for my pals on the tyrants, expecting tigers to win the other series

also rooting for a tiebreak to occur whenever possible
ty for granting my request

tyrants - gl

ruiners - you should utilize this opportunity to make your (potential) tiebreak win more epic. if you win you can be like "lmfao we autolost dpp and still won tb its too fucking easy." when luigi got hacked and banned me during my smogon tour finals, i was grateful for the opportunity to establish a memorable, historic win. look not for the excuses, but the chance to establish greatness

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
ty for granting my request

tyrants - gl

ruiners - you should utilize this opportunity to make your (potential) tiebreak win more epic. if you win you can be like "lmfao we autolost dpp and still won tb its too fucking easy." when luigi got hacked and banned me during my smogon tour finals, i was grateful for the opportunity to establish a memorable, historic win. look not for the excuses, but the chance to establish greatness
1711324683391.png

Malekith

Daddy.
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
Without even talking about the fact that you are trying to give a loss to someone who got hacked and couldn't play a game (what is going to happen if this keeps happening?).

Why I'm not having my rematch if the game was literally declared a tie? I can't force ties, neither my opponent or the hacker, so if the game ended in a tie, we need to tie-break it.

Buhrito

is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
I’m confused, people actually believe that granting Malekith a hard loss for this is the correct decision? It's clear that Malekith had no motive to do this, and wasn't involved himself in any way. He's an established player who has taken all of the necessary steps to protect his account from stuff like this happening.

And to those who say that overturning this decision will set some outrageous precedent, can we stop to think for a second? Sometimes I feel like we are so enthralled in the prospect of future precedents that we fail to look at the problem directly in front of us - Malekith clearly had no motive to fake doing this, he's an established player who wanted to play a clean game, I'm sure everyone can agree on that. It's SPL Playoffs for God's sake - it's perfectly reasonable that we can just handle these fringe scenarios on a case by case basis, and the correct solution for a rematch here is evidently clear. The game was supposed to be a clean game but it was tampered with from an outside source, with no fault from either player.

Using past precedents is usually a good thing that helps to keep things running smoothly, but sometimes this can be a flawed and simple way of thinking when there are so many factors at hand.

Yes, I agree that there is no 100% fair solution for both players, but making Dridri play a rematch vs Malekith will always be more fair than handing Malekith a free loss because of a clear outside temperament.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)