PS! K-Pop Song Recommendations

The PS! K-Pop Room's

~ Song Recommendations Thread ~

kpopthreadbanner.png

Art by PokeArt2004♥, thread approved by nya and Teclis

안녕! Welcome to the K-Pop room's song recommendations thread! This thread is inspired by the wonderful thread that The Studio created, and is where K-pop fans can leave recommendations for songs that we love!

Every month, the K-pop auth will introduce a theme for that given month along with a thread post containing all of our picks. Then we open it up to the rest of the community to recommend songs for the theme as well, but anyone can recommend any song they like, whether it fits the theme or not!

When leaving your recommendations, please include the following:​
#1: Your PS! Username (or Smogon Username if you don't use Pokemon Showdown!)
#2: The artist and title of the song you're recommending in the format of: "Artist - Title"
#3: A link to the audio of your recommendation (Can be provided on any platform (Soundcloud, Spotify, etc.), but YouTube should be the primary one)
#4: An optional description to go with your recommendation. These should consist of why you like the song, your favorite parts, etc.

• PS! Username:
  • Song:
  • Link:
  • Description: (this one is optional, only paste if you're leaving one)

We look forward to seeing your recommendations!​

Last edited:

April Song Recommendations
To introduce ourselves, our first theme will be our all-time favorite song. Get ready! :)

[# Room Owners]

:aegislash:aegii:aegislash:
Song:
IZ*ONE - FIESTA
Year: 2020
Description: this song was the light in my time of darkness, the path when i was lost, i still miss them

:forretress:Citadark Isle:forretress:
Song: T-ARA - Sexy Love
Year: 2012
Description: It's 2012. Over the last year, T-ARA have released hit song after hit song, (Roly Poly → Cry Cry → We Were In Love → Lovey Dovey → Day By Day → ...), and risen alongside KARA, Girls' Generation, Wonder Girls, and 2NE1 as one of the Korean pop girl groups with both incredible musical impact and a ginormous fandom. In just a few days following their biggest concert yet, however, the messy departure of one of their members due to a fabricated bullying incident, (which wasn't disproven until 2017), lead to plummeting numbers in their domestic fans and overnight T-ARA became the most hated K-Pop group in Korea. Still, T-ARA's musical quality did not dip, and they released in September what I fear is their magnum opus (and let me tell you, having a favorite from this group is tough, as many consider their discography flawless [their 2009 debut album repackage Breaking Heart is often named one of the most cohesive and highest quality in K-Pop.]) Fitting, too, is it that my favorite Pokémon is Forretress, as recited near the song's end is a lyric rapped by member Areum: "Let's make a bomb." And this song is a bomb, of sorts. An electronic dance pop number written by Choi Gyu Sung and legendary producer and composer Shinsadong Tiger, Sexy Love from start to finish elicits desire. Press play and close your eyes—suddenly you are transported to a dark club in Itaewon; and all around you are strangers who are a little too close for comfort. Your drink of choice, the third of the night, is spilling from your glass as the bodies throttle you around the dance floor. But, illuminated by the red, blue, green and silver beams of light, you make out the face of someone truly beautiful. Your entire body is possessed by the intoxicating beat and simple lyricism of T-ARA's Sexy Love as you make your way over to them, and it is truly unforgettable.

[@ Room Moderators]
:wooper:beedrillmega:wooper:
Song:
Heize - HAPPEN
Year: 2021
Description: groovy baby

[% Room Drivers]

:Luxray:MK:luxray:
Song: SEVENTEEN - GAM3 BO1
Description: we need more k-(hyper)pop

:corsola:oaklies:corsola:
Song:
T-ARA - Roly Poly in 코파카바나
Year: 2011
Description: an iconic song, dance, and group, and they do it so effortlessly too...

:morgrem:starlight lovesong:morgrem:
Song:
IVE - After Like
Year: 2022
Description: I initially hated this song but it really grew on me quickly and it turned into my favorite song ever. The I Will Survive sample goes hard o7

[+ Room Voices/Alumni]
:skitty:pisx:skitty:
Song:
Berry Good - Angel
Year: 2016
Description: my fav!

:masquerain:rien:masquerain:
Song:
Brave Girls - Rollin'
Year: 2017
Description: THE quintessential summer song

:chespin:skies:chespin:
Song: Vernon - Black Eye
Year: 2023
Description: put a muzzle on me i’ll spit in ya mouth margot robbie dancing.gif

:amaura:sluffy:amaura:
Song:
CHUNG HA - Comes N Goes
Description: The song feels sad and dreamy. It's about missing someone and not knowing if your relationship will last. It talks about meeting by chance and being afraid sometimes. Even though the connection is temporary, you want to hold onto it tightly. The lyrics compare the relationship to an old fairy tale that comes and goes, here for a little while and then disappearing again.

1712381008341.png

Art by the wonderful Ciran :)

Thanks for stopping by - see us next month for more K-Pop!

Last edited:
Hello K-poppies!

Just so there's more content I've decided to make a post for the K-pop room's Spotlight of the Month!! If you haven't visited the room before (please do) we run a poll at the start of every month featuring songs that were released in the previous month, and visitors can vote on the poll to decide which song is featured in our roomintro for the month!

The spotlight artist and song for April 2024 is ILLIT - Magnetic!

ILLIT (pronounced I'll-It) are the newest girl group by HYBE Labels, home to K-pop mainstays such as BTS and SEVENTEEN. The group was formed from the survival audition program R U Next?, and has 5 members Yunah, Minju, Moka, Wonhee and Iroha. They officially debuted not more than a few weeks ago, on 25th March 2024 with the album SUPER REAL ME. Its title track is the featured Magnetic, as well as 3 B-side tracks in My World, Midnight Fiction and Lucky Girl Syndrome. I highly recommend giving the album a listen on Spotify or other sites!

Alongside our main spotlight, we have additional spotlight recommendations! While these are usually the B-sides to the album of the spotlight track, since ILLIT are a relatively new group with not as many songs, we've also included some recommendations from their labelmates!

♪ ENHYPEN — Bite Me
♪ LE SSERAFIM — Eve, Psyche and the Bluebeard's Wife
♪ SEVENTEEN — Super
♪ BTS Jungkook — SEVEN and rien insisted i include the yves cover too so here

Last edited:

Windingsss

shine like jewelry
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
haihai! starlight lovesong, room driver, also best known as wind or windingsss, reporting to drop some kpop recs from my recent discoveries and playlists :blobwizard:

๋࣭ ⭑⚝ 1. Kiss of Life - Midas Touch
Kiss of Life is such a talented group!! I wasn't really sold on them before but their recent comeback and title track, Midas Touch, really convinced me. They woke up and chose to SERVEEE mama, and overall I think this is an amazing song, with amazing choreo and an AMAZING MV. Definitely give it a shot! I've fallen in love with it.

๋࣭ ⭑⚝ 2. tripleS LOVElution - Girls' Capitalism
As silly as the title might sound, this song I think is really powerful and an absolute bop. The girls look STUNNING from head to toe and this track is just such a vibe; the "la-la-la-la heart~" and "call me beauty" lines have been stuck in my head for weeks now. Also, there's something about this song that is just kinda mean-girls-gossip-girl-coded (in a good way) that I enjoy so much.

๋࣭ ⭑⚝ 3. Le Sserafim - We got so much
Overall, I think the "Easy" era was perfect for Le Sserafim, however... this track is the standout for me! There's something so warm and familiar about it... It always makes me feel nostalgic when I listen to it. The vocals are on-point and I think its got a very catchy rhythm and chorus that you won't forget about for days to come. The EP as a whole is chef's kiss, but I believe We got so much deserves a special shoutout! Go listen to Le Sserafim's discography while we're at that, you won't regret it :))

This has been it for me this month! Overall, I wanted to go with soft (kinda LOL), vibey-songs that I believe anyone can enjoy. My dms are always open on discord (sweetrewind_) or PS if you wanna chat or get into the kpop wave! Enjoy these songs and remember, shine like jewelry! ⋆⭒˚.⋆

this was the first song i had heard by the boyz, and the one that got me to become a huge fan of the group. to this day, i have accumulated a grand total of 17,010 scrobbles on last.fm from them... it's brainrot, really, but regardless of all that, this song is perfection. truly, i would go as far as to say it's one of the best kpop songs ever released. the brightness, the freshness, it's all so delectable. they are excellent at pulling off the boy next door concept, and i find that their dancing is some of the best in all of kpop. take this q fancam for instance; their choreography is always just so much fun to watch. they're such an unbelievably talented group, and although i do prefer their older music to their more current music, i think that they are undeniably slept on superstars in the realm of kpop. so, i humbly recommend bloom bloom to whoever may read this because it brings me so much joy, and i hope it does the same for you.

seventeen - to you

seventeen was a bit of a different stanning process for me to be honest... i heard aju nice and was immediately obsessed. i heard some of their other stuff through recommendations of my fellow carat MK and was like alright cute. however, they released this song and i knew i had to file for a permanent stan card. seventeen is such an immensely talented group it's actually almost scary... this song is their magnum opus in my eyes. it's genuine pop perfection. the little bits of rock laced into it, the high notes, the build-up... ugh i'll never get over it. this song is so fucking good lois. i do think this is one of the best kpop songs ever released, and hands down seventeen's best song. is it my favorite seventeen song? no, i think that i would debate in my own head about that, but i would say it's their objective best. like, for non-kpop girlies, it's like how i see track 10 as charli xcx's best song, but i think delicious is my favorite song by her. hopefully that makes sense? also, i think vernon is one of the most talented and versatile kpop idols that i've ever seen. i'm a huge fan of his work as an artist even outside of the group and just a whole.

okay, so this is a sort of off-the-beaten path recommendation but i stumbled upon this song on twitter once and it literally never left my head. the chorus is insanely catchy, and it's so random because i don't know a thing about topsecret. couldn't name a single member. only know like one of their other songs. never seen the music video. never seen the choreo for the song. yet, it's still a song i'm going to recommend because the sheer charisma is off the charts... it's like if you heard the name sasha colby without seeing sasha colby – you'd be like "ohh that must be fantastic" and you just trust that it is. and it is! this is a really fun, upbeat song. it's straight electronic / pop and it doesn't hide anything. it's unabashedly fun as fuck, and it's really for the girls. very much a do some eyeshadow while this blasts in the background kinda song. so yeah i really like it hope you do too!

that's all that i have for now, because i am tired and don't feel like writing about random dudes any longer. i like kpop though and if you ever catch me online, my showdown username is skies too, and i'll talk your ear off about how hwall could've easily been this generation's biggest kpop star ever if he never got injured... anyways, take it easy everyone, and be safe this weekend. mwah. - skies

wake up people new IVE dropped!!

IVE SWITCH is the newest album from the group of the generation, who have already come out with the catchiest bangers that you may have heard such as Eleven, After Like and Baddie. I've had my first listen to the album and you should too :)

1. HEYA (M/V above) - 10/10 i love an anthem, this is an anthem, it's my favourite IVE title track and it's only my first listen! super super impressed.
  2. Accendio - 10/10 holy shit the drop the prechorus and chorus are sooo addictive. the rest of the song is melodic and doesn't sound too noisy either which bumps it up so high in my list. and I'm pretty sure they're actually playing with L/R sound balance in the bridge?? which i absolutely LOVE because it's so underused in Kpop
  3. Blue Heart - 10/10 Ive can't keep getting away with this how are all the songs on this album so good??? this one i love because it feels so nostalgic to me fsr like it's the type of song I'd have listened to at night to study to in 2017
  4. Ice Queen - 8/10 this one has a similar sound to the previous Ive title tracks which i wasnt that big a fan of, but i enjoyed it nevertheless. seems a bit quiet on the vocals? it does fit the vibe of "ice queen" though.
  5. WOW - 7/10 i wasnt particularly impressed by this but it's not terrible i guess. was prepared for something more hyperpop but that's unrealistic expectations based off just the title
  6. Reset - 6/10 im not a very big fan of having ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ in the actual lyrics of a song, the writers overcooked this one imo im sorry
overall album 9/10 rare 4th gen album i actually like on the first listen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)