(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

I dunno, said "plague" is UU in singles, and doubles now barely uses him in favor of cracked Fluttermane or other Paradoxes. It's decent in doubles admittedly, but nowhere as oppressive as peers
And yeah, typing is its main downfall. Which is a shame, cuz that possesed snail design is cool

i find this more of an "absolute state of smogon tiering" moment than an indictment against wo-chien tbh
I dunno if it's not seen as something useful relative to its peers, it's probably not going to see usage, and then it's going to drop until it finds a tier where it does see that usage.
Seems tiering is working as expected?

The gen4 evolutions of level up with this move are dumb and, assuming you are playing blind with knowledge of how the game mechanics work - I don't think you would conceivably teach any of the pokemon the moves needed to evolve except maybe aipom if you don't have a spare return tm, and even then, why are you leveling up an aipom to level 32?
The worst though is Mamoswine. You need to use a heart scale at the move relearner to teach piloswine a 60 bp special move. At a point when it has EQ and ice fang. Again, I do not think any player, with basic game knowledge of what physical and special moves are, would ever get this evolution without looking it up.

I mainly bring this up because I see people talking about how evolution methods starting in gen 8 are absolutely ridiculous and you would never know them without looking them up. I would like to counter they've thrown in those evolution methods for decades.

In SV, if you click on a Pokemon from the party and press "Change held item", you are brought to your bag and when you click an item, it automatically assigns it to that Pokemon.

However, if you check their summary and press A to change the held item from there, you get taken to the Bag screen but if you click an item, it asks if you want to give it to a Pokemon, and then you have to choose which Pokemon in the party you want to give it to, like if you were just giving an item from the regular bag menu. Personally I think the latter should work the same as the former.

There should be way better sorting and searching in bags. I'd like a pocket just for held items, and a pocket for exp/evolve items. I always groan when I need to find one key item in my big ass item bag.
At the very least it'd be nice if anything pertaining to exp and stats took their own bag. So all the exp candies, vitamins, feathers, mochis, even the bottle caps could probably go there.

It's nice the bulk of those go towards the top (except the bottle caps, which go at the bottom but that's fair since they're "used" in different ways and there's only 2 of them) of the item bag since you'll probably want to use those the most but it means you have to dig through a lot of cruft if you want something else. It's not helped by SV not having "page down" scrolling options.

Why did they take out the Gen 5 "Favorite" Bag Pocket where you could just put the stuff, instead of having to "Sort by Favorite" within the bag pocket anyway?
It was BW2 specifically, BW1 didn't have that thing.

Which is probably why, BW2 was likely in development at the same time as XY and it just didn't get ported and than they forgot about it til Gen 7. And then they decided on the new version? I guess?

(Little) things that annoy you in pokemon: F2P pokemon masters edition (It still counts, right?)

1. The scouts take up so many gems and if you're F2P each scout goes by with you clicking the button once or twice and getting complete garbage sync pairs.
  2. The chances of getting the featured sync pairs are really low. The fact that you spend 3,000 gems (around 19.99 dollars in real money) and get sync pairs that are absolutely not worth it can infuriate anybody who had just spent a lot of time grinding for those gems
  3. The amount of scout points you need to get any sync pair is stupid. You need to spend 40,000 gems to fully max it out, and the cost of that is at least $326.50.
Those are just the main things.
There's a reason why I haven't spent a cent on that game lol

I'm sure they added the daily free gems pittance in the paid gems section to entice people to spend more money, but seeing the cost of gems made me want to actually buy gems even less

There's a reason why I haven't spent a cent on that game lol

I'm sure they added the daily free gems pittance in the paid gems section to entice people to spend more money, but seeing the cost of gems made me want to actually buy gems even less
I think you two (as in, you and DaRotomMachine that you quoted) have never played a gacha before, as these numbers are still on the generous side..

Simple example, in the two most popular current gachas (Star Rail and Genshin Impact) from Hoyoverse, the amount of irl money you have to spend to "guarantee" a 5* banner (aka hit the pity after failing the 50/50) is on the line of 400€, up to 1500-2000€ if you want a fully upgraded character which requires pulling it 7 times. The droprates are public, way lower than 1%, until you reach 75-ish pulls where they quickly upgrade to 100% within 4-5 pulls (so called "pity").
Pure F2P player in either games are barely provided enough currency to hit a single pity per month, meaning that bar extreme luck you are able to get at 1 banner character per 2 months, anything more will require real money investment (much worse in Genshin iirc but I don't play it enough to notice).

Gachas are made to steal money from people, a lot of it in fact, and they work, both because there's a lot of people incapable of controlling themselves like me for example, and a bunch of rich oilers for which 2000€ are basically spare change, toghether with a lot of youtuber/twitch streamers who basically invest a significant chunk of their monthly earning into pulls because if they don't their channel dies.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think you two (as in, you and DaRotomMachine that you quoted) have never played a gacha before, as these numbers are still on the generous side..

Simple example, in the two most popular current gachas (Star Rail and Genshin Impact) from Hoyoverse, the amount of irl money you have to spend to "guarantee" a 5* banner (aka hit the pity after failing the 50/50) is on the line of 400€, up to 1500-2000€ if you want a fully upgraded character which requires pulling it 7 times. The droprates are public, way lower than 1%, until you reach 75-ish pulls where they quickly upgrade to 100% within 4-5 pulls (so called "pity").
Pure F2P player in either games are barely provided enough currency to hit a single pity per month, meaning that bar extreme luck you are able to get at 1 banner character per 2 months, anything more will require real money investment (much worse in Genshin iirc but I don't play it enough to notice).

Gachas are made to steal money from people, a lot of it in fact, and they work, both because there's a lot of people incapable of controlling themselves like me for example, and a bunch of rich oilers for which 2000€ are basically spare change, toghether with a lot of youtuber/twitch streamers who basically invest a significant chunk of their monthly earning into pulls because if they don't their channel dies.
Whats a Euro in real Australian money though?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also um so unless I missed something - post epilogue you can travel to Kieran and Carmine’s rooms - they’re canonically back at BB Academy - and they’re still not there? Whats up with that? Its not like the interactions with Nemona/Arven/Penny in their rooms are amazing but its nice to see what they’re normally up to

Also um so unless I missed something - post epilogue you can travel to Kieran and Carmine’s rooms - they’re canonically back at BB Academy - and they’re still not there? Whats up with that? Its not like the interactions with Nemona/Arven/Penny in their rooms are amazing but its nice to see what they’re normally up to
yeah it's odd they don't show up there when they aren't in the club room

You can even go to Carmine's room I think once you meet her in Indigo Disk, actually.

When SV released, I had such a hard time finding a Blaze breed Tauros that I got a full odds shiny normal one before it, and my Tinkaton became overleveled.

Today, I got a Blaze breed outbreak, which I didn't even know was possible.
For what it's worth, I believe that for a time it wasn't possible. Pokemon with different forms would keep defaulting to the default form available so any Tauros outbreak would probably be Combat breed every time. It was fixed with...Teal Mask, I think?

not that I don't feel your pain, I went through such a terrible time trying to hatch Finizen, then a slightly shorter time getting it through sandwiches, then like a week later finally seeing a finizen outbreak. Really just rubs salt in the wound.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 17)