Smogon Forums

Audiosurfer
Audiosurfer
kylecole doesn't run any projects and isn't active in policy, so his actual leadership ability remains pretty untested, blood totem is in a similar position, along with the fact that he was removed from ps room modding like a month ago for his behavior there (although in his defense it has improved some)
Audiosurfer
Audiosurfer
they're both fine battlers and i think they're both on the council, but they've yet to demonstrate anything that would show me that they have the drive/dedication to be a central leader for the tier.
Stathakis
being untested seems pretty minor compared to being hated by site staff or being hated by the doubles community e.g. stratos and mizu's downsides
Audiosurfer
Audiosurfer
well a leader who isn't doing much is bad, but a leader who doesn't know what they're doing and then messes stuff up would be even worse, so if there was a serious push for one of them to be leader i'd want to know what their plans would be to actually improve the community.
Stathakis
do you know what current leadership's plans are to improve the community
Audiosurfer
Audiosurfer
unless the tier is actually bursting into flames (which despite all the drama goin on in the thread the tier iisn't falling apart at the moment) i'd rather the people selected be people i'm sure will rise to the challenges that face the tier and be vetted properly and not just the least bad choices of a bad situation
Audiosurfer
Audiosurfer
but yeah me thinking that someone isn't leader material doesn't mean that it's then a good idea to replace them with people i think are also not leader material. if they are seriously interested in leading the tier then they should do some of those things i mentioned above so that it's 100% clear that they can kill it
Stathakis
so who do you propose to fit that description
Stathakis
im going to bed but im very interested in the rest of your thoughts as someone actually in the dubs community & will probably have more questions tomorrow, thanks for being a good sport about it
Audiosurfer
Audiosurfer
as i said before replacing mizu isn't an urgent thing despite all the drama going on because the tier's still moving along (albeit at a slow pace) and stratos won't be reinstated anyways (and he will probably contribute less as a result of all this). i think that kyle could be a good choice, but i don't want him promoted until he actually demonstrates this through taking on increased leadership roles in some capacity, whether it's being more active in policy discussions or hosting projects or something. what i do not want to happen is for us to just dump mizu because of all this drama when an actual good replacement isn't lined up, especially since if a newly appointed TL didn't do anything it would be a pain to get rid of them. people are still playing the tier at the same rate they have been, this leadership change isn't a matter of immediate survival, but it is a matter of long term tier survival, so i want to make sure this is done properly