Smogon Forums

Thomaz
You have to play a life-battery Ruby or Sapphire on Pokemon Box and hope it switches methods. :P
Skymin_Flower
I could've sworn there was an easier way o.O

Well thanks, I didn't know it could do that anyway :P
Thomaz
I'm afraid not lol. It's pretty tough and I haven't actually tried it often because it takes forever. It takes like 12 hours to reach the in-game time for the seed to roll around and then it's about 2 hours to reach the frame. And all this is done on retail (of course) so if you miss the frame or get the wrong method, you gotta start all over again (and generally, you gotta wait for the next day unless you start at like 8 am, then reset the battery at 10 pm so you can have the next try at 10 am the next day. XD).
Skymin_Flower
That sounds awful xD but I am 90% sure I have seen an easier way... now I am really curious and I feel like I could help you out heaps as well if I found it. I will look around a bit!
Thomaz
Alright, thanks! :)
Skymin_Flower
Wait, can't you just let the VBA use the real time clock? I just did a test and the RNG works exactly as expected according to the researcher + debug mode. Would this be a possible way to go?
Skymin_Flower
For example, that spread appears tomorrow, 12:27, on frame ~40 million. So couldn't you start the game (with live clock), play until 40 million and hope for the best? Save states will make sure you retain your seed etc
Skymin_Flower
Or is this considered hacking in some way shape or form lol.

Btw I want to know where you got your "wait 2 hours" statistic from, doesn't the seed change depending on the date as well?
Thomaz
That 2 hour thing is just the amount of frames before the spread rolls around (581614 frames to be exact). Also, the game will never switch to Method 4 on the emulator. You need Pokemon Box for that. I suppose you could try Box on emulator and see if you can play Ruby on there, but I doubt it.