Smogon Forums

PokeChess
PokeChess
Can I add you on discord? Just to make it easier for us to check whether one or the other is online, we still keep the schedule here. My discord is PokeChess. Tell me your nickname and send me a friend request there, what do you think?
tomatojuicr
tomatojuicr
yeah i just added you, its tomatojuicr, just like my username here
PokeChess
PokeChess
One of the lights on my Wi-Fi modem is blinking red, so I think it's best to wait until the issue is resolved before rescheduling. As soon as it is resolved I will get in touch again here on the smogon wall, it will certainly be before the deadline we have to play, so I ask you to look here on the wall a little more regularly than normal so that when I say it has been resolved we can reschedule the game.
PokeChess
PokeChess
There is the option for me to use 3g/4g but it is a risk, especially since I work online too. I apologize for the unforeseen situation, and if my internet returns by the scheduled time, I will tell you, but if I do not give a new reply until the scheduled time arrives saying that the internet is back, I kindly ask that we reschedule as soon as my internet returns ( I'll tell you here when that happens).
tomatojuicr
tomatojuicr
ok yeah that works for me, just tell me when, im fine with rescheduling
PokeChess
PokeChess
The internet is back, we can now reschedule.

Can we try this Friday, between 3pm and 6pm? If it doesn't work, we repeat the process on Saturday and Sunday until we succeed.
tomatojuicr
tomatojuicr
yeah sure that works for me
PokeChess
PokeChess
I'm online at Showdown with the same nickname I use here.
PokeChess
PokeChess
I went online during the agreed interval (between 3pm and 6pm) and waited more than 30 minutes beyond the agreed time without getting a response.
tomatojuicr
tomatojuicr
hey i still have time right now, we can do a match now
PokeChess
PokeChess
I'm about to have dinner and then I'm going to take a shower, so you have to wait until I'm free. We can play in an hour and a half, 08:30 pm GMT -3. What do you say? I waited at the agreed time (and a little longer), about 3 and a half hours, so I ask you to wait for me too. Seems fair?
tomatojuicr
tomatojuicr
mm usually I would be able to but I have a family occasion in an hour or two and I would not be at my house at that point so I think Saturday would be our best bet then
PokeChess
PokeChess
Ok, we can try again on Saturday, tomorrow I will send a message here again, so I ask you to stay tuned for the smogon wall here. I'm ahead in terms of act win because I showed up at the agreed time, but I really don't want to win by act win, so please let's do our best to play this.
tomatojuicr
tomatojuicr
yeah that sounds great to me, I'll send a message if by some reason i can't
PokeChess
PokeChess
What do you think of 05:00 pm at GMT -3 today, Saturday?
tomatojuicr
tomatojuicr
I would not be able to at that time, if we did 3 or 4 pm gmt -3, it would most likely work for me
tomatojuicr
tomatojuicr
or i could also do it right now if you could too
PokeChess
PokeChess
Okay, 4 pm GMT -3, it has to work this time.
tomatojuicr
tomatojuicr
Sorry wait ill be doing something but foes 4:15-4:30 gmt still work?
tomatojuicr
tomatojuicr
It’s just 15 or 30 minutes later