A new way to use Snorlax

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Snorlax I have tested out on many people and even the good people I face have lost 1-2 pokes to this lax cause of the sheer surprise it contained. Also, this can be called a cheap imitation of Blissey, but with better defenses to Counter.

Snorlax@leftovers Immunity(Thick Fat if you don't fear toxic)
Careful (+Sp.Def,-Sp. Att) EVS: 252 HP/252 Sp. Def/4 def or att
Amnesia*
Counter
Return/Body Slam
Shadow ball/Earthquake/Fire Blast/Focus Punch/Flamethower/Seismic toss

Switch in on a sp. sweeper like Starmie or Houndoom etc. Amnesia is the first move to do, this WILL enforce them to switch to a phyical attack. Counter when attacked. Body Slam if you like the para effect. Shadow ball for the ghosts types like Gengar or rest if you don't fear them. a +6 amnesia lax will not take much damage and leftovers will heal more than it will take. this lax can take about 3 hits from a nonCBed phycial attack, Metagross did near half damage with Meteor Mash. Earthquake instead of shadow ball if you think they'll switch in a steel or rock type on you like TTar. Hit them by surprise then counter them since they expect EQ. Fire Blast for Forretress. Focus Punch cause you know they will switch and probably are expecting return and Focus punch hurts anything that resists return. Seismic Toss makes it anohter Blissey :P but it works when you get burned otherwise return will do more damage. I recommend attacking after the first counter since they might expect counter unless they can't do anyhting about it.
*If you are real good at prediction(or don't like it) you can get rid of this move and use something esle as it, since most people won't keep a sp. sweeper in but I like this move since when they run of of people to kill lax, +6 sp. def and they can't do anything about it with thier remain pokes.

Counters:
Salamence- Dragon Dance will kill your whole team if you re not careful, carry something to prevent a DD sala to kill your team if you use this lax. Intimidate also weakens your attack which has no boost to it making it weaker.
Forretress- He'll have free spikes to get on you since you can't do anything about him, explosion might kill your lax too. Have a rapid spinner to prevent this. If you got fire blast/flamethower, you can 2HKO him.
Skarmary- Obvious counter. Free spikes, toxic you if you choose thick fat. Whirldwind away amnesia. Using fire blast is crap with the nature I gave it. Only around 35% damage will be done.
Suicune- CM will let it do normal damage to you if you +6 Sp. Def. Attack away if you want, if you get unlucky and get a CH on you, you would want a hazer to save you. Suicune also has major defenses so Lax won't be seeing the last of it if it knows rest.
Sp. BPers- You're eeveevolution guys are in this. lax used amnesia, poke used Sub. Now the poke will BP the sub to a poke you'd use counter on. Since it's protected by a sub, it'll live from counter. if the sub can be broken by lax and he can live 2 hits, then break the sub then counter.
Fighting Pokemon- Lax can't take them since STABBED HJK/BB will massacre lax, but these are with all laxes. Of course you are free to counter them(if you think you'll live), watch out for Focus Punch if you switch lax or attempt to counter.
Calm mind- Since alot of pokes use it I just listed the move. Of course, you can amnesia up then attack with return.
Belly drum if they predict on you well, Lax vs. Charizard, Lax used Counter, Zard used Belly Drum, now Lax can't survive.
Substitude if they predict you well/you predict wrong. You counter, they sub, all a big mess since they know what to expect from lax and then try to OHKO lax.
WoW will weaken lax and he will only be able to counter to do effective damage. Of course, this can be an advantage if your foe attacks right away instead of DD or CM.

This lax causes utter surprise and can cripple a foe of his physical fighters. Sure it can bring you your demise but if used properly, it can do wonders.
This lax will make noobs mad since they'll think it's another Blissey :P just fatter XD. This lax can be used for standard but its more of a fun lax to have when you want to have a surprise team.

Counter Snorlax has been done already... Rest is much more effective for taking repeated special hits than Amnesia is, because you're still going to have to switch into attacks in the first place and switch out of counters. Seismic Toss is also a useless idea and isn't going to do any more damage to anything than you could possibly do with Return/Earthquake/etc.

This is probably one of the more pointless things i've ever seen. Why would you even need Amnesia? Regardless no special attacker is going to stay in, so what's the point of Amnesia, why can't you just leave it as it is and start Countering off the bat?

Also this should have probably just went inside the i want to edit thread. =/

I have no idea what 'good people' you're battling to be able to kill 2-3 pokes out of 'suprise' when all it takes is 2 phsyical hits to take this down.

Another one is a curselax as an opener, but with a Liechi Berry or whichever one heals status conditions. Just curse until you're low and then rest, and you have a free tank.

Brood_Star said:
Another one is a curselax as an opener, but with a Liechi Berry or whichever one heals status conditions. Just curse until you're low and then rest, and you have a free tank.
That's Lum Berry, and it is in no way worth losing your leftovers recovery seeing as Snorlax can actually survive the resting turns anyway.

Having Seismic Toss as an option on the first post, just made me not take it seriously. Why would you let a Rest-less 'Lax get burnt in the first place so you even need to use Seismic Toss?

As you could read from the previous post, this is in no way new, and really, you won't need Amnesia for anything. The other suggestions either don't make sense or are common sense already.

This thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)