a perfecty unwitty name with a somewhat witty Ubers team

Sorry if the pictures are not working, they were when I posted them.

Hello, and welcome to my RMT! After a horrible 4th gen Ubers team (everything and their son/daughter could 6-0 this team), I took to the shadows and went to OU for a while. I’m still new to Ubers, but I have a fairly good grasp on how the metagame works. So now, I’m back and have a well made team if I do say so myself, but I put this team up here so it could be improved, as people will always see something I missed in creating a team. I say this because I have had mild success with this team, as only used it in a few battles, and it has worked out for the most part. Without further ado, check out my team!

Lead

Darkari@leftovers
Bad Dreams
4HP/252SPA/252SPD
-dark void
-focus blast
-dark pulse
-ice beam

Before there was a ditto lead here, but he kept dying too quickly and not doing anything, so I switched to whimiscott. Then I realized that taunting a lead won’t stop them from killing you, then having the taunt wearing off, and then doing their main job.

This set deviates from the normal dark void/nasty plot. Sure I could do more damage but I need more coverage. I’ll leave the boosting to my sweeper. Darkari has enormous potential against other leads, except for prankster whimiscott and thundurus (Which I have no idea you would want to use the latter in ubers anyway, whimiscott is better), Darkari can out speed other leads except for choice scarf users and deoxys-S. Just use dark void, and look there, I’ve just rendered one of your Pokémon useless for the remainder of the match! Unless you have the lucky one turn sleep…… Anyway, focus blast and dark pulse are there for maximum coverage, as ice beam to hit the abundance of dragons. The flinch hax of dark pulse is really helpful.:naughty:

Defensive core

Smeargle@Leftovers
Moody
252HP/252 Spe Timid
-Assist Power
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-Substitute

Cresselia@Leftovers
Levitate
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
~ Ice Beam
~ Moonlight
~ Reflect
~ Toxic

NOTE: Alright, why don’t people use Cresselia more? The neutrality to SR really helps, and Cresselia can do lugia’s job as well as the bird himself.

Another NOTE: This is what the team was first based around because I wanted to use a Pokémon with the ability Moody. This core has not changed since I made this team.

Ok, this is fairly obvious. Set up with moody smeargle, then baton pass any boosts to a Pokémon that can make good use of them. Smeargle is not just there to wall, though. Once, I took down a full health arceus normal type and a dialga with this set alone. Cresselia is doing blissey’’s job by toxic stalling the opposing Pokémon to death. Cresselia’s set was created in 4th gen, but it has almost never failed me, and then it was up against a +4 SD Scizor. There’s not much this core can do to him, so that will need some tweaking.

Offensive core

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Air Lock
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
Ability: Airlock
6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Earthquake
~Outrage
~Extremespeed

Mewtwo @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Tension
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Break

Zekrom @ Choice Band
Trait: Teravoltage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe (or more...)
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Lightning Strike
-Stone Edge

Note: Mewtwo and Zekrom have been here since the beginning, I changed mew two’s ability and zekrom’s item and move set sine I made this team. Rayquaza replaced a mixed salamence because he just wasn’t getting a lot of OHKO’s just a bunch of 2HKO’s with the opponent having around 10% hp left then usually crippling or KOing my salamence. Rayquaza gives me the necessary power needed to OHKO a few extra Pokémon, along with being able to get a dragon dance up here and there.

Ah, 2 physical attackers and a mixed sweeper. First, I would like to say that I see no need for pressure on Mewtwo, as the opponent will either be OHKO’d or 2HKO’d if I have a calm mind up. Tension does better against the rare yache or chople berry on Garchomp (or any x4 SE to ice Pokémon) or Heatran, respectively. Zekrom is there because I needed a good somewhat bulky physical sweeper, as Rayquaza is usually my last Pokémon, and a good one at that even with SR up. Get a lucky crit on a latios switch in with stone edge, and I don’t have to worry about it killing off half my team! (Cresselia might still wall it to an extent though…..)
Mewtwo is fairly obvious. Don’t let him get a calm mind up, and bring in your blissy or chansey, then watch it get raped to a pile of eggs. Seriously, despite its bad type coverage, STAB psycho break will maul lots of stuff that don’t have high defense. Plus, iron barbs and rugged helmet won’t activate, but it’s not likely that Ferrrothorn would switch in anyway, Mewtwo can use it as set up, but TW will stop my sweep.

Threats:
Skarmory can wall a good chunk of my team, and my only reliable counters are Darkari and Mewtwo, which the former I use to take out as much of the opponent’s team as possible before going down. SD Scizor variants can rip through this team, and I don’t have any SE moves against it, so it’s almost always a 2HKO with any Pokémon I use, unless I get crit hax. Given the team is still fairly new and I face mostly the same Pokémon over and over again, I can’t find any counters. Believe it or not, if sleep clause is in effect, LO thunderbolt/ice beam/hydro pump/recover starmie can rip holes though this team, and play stall games with smeargle. Any arceus with Extremespeed or a dragon move can stop this team, unless I’ve baton passed some boosts to Rayquaza or Zekrom.

Ferrrothorn gets a brief mention if Mewtwo and Darkari are down for the count, because I would have to sacrifice a Pokémon for it. (Fuck you, iron barbs and rugged helmet!) Other scenario is that the Pokémon I switch in become later death fodder.:pirate:

Change
I am currently thinking of changing Zekrom to Shaymin-S or a mixed reshiram set. With both Ferrrothorn no longer is a problem, and Skarmory can’t wall as much. However, reshiram can take a STAB bullet punch from Scizor and OHKO with blue flare. If it doesn’t, the burn chance is useful. Shaymin-S can help me live some turns with hax, although it would take some turns. Groundon could be a viable asset to Cresselia, and then I could change the EV’s to have more special bulk. Plus, I can run a mixed Groundon with fire blast, essentially becoming a bulky physical wall/ sweeper. Once I understand the hp spreads better, I could tweak those to maximize my Pokémon’s potential.

Final look

Well there’s my team. Feel free to copy it, but please leave a suggestion on how to improve. Thank you.

PLEASE LEAVE A SUGGESTION​

how was this for a RMT?*​

Overall I like this team, especially for some creativity on the movesets and using specific pokes beyond what you typically see. However I see some things that can probably be worked around fairly easily.
First of all, Smeargle without Spore? How are you able to BP a sub or even BP at all unless you get a +2 Speed or Evasion. Even if you do get lucky with that, Taunt still hits you behind a sub so Spore or Taunt are viable.
Cresselia is outclassed by Lugia in everything bar typing which really only matters if it benefits/hinders you team significantly. Multiscale Lugia is harder to take down, but more importantly is that Lugia can whirlwind away a stat-boosting poke while Cresselia is set up fodder for anything without a 4x Ice weakness.
Overheat could replace EQ on Rayquazza, and you can still hit Dialga for decent damage whereas some common steel types in ubers aren’t really phazed by EQ (Ferrothorn, Foretress, Scizor, Skarm) anyway.
Zekrom... Hmm, are you really sure you want to go with no speed and Choice yourself into an Electric move so Garchomp can SD or sub, Groudon can SD or Rock Polish. I would consider a different sweeper, or at least give yourself max speed because you’re outsped by virtually every offensive threat in Ubers bar Scizor. SD Arceus seems viable as a physical sweeper moreso than Zekrom; Right now CB Zekrom has 606 attack, whereas Arceus after a SD has 888, better stats all around, huge movepool, and any typing you like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)