A potentially surprising setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I don't know where to put this, I suppose a new thread will be acceptable, though if not I desire to be reprimanded for my foolhardiness. anyway, I have recently been considering making a pokemon that I believe sees little to no playtime into a star, and here it is:
Lairon @ Evolution Stone

Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 0 Atk / 252 Def / 0 SAtk / 0 SDef / 4 Spd
Impish Nature/Rash Nature
- Iron Defense
- Metal Burst
- Head Smash
- Double-Edge???

the theory is quite simple. eviolite boosts defenses to very high levels, and a sandstorm boosts SpD even more. it plays as follows: switch into a non-threat forcing the switch. take advantage of the switch setting up iron defense. use available attacks as a potent-ish threat. the cool thing is it will draw counters hoping to take advantage of it's 4X weaknesses, but is tough enough to handle life orb lucario's close combat and metal burst nearly ko's or ko's back (I forget which). I am left with some questions though. 1) does an impish nature or a rash nature provide greater benefit to the set? 2)what should I put in the fourth slot, I simply don't see what would be best. 3) most importantly, how do eviolite and sandstorm stack? any input would be appreciated as I am not all that familiar with this type of setting up.

thanks in advance, The Quiet One

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Wrong place. Since Lairon isn't really a Pokemon used in battling, there isn't any place for this. Modify it to a Aggron set, and go post it in the Aggron discussion thread in Dragonspiral Tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)