SM OU Alolantales/Genesect

Introduction
I recently got back into competitive Pokemon battling, and this is my first attempt at SuMo's OU. The base i started with is Alolan-Ninetails and Genesect. Aiming for a bulky offense type team, with Alolan-Ninetails' Aurora veil to insure genesect to set-up with shift gear. I would love some feedback to help improve my team and myself overall as a player. Currently 1200 elo(havent played much)

Team building Process
Started with these too, because i like the free set up with aurora veil does for Genesect.
+
Added Lando-T to for SR setup to help set up sweeps, Handles steal/fire types that can be a problem for Tales/Gene. U-turn abuser to help switch into Tales.
+
With 2 fire weakness pokemon i added in Rotomw, to deal with most fire tyes. with volt switch it makes it easier to get Tales in for Aurora Veil.
+
I added Dugtrio to trap certain threats, and make it easier to sweep.
+Tapu Fini With my core getting chipped out by consistent SR dmg, i added Tapu Fini for Defog use, and fairy typing.

Team Overview

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry/Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Ninetales is mainly here for Aurora Veil. With Aurora Veil up it gives my sweepers the extra boost needed to sweep. This Set focuses on giving Ninetales the speed it needs to insure Aurora Veil goes up, and so the STAB moves hit hard. Basically here for Utility.

Genesect @ Life Orb
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shift Gear
- Flamethrower
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam

Genesect is the teams main carry. If Aurora Veil is up and i get at least 1 Shift Gear he becomes a huge problem. With the Download ability giving me Potential stat buffs(SpA/Attack namely) makes it all the much easier. If Download hits SpA it gives him 508 which will hurt. I believe with 1 Shift Gear he can outspeed Sandrush Excadrill. I chose Flamethrower over Blaze kick for the accuracy alone. Ice beam to hit Landorus-T/Tornadus-T/Dragons. Iron with 1 Shift Gear will OHKO most fairies. Maximum Speed/SpA EVs to make sure this thing hits fast and hard.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 28 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Most of the times i lead with Lando-T. Sets up SR to insure my team can Sweep easier. Deals with Steal types that Ninetales cannot deal with. U-turn to help get Ninetales in for Aurora Veil.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 12 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Defog
- Scald
- Moonblast

With my core taking heavy damage from entry hazards, Tapu fini is here to Defog and clear the way for the carries. Calm mind for predicted switches, Scald to hit Fire types/ and for potential cripple. Moonblast is its main source of damage. 60 speed EVs lets it out speed defensive Lando-T.

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace

Is here to ensure the sweep by taking care of certain threats like Heatran, MegaCharizard X, and some Steel types. With 2 Voltswitch/Uturn users its easy to help get this guy out. 3HKO Chansey. Revenge kills Tapu Bulu, Celesteela, Skarmory.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

VoltSwitch user to help get Ninetales out for Aurora Veil or Dugtrio to trap/kill certain problematic Pokemon. Helps against fire types. Cripples Mega Lopunny, MegaGallade. Helps deal with Sand teams buy checking Garchomp. 128 Speed EVs to Outspeed adamant Bisharp. While still having good defense investment.

Threats i have come across.
Charizard Y- I dont really have an answer for him out side of wearing it down. Easier to deal with if i have Aurora Veil up.

Tyranitar/Hippowdon- Both have ability to stop Aurora Veil. Choice scarf Tyranitar Outspeeds Ninetales and can 1HKO it with a stone edge.

Pelipper- Has ability to stop Aurora veil, and giving swift swim users time to sweep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)