ORAS Ubers Back in the swing of things

Building Process

So, before making this team, I hadn't been on PS! for several months. I had to do some serious digging around before just jumping right back into it. In making this team specifically, I did some research on who the biggest threats were in the Ubers tier. Sure enough, pokemon like Primal Groudon, Xerneas, Arceus, and Darkrai made up a majority of the teams I've seen people use. I began to come up with a team that could counter the most common threats, which lead me to this set up.

The Team

Heatstroke (Primal Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Obviously, P-Don is a staple on nearly every Ubers team, and with good reason. This Primal reversion is blessed with physical bulk and offense that is rivaled by few other pokemon in the tier. Its Fire typing allows it to easily check Fairy-type threats like Xerneas and Mega Mawile, and Desolate Land gives it an essential immunity to Water-type moves which would otherwise destroy P-Don.

P-Don is the Stealth Rock setter of this team. Precipice Blades was my choice for a Ground-type STAB move. I did test Earthquake for its favorable accuracy, but the loss of power was quite noticeable, so I opted against it. Fire Punch is a great Fire-type STAB move that is complemented by P-Don's Staggering Attack stat and boosted in power by Desolate Land. Stone Edge was the best choice for dealing with Flying-types and any pokemon that resists its STAB moves.

I chose a more offensive set for the benefit of being able to outspeed and, at the very least, 2HKO most unboosted variants of rivaling Primal Groudon, as well as uninvested Xerneas and Yveltal. It is also still able to survive a +2 Focus Blast From Geomancy Xerneas or a +1 Double-Edge from Adamant Mega Salamence after Stealth Rock, allowing Groudon to retaliate by dealing massive damage with either of its STAB options or Stone Edge, respectively.

Hades (Yveltal) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- U-Turn

This harbinger of death and destruction is quite the versatile pokemon. It can run both defensive and offensive sets thanks to a rather appealing typing and stat spread. It's typing and recovery options make it a pretty decent wall, and having a 131 / 131 / 99 offensive spread with its ability Dark Aura make it a serious powerhouse.

Dark Pulse is the STAB move of choice thanks to the Dark Aura boost it receives; it also has the added benefit of possibly making the foe flinch. Foul Play is also a must for Mega Mewtwo Y (because of its higher Sp. Def.) and more physically powerful pokemon such as Extreme Killer or Swords Dance Ground/Ghost Arceus and Rayquaza. Yveltal's signature Oblivion Wing has decent power and allows it to recover some HP. U-Turn can be used to scout switches and act accordingly, keeping up momentum.

Modest nature with 248 EVs in Sp. Atk. is a must to maximize Yveltal's power output. It otherwise misses out on crucial KOs, such as a 2HKO on offensive Primal Groudon. 32 HP EVs allow Yveltal to be able to take Stealth Rock damage up to 4 times without fainting. 224 Speed EVs with a Choice Scarf allows Yveltal to outspeed the entire unboosted tier bar Deoxys-S and max speed Deoxys-A. The other 4 EVs are put into defense so that Yveltal can survive a +2 Extreme Speed from Arceus and retaliate with Foul Play for the kill.

Keyed (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Klefki might not seem like the most appealing pokemon for an Ubers team, but its Prankster ability proves all too helpful. Its typing allows it to be a sufficient check to Fairy- and Dark-types, and its access to entry hazards, Thunder Wave, and Toxic with +1 priority let Klefki excel in crippling teams and allowing teammates to set up and sweep.

Spikes is the entry hazard of choice with relatively few pokemon immune to it and Primal ground already having Stealth Rock to set up for those pokemon. Thunder Wave provides great speed control with the added effect of the opponent being able to move less often. For those pokemon that are either immune to T-Wave or run bulky offensive or defensive sets, Toxic is a good way to whittle those pokemon down throughout the course of the match. Play Rough is the attack option of choice to keep Klefki from being completely wrecked by Taunt users. It can also break a Substitute from Xerneas, letting Klefki paralyze or poison it before it becomes too dangerous.

248 HP and 252 let Klefki survive any +2 attack from Xerneas as well as most other other special attackers aside from Arceus-Fire and Primal Groudon carrying Lava Plume. The other 8 EVs are put into Attack to give Play Rough enough power to reliably break a Xerneas Substitute.

Blue (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire

Soul Dew is an absolute blessing for Latios and his twin Latias, boosting their Sp. Atk and Sp. Def by 1.5x. For Latios, this translates to insane power with added special bulk, which works well with its above-average Speed tier and coverage options.

Calm mind seemed an obvious choice to increase Latios' Sp. Atk and Sp. Def even further and sweep mid- or late-game. Draco Meteor is its strongest Dragon STAB move, but comes at the cost of Dropping its Sp. Atk by 2 levels. Psyshock assists in taking down Special walls like Primal Kyogre. HP Fire Provides coverage against Steel-types that would otherwise wall Latios. I've played around with the idea of having Grass Knot over CM for an all out attacking set and extra coverage, but I haven't tested it yet, so any feedback on that idea would be appreciated.

Modest nature with 252+ Sp Atk maximizes the amount of power that Latios can put out. 252 EVs in speed allow Latios to outspeed base 95 pokemon. Timid nature was an option to outspeed pokemon of the same speed tier, but I opted for Modest since I'm running an extra coverage move instead of Roost, and that extra power against Steel is much appreciated by other team members.

Red (Latias) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot

Introducing the bulkier of the Eon twins. She might not be as good offensively as Latios, but her defensive prowess is one to be desired, especially with Soul Dew, immunity to Ground-type moves, and access to supporting moves like Defog and Healing Wish.

Defog provides reliable hazard control for the team, and it works well in conjunction with Latias' immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Recover helps Latias regain HP without sacrificing the immunity given by Levitate for a turn. Draco Meteor is a powerful STAB move and is complimented by the Sp Atk boost from Soul Dew. Grass Knot works well against pokemon such as Ground- and Water-Arceus and Mega Diancie. I considered Psyshock over Grass Knot for its advantage over CM Primal-Kyogre and
Ho-oh, but thought it be more effective to have Grass Knot since Latios isn't running it and already carries Psyshock.

212 HP allows Latias to not get 2HKOed by Primal Kyogre's Ice Beam or survive an unboosted MoonBlast from Xerneas. 176 Spe w/ Timid nature lets Latias outspeed base 100 pokemon. The rest goes to Sp Atk to give power to its attacks.

Dark Horse (Arceus-Dark) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Judgement

This literal god of pokemon takes on a dark form in this team. Although is carries a weakness to the common Fairy-type, Dark-Arceus effectively checks common Psychic- and Ghost-types in the tier and poses a threat to any other pokemon that can't get past its 120 / 120 / 120 bulk.

The combination of Whirlpool and Perish song is (obviousy) meant to trap and take down pokemon that struggle to take Dark-Arceus down themselves. Recover increases Arceus's longevity, allowing it to keep pokemon trapped for the entirety of Perish Song. Judgement is the attack of choice to hit Ghost- and Psychic-types super-effectively and even OHKOing Mega Gengar.

176 Spe w/ Timid nature lets Arceus outspeed max speed base 110 pokemon. 248 HP EVs maximizes health while minimizing damage from entry hazards. The rest of its EVs are put in defense so that Arceus stands a better chance against physical threats.

Weaknesses

Toxic
Unfortunately, all but one of these pokemon fall prey to being badly poisoned, and although three of them have recovery options, the increase in toxic damage every turn can prove to be quite overwhelming. It also makes a Klefki switch into Toxic very predictable, allowing an opponent to punish a switch in some manner.

Fairy-Types
4/6 of these pokemon are weak against Fairy-types, which is problematic with the existence of Geomancy Xerneas and Mega-Mawile. Although P-Don and Klefki both can check them, they still pose a threat if either are too weakened.

Closing
Again, any feedback on this team would be greatly appreciated. If you see any other problems with this team, please let me know. Thanks so much for any constructive criticism!

Importable
Heatstroke (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Hades (Yveltal) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn

Keyed (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Blue (Latios) @ Soul Dew
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Red (Latias) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot

Dark Horse (Arceus-Dark) @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Perish Song
- Whirlpool
- Recover
- Judgment

Hi, PsychoX great Ubers team.

Not bad that Yveltal Scarf + U Turn. It is useful to know what will the opponent and take the lead or pressing. But as you mention, you're too weak to any fairy. Although the primary is Xerneas. Any sets can create problems. You depend on keeping PDon and Klefki, which are the only pieces that fit whenever you situation. One thing in OU rarely have seen a case like this, but ... I really rent out Latias Latios + on the same team? I do not think so. In fact, I think it can hurt and optimized. In your place, I personally would leave Latias. It has more bulk and acts with Defog + Roost / Recover. I see you've wanted to go with the innovation DarkCeus. I've never tasted anything like it, I'm not sure if it works. But Whirlphool + Perish Song interesting. He had previously seen a version well in WaterCeus, but not Dark. It's okay.

Coming here, I would propose the following changes. I think that will be very successful.

·
-> Killer Extreme Arceus can also be a headache. His team is something offensive and an SD slot can clean everything. To be honest, I think it would be best to remove Scarf by Rocky Helmet / Charti Berry. In this way it is a safe and threat to the king with PDon, of course.

· Second point. Change to
by Bronzong. Key Chain by bell (?) Well, both they stop to Xerneas solidly, but here's help Bronzong is good. The keychain can disturb or annoy, but if you make the change number them with the same, but better quality, as Gyroball. Note that you can curb Mega-Salamence, something that if you have Klefki EQ can not boast.

·
-> Latios in an offensive team can have their position, but rather one that is balanced and preserves where Latias. Therefore, my suggestion is to remove by Scarf Xerneas. Yes, we must have an answer for the present and annoying Darkrai Dark Void. It is something like the Brave Bird TalonFlame. Sleep Talk + MoonBlast as pure movement damage, enough. I consider that set of the best. I'm not a fan of Geomancy, but it is always a danger.

· And to finish with this part, there is still one last step to show. Well, DarkCeus commented on his set that is innovative and that may surprise you. I do not know if it is feasible to take it that way. For my taste, would remove by RockCeus. I imagine this was evident. Forms a very strong minority Bronzong & Yveltal companions. It is my favorite cores. Fun to play and results, what better. Ho-Oh is always an offensive beast for any team, exept if you put a RockCeus in your life. Goodbye pain.

All told, with nothing more to add, everything would be as follows.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Precipice Blades

Yveltal @ Charti Berry / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic / Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Protect

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

Red (Latias) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment

Nothing, so far I can write, haha. I hope I've helped. I am passionate Ubers and passing through this part of the Forum, could not stare. Have good luck, man.

Hi, PsychoX great Ubers team.

Not bad that Yveltal Scarf + U Turn. It is useful to know what will the opponent and take the lead or pressing. But as you mention, you're too weak to any fairy. Although the primary is Xerneas. Any sets can create problems. You depend on keeping PDon and Klefki, which are the only pieces that fit whenever you situation. One thing in OU rarely have seen a case like this, but ... I really rent out Latias Latios + on the same team? I do not think so. In fact, I think it can hurt and optimized. In your place, I personally would leave Latias. It has more bulk and acts with Defog + Roost / Recover. I see you've wanted to go with the innovation DarkCeus. I've never tasted anything like it, I'm not sure if it works. But Whirlphool + Perish Song interesting. He had previously seen a version well in WaterCeus, but not Dark. It's okay.

Coming here, I would propose the following changes. I think that will be very successful.

·
-> Killer Extreme Arceus can also be a headache. His team is something offensive and an SD slot can clean everything. To be honest, I think it would be best to remove Scarf by Rocky Helmet / Charti Berry. In this way it is a safe and threat to the king with PDon, of course.

· Second point. Change to
by Bronzong. Key Chain by bell (?) Well, both they stop to Xerneas solidly, but here's help Bronzong is good. The keychain can disturb or annoy, but if you make the change number them with the same, but better quality, as Gyroball. Note that you can curb Mega-Salamence, something that if you have Klefki EQ can not boast.

·
-> Latios in an offensive team can have their position, but rather one that is balanced and preserves where Latias. Therefore, my suggestion is to remove by Scarf Xerneas. Yes, we must have an answer for the present and annoying Darkrai Dark Void. It is something like the Brave Bird TalonFlame. Sleep Talk + MoonBlast as pure movement damage, enough. I consider that set of the best. I'm not a fan of Geomancy, but it is always a danger.

· And to finish with this part, there is still one last step to show. Well, DarkCeus commented on his set that is innovative and that may surprise you. I do not know if it is feasible to take it that way. For my taste, would remove by RockCeus. I imagine this was evident. Forms a very strong minority Bronzong & Yveltal companions. It is my favorite cores. Fun to play and results, what better. Ho-Oh is always an offensive beast for any team, exept if you put a RockCeus in your life. Goodbye pain.

All told, with nothing more to add, everything would be as follows.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Precipice Blades

Yveltal @ Charti Berry / Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic / Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Protect

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

Red (Latias) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment

Nothing, so far I can write, haha. I hope I've helped. I am passionate Ubers and passing through this part of the Forum, could not stare. Have good luck, man.

Thanks dude! I'll definitely take those into consideration.

Hey there! Although you missed a few changes that have happened since to the Ubers metagame, I don't consider the team bad at all. Let me recommend to you a couple of things. =)

The team covers some of the common threats such as Groudon-Primal, Xerneas and maybe Ekiller but unfortunately, other mons such as Mega Salamence and Ho-Oh are a complete nightmare for your team.
Why are they a threat?
after one Dragon Dance it is nearly unstoppable because it forces you to switch into Klefki or PDon and if it's able to kill them both, it will leave you without Xerneas' checks which can be troublesome as the half of your team is weak to the Fairy typing.
The main issue with
to your team is you don't have any decent switch in, this powerful bird 2HKOs nearly everything on your team which can be very stressful to deal with.
Solution~
This is why you should consider Arceus-Water instead of Arceus-Dark, Waterceus is able to check the aforementioned threats thanks to its solid stats and typing, and as a bonus! It can also help vs Mega Diancie.

Another change that you should also implement is take out Latios and use
. Mega Gengar fits pretty well, it's an excellent wallbreaker and good at trapping some hazards removal like Arceus support, benefiting your team so you will be free to put hazards without worrying about a defogger in your opponent's team.
Lastly, Scarf
is quite unique but it's not very good and rarely time fits. I'd like to recommend Black Glasses/Life Orb instead of Scarf this will let you to pressure your opponent ent a little and even more if you have hazard on his field.
Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Judgment

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Focus Blast / Destiny Bond
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

Yveltal @ Black Glasses/ Life Orb
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Roost / Knock Off

Hope I helped, good luck with your team!

Calais

Banned deucer.
I'll give you a different rate approach that attempts to mitigate your weaknesses to flying types while also keeping the balance approach to your team. You don't have a mega as is and the darkceus set you are using is basically a trapping set so I would suggest using Gengar. I would prefe the hex/hypno or hex/wisp set but it's totally up to personal preference. With your arceus-dark gone you free up the slot leaving you with an arceus to slot to spare. I would suggest running cm arceus rock instead of 4 attacks latios as you retrieve a bird check while also having a win con which was something this team lacked. Finally, scarf yveltal is subpar in my opinion while you still need a sleep absorber so I would suggest band ho-oh. The defogger is up to you as its personal preference between latios and latias. Preferably I find the offensive nature of latios to be more useful as you apply more pressure but I'll leave that to you. Here's an importable of the team with said changes.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Heal Block
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Spikes

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 208 HP / 244 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Judgment

Latios @ Soul Dew
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Grass Knot
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Protect
- Focus Blast

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Brave Bird

Last edited:
Reactions: hyw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)