JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
uploading -mz
sketch1543247673790.png

**artwork by me**
Not as cute as Butterfree

[OVERVIEW]

Beautifly is an especially atrocious Pokemon. It may have access to Quiver Dance, but its horrendous bulk, subpar Speed, bad defensive and offensive typing, 4x Stealth Rock weakness, and lack of useful abilities or definable niche make it impossible to justify using over Lilligant or Bellossom thanks to their better stats overall and their ability to set up using Sleep Powder or Strength Sap, respectively.

[SET]
name: Quiver Dance
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 2: Bug Buzz
move 3: Hidden Power Fighting
move 4: Roost
item: Buginium Z / Life Orb
ability: Swarm
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Beautifly can attempt to sweep with Quiver Dance. However, its subpar stats, shallow movepool, bad defensive typing, and lack of any definable niche over other Quiver Dance sweepers make it an abysmal option in general.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[JustoonSmitts, 239732]]
- Quality checked by: [[UberSkitty, 355061], [Megazard, 202117]]
- Grammar checked by: [[frostration, 447027]]

Last edited by a moderator:

UberSkitty

Assist Skitty was banned from NatDex Ubers
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
View attachment 147552
**artwork by me**

[OVERVIEW]
Beautifly may have access to Quiver Dance and Iron Defense to boost both of its defenses, but its horrendous bulk, subpar Speed, bad defensive and offensive typing, 4x Stealth Rock weakness, lack of useful abilities, and shallow movepool (while its movepool isnt something to write home about, its not terrible)make it impossible to justify using using Liligant (Lilligant)or Bellossom thanks to thier (their)access to Sleep Powder, (bell doesnt run sleep powder)better coverage options(I wouldnt call hidden power better coverage), better stats overall, and stronger STABs.(no, bug buzz does as much as eball and more than giga drain)

[SET]
move 2: Iron Defense
move 3: Bug Buzz
evs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Beautifly's very tiny niche over other Quiver Dancers is its ability to boost its Defense with Iron Defense, but its weak bulk, bad defensive typing, and lack of Sleep Powder make it inferior to Lilligant and Bellossom(again, bell doesnt run sleep powder). Bellossom in particular invalidates Beautifly's niche thanks to Strength Sap, which gives it a psuedo-boost to its Defense (just say it lowers the foes atk or something)and recovers its HP in one move.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[<JustoonSmitts>, <239732>]]
- Quality checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]
QC 1/2
Dancing Skitty Stamp - Small.gif

Reactions: gum

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
**artwork by me**

[OVERVIEW]
Beautifly may have access to Quiver Dance and Iron Defense to boost both of its defenses, but its horrendous bulk, subpar Speed, bad defensive and offensive typing, 4x Stealth Rock weakness, and lack of useful abilities make it impossible to justify using using Lilligant or Bellossom thanks to their better stats overall and their ability to set up using Sleep Powder and Strength Sap, respectively.

[SET]
move 2: Iron Defense i would just replace this with an actual attack, dustox is already QD+iron def and frankly it doesnt make any sense for beautifly to run this over, like, HP fighting I guess. also since HP fighting would be a less important move, put bug buzz in slot 2 and hp fight in slot 3
move 3: Bug Buzz
evs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe max special attack instead

[SET COMMENTS]
Beautifly's very tiny niche over other Quiver Dancers is its ability to boost its Defense with Iron Defense, but its subpar stats and bad defensive typing make it inferior to Lilligant and Bellossom. Bellossom in particular invalidates Beautifly's niche thanks to Strength Sap, which lowers the foe's Attack and recovers its HP in one move. yeah just change the iron def bit. it doesnt really have a particular niche anymore but like, it didn't before cuz dustox legitimately straight up outclasses the current set

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[<JustoonSmitts>, <239732>]]
- Quality checked by: [[UberSkitty, 355061], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]
stamp.gif
2/2, sorry for changing all that set stuff for just a mini

frostration

i probably have a headache
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove
[OVERVIEW]
Beautifly may have access to Quiver Dance, but its horrendous bulk, subpar Speed, bad defensive and offensive typing, 4x Stealth Rock weakness, and lack of useful abilities or definable niche make it impossible to justify using using over Lilligant or Bellossom thanks to their better stats overall and their ability to set up using Sleep Powder and or Strength Sap, respectively.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Beautifly can attempt to sweep with Quiver Dance. However, its subpar stats, shallow movepool, bad defensive typing, and lack of any definable niche over other Quiver Dance sweepers make it an abysmal option in general.
GP 1/1
frostration-GP-small.gif

JustoonSmitts

I draw stuff for a living
is a Top Artistis a Contributor to Smogon
add remove
[OVERVIEW]
Beautifly may have access to Quiver Dance, but its horrendous bulk, subpar Speed, bad defensive and offensive typing, 4x Stealth Rock weakness, and lack of useful abilities or definable niche make it impossible to justify using using over Lilligant or Bellossom thanks to their better stats overall and their ability to set up using Sleep Powder and or Strength Sap, respectively.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
GP 1/1
View attachment 154855
Thank you, frostration! This has been implimented.

We're all done. Thank you, everybody! :psyglad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)