ORAS Ubers Bringing In The Flames -Uber BO Team- at 367 on the ladder and rising

Hey guys! This is my first RMT with a team that I just made, and wanted to hear all of your thoughts on it! So originally, I made this team to just have fun with with a friend of mine, and we just wanted to bring general heat together. So instead of my current mega, I was using mega sharpedo for the lols. Anyways, after that, I took a challenge to use a serious team and to get into the top 500 of Ubers. So challenge accepted. Here's the result!

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

While I liked the team in general. I've noticed it was lacking any way to deal with Darkrai's dark void. Or Bulky Lugia w/ Toxic. So I decided to kill two birds with one stone, and went with a magic bounce user. My choices in that were between Absol, Sableye, and Diancie. I wanted to put in more work against opponents and went with Diancie. This is a fairly common set, but it's effective enough. Not only does it put in a lot of work against more bulky teams due to the magic bounce ability, but also puts it work against common threats like Kyurem-w, Zekrom, Giratina,Llugia, Ho-oh, etc. Making it a valuable asset to the team.

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 Atk / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force

Giratina-O here is an absolute monster on this team. Not only does he have some really good bulk, and is a reliable defogger, he's great at forcing switches, doing damage, revenge killing, and bringing my team together. I originally had him because I needed a Kangaskhan switch-in. But after actually laddering with him, he's been proving to be more and more useful. The EV's are for doing butt loads of damage with physical moves, especially shadow force making it easy to kill mons such as primal Kyogre and Xerneas (if the choose to setup Geomancy that first turn), and the defense is for avoiding getting downed by Shadow claw from a +2 Arceus,

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Now I know that Rayquaza looks weird, bu let me explain frens. Rayquaza serves as a huge check to primal Groudon, either spooking it out with aqua tail, or just doing roughly a billion percent to anything that decides to come in on an unresisted dragon ascent. With the Max Ev's in attack and speed, Rayquaza has 56% chance to OHKO a max hp Kyogre running the set of calm mind + 3 attacks. Rayquaza also has a 68.8% chance to OHKO the primal support Groudon from full as well. Mind you, those builds often come with HP investment, so with the more offensive versions of each mon, the chance to ohko rises.

Arceus-Fire @ Flame Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Thunder
At this point in time, I was thinking. "Hey my team looks like Xerneas food right now". Which is why I decided to based god Arceus to join the squad. While it doesn't put in the work against Xerneas I would like it to (i.e. getting 2hk0 by moon blast), it still is extremely fun to use, and punishes those who bring in mons such as Ferro or Skarm to ubers. It's set is still a little odd, but it does do chunks to both primals through sun-boosted judgment and thunder in the rain as well. Thunder also assists in hitting Ho-oh, Lugia, and Yveltal too, so that's neat.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast
Speaking of Xerneas food, here's Xerneas! This pokemon is good for setting up, dealing damage, and just winning after you remove its checks and counters. +2 moon blast does loads to everything that doesn't resist it, and can really be helpful for turning a match around and pulling a late game sweep. Though my set doesn't cover Arceus-Poison. It covers steel, both primals, and everything not that with Moonblast. The only mons that can effectively counter this set are bulky Aegislash, and Arceus Poison, so it is of up most importance to make sure to remove those threats out of the way to allow Xerneas to sweep.

Oml (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Finally one of the most over played pokemon in ubers, and for good reason too. Primal Groudon. Though I've seen special, rock polish, mixed, I prefer the bulky form. This not only checks setup attackers with roar, sets up rocks, but also checks Xern post geomancy, and primal Kyogre (Ironic, isn't it?). It's probably one of the better pokemon to use. The mons that spook out Groudon are possibly Rayquazas, Primal Kyogre (when they get the primordial sea up of course), or Arceus-W because those mons are the most effective at actually doing water type moves, or just stalling out Primal Groudon in general.

So Enjoy the team! And thanks for reading!

Also, proof of peak

And some replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-432642987 [Vs at the time a top 250 ish player]
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-432530410 [Reading the opponent like a book]

Good luck guys and thanks for reading!

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

EVs: 248 Atk / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Shadow Sneak
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Dragon Ascent
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Arceus-Fire @ Flame Plate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Recover
- Thunder

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

Oml (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Here's the import btw

Last edited by a moderator:
Hai there and welcome to smogon~
The team looks nice at first glance, as you already know the pokemon who gets all the attention here is Arceus-Fire. I respect the idea but to be quite honest Fireceus is not the best form for this team and there are a lot of other forms that work better on this team than fireceus.

The main problem is that having Fireceus on the team has some issues to deal vs certain threats such as Mega Salamence which is really annoying especially if it carries Earthquake, there's nothing in the team that can revenge kill Mega Mence. Rayquaza and Primal Groudon can be also threatening if Giratina-O is weakened.

Alright, to give more ground coverage I suggest you to replace Arceus-Fire with Arceus-Water. Waterceus fits perfectly in your team as it will help you a lot against the aforementioned threats, giving solid physical resistance.
I know that one of the rolls of Fireceus was being a check of opposing Xerneas but trust me, there are other ways to check this mon and one of them is Klefki, thanks to its Steel typing + good special defense, this is why you should consider
over
your second fairy type which is
. Furthermore, Klefki can set up Spikes allows the team to wear down the opposing team with ease.
Lastly, if you follow my suggestions, consider Hex on
since the damage will increase if your opponents his/her pokémon is affected by status, this set has Will-O-Wisp which helps vs Arceus-Normal(Ekiller) and many others.
Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Judgment

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

EVs: 212 Def / 228 SpA / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

That's all, hope I helped and good luck with your team. n_n

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)