ORAS Doubles OU Brotherly Bond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I'm really addicted to the world of Pokemon these days, and in that addiction, I've taken my brother with me. So he's made a team too, and he would really appreciate it if you would give him some pointers.

Fine print: They're gonna be WHOPPER pointers. Please keep in mind that my bro is only 10 years old, and constructed this team with little knowledge of the common tricks of the metagame. Thank you for understanding, so go pretty light with the criticism. And excuse the weird nicknames.

UNbreakable!!!!! (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Iron Head
This is my bro's attempt at a Toxic stall + IronGrace set on his Jirachi. It spreads status with Toxic, severely hampering Pokemon that already undergo affects that drain HP, like Life Orb. Iron Head is your usual flinch-hax, and Wish + Protect helps its longevity. As a bonus, it can switch into Poison for Azumarill and Clefable.

Awesome guy (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
Your usual Belly Drum set. Helps KB and MegaCX significantly by dealing with fellow Dragons like Garchomp and Salamence.

Get buffed bro!! (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect
- Iron Tail
I honestly don't know where my brother was going with this. feel free to make a new 'mon for this slot.

Falcon Own!!! (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
The average Mega Charizard X set. Helps out Azu by destroying bulky grass types with Flare Blitz. Sweeps very well late-game.

Poison owner (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
Despite the name, it's a technician Breloom. Apparently, my bro was borrowing off my "Blue and Firey" set, making his core Identical to mine.

The Wrecker (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost
The last piece of inspiration he took from me. Meant to dish out powerful special hints, in contrast to the otherwise physical offense. Gets very good coverage with three diverse moves, and Roost is used to heal LO damage.

Thanks for taking your time to help my bro. he really appreciates it. Please try not to go too hard on his non-existent Pokemon skills.

Hello! As you might have figured, there are certainly quite the flaws in this team, but I will try my hardest to be constructive in the critism so that we may help your brother, not destroy him

1-Doubles is a very fast paced meta, therefore games are really short ( maybe 10 turns average), so there is so little room for stall. So in the end, what I'm getting at is that toxic is unviable. you will barely score damage using it withi such short turns. Wish kinda follows the same logic imo. Instead, jirachi functions better as support, with follow me and thunderwave. These 2 moves help with protecting (you can redirect hits from your +6 azumaril so it sweeps !) , and crippling, way mor useful than around 2 turns of toxic. Same applies to leftovers (there are exceptions tho) so I'd suggest sitrus berry, but mostly safety goggles, because sleep is quite common, but its a choice. Recomended spread is also: 252 HP / 68 Def / 80 SpD /108 Spe . it has a few recomended things that accomplishes using this EV spread.

2-knock off isnt useful on azumaril, since you will mostly spam Aqua Jet or play rough, therefore you should put Protect>knock off because your belly drum sweeper will need to fend off double targets (the 2 pokemon hitting azumaril).

3-Honestly, cleffable isnt great in Doubles, it has no particular aspect that's helpful in this format. you should try perhaps zapdos. Having breloom and azumarill, tailwind can help a lot, and zapdos can help tank kangaskhan hits !

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind

This set provides tailwind, which your azumarill and breloom really would appreciate, and it backs up charizard X when it's short on ddances. I'd use this spread on azu in the case u go with this tho : 164 HP / 252 Atk /92 Spe

4-I am not too keen on charizard X in doubles, but it isnt extinct, and u can fake Y i presume, altho its kinda easy to tell from your team. Just have protect>roost , mainly for the same reasons on azu, and you probably wont have time to roost anyways between double targets, setting up and sweeping.

5- your breloom set is okay, just make it jolly , and have it have a focus sash>lo, as i find it more useful, but its a choice
however protect>rock tomb

6-
Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Protect

Sub kyurem is already a really strong pokemon, even if it's slightly worst with the hoopa addition. It breaks appart many teams, and a kyurem sub is sometimes hard to break when set at the right position. However this here is also a choice, exept protect>roost

So before you think I am obsessed with protect, This is in fact very normal in dou, as it kinda is the most important move in the meta. I specifically ask you read this for explanation as it migth help a lot!! goodluck, I hope i helped. If You have questions, i'm a voice (+) in the doubles room, so do find me and ask !
http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ks-and-q-a-thread—read-before-asking.3498688/

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello catking101 , and welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)