252 Attack/ 116 HP/ 140 Speed
Nature: Adamant
Ability:Skill Link

Moves:
Close Combat
Rock Blast
Pin Missle
Substitute

This is just your standard Mega Heracross set, but the EV's are set to maximize wall breaking potential while still having some bulk and being able to out speed Landorus-T. It gets pretty easily worn down but it can make a decent dent on Lando Even at -1 and can take out a weakened Landorus-T with Close Combat. Rock Blast and Pin Missle are their for what Close Combat can't hit like bulky Psychic Types or in Rock Blasts case coverage for Flying Types. It's whole game plan is to set sub's on slower mons and try to get as much damage out as possible and switch out when the sub is broken.

Landorus-T
244 HP/ 248 Defense/8 Spdef/ 8 speed
Nature:Impish
Ability: Intimidate
Item: Left Overs

Moves:
Earthquake
U-turn
Stealth Rock
Knock Off
The standard Lando-T set used as a pivot for physical Mons that aren't Medicham. It's role is to set rocks either as a lead or when you find the opportunity to get it in with volt switch or U-turn. Once done getting rocks up either spam Quake or Knock off on your opponents switch ins, than use U-turn if knocked off or the switch in can't be hit by Earthquake or doesn't take to much to Earthquake.

Rotom-W
252 HP/ 162 Def/ 92 Spdef
Nature: Calm
Ability: Levitate
Item:Left Overs

Moves:
Hydro Pump
Volt Switch
Pain split
Wilo-Wisp
A mixed Rotom-W pivot, it still counters what it does such as Azumarill, Landorus-T and Talon, but can also come in on Bulky Water Types and specifically Tornadus-T and Clefable. It can't pressure Clefable, but it can Volt Switch on the Moon Blast or what ever it decides to do. Oh and this set only handles Scarf Keldeo and can take a hit from life orb but it will be like 45 to 60℅ of its HP depending on the move it picks.

Tornadus-T
96 HP/ 160 Spa/ 252 Speed
Nature: Hasty or Timid
Ability:Regenerator
Item:Assault Vest

Moves:
Hurricane
Focus Blast/Super Power
Knock Off
U-turn

Torn is my check to Keldeo, while also dealing with bulky Grass Types that this team would be having a hard time with. It is another pivot that is meant to get Heracross in on the U-turn. If not using U-turn just like Landorus-T, spam knock off or its stab move. It can be switched between Hasty or Timid if you want Focus Blast(for focus blast Timid) or super power(Hasty) for Heatran.

Excadrill
252 HP/ 252 Spdef
Nature: Careful
Ability:Mold Breaker
Item:Left Overs

Moves:
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Iron Head
Rapid Spin

This is my Lati and Clef Check, it's just a spinner so Torn won't get worn down quickly, and overall just preand can throw out quakes or what ever move it needs to at the moment, Iron head on Clef, Rock Slide on any flying type that might want to switch in and Earthquake on anything that isn't flying or resistant to it. It can work as a Diance Check but in my opinion it isn't the best at that, as it gets worn down by hazards and gets quickly weakened by earth power and also hp fire

Latios
252 Spa/ 252 Speed
Nature: Timid/Modest
Item: Life Orb/Specs

Moves:
Draco Meteor
Psyshock
Surf
Roost

Lati is my preferred Keldeo or Manaphy check, if not it is usually my revenge killer or secondary wall Breaker with specs. If I'm running specs modest is an option, but generally I prefer Timid. Specs helps secure the OHKO on manaphy but with prior damage life orb can do just as well. Surf is for a weakened Tyranitar or Heatran. If it's specs it generally should be dropping Draco's unless any Fairy types want to switch in.

Threats to this team are strong hitters that carry ice coverage or are ice types such as such as Specs Keldeo with icy wind, Scarf Kyurem B, Medicham and Lopunny.

Last edited:

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hi Cham_Slam , interesting team you has here, i like your idea to use heracross-mega with volturn support to gain advantage for a potential wallbreaking against offensive and stall builds, after making an analysis about tour team's weakness i think this build have hard time against Fairy types as Mega Gardevoir and mega Diancie, which have a lot of room to do damage, also must consider that Excadrill, your only switch to Hyper voice/Moonbalst and take a lot from Focus Blast and Earth power, we must also consider the fact that Excadrill is slower than Gardevoir and Diancie, then comes difficult for you to eliminate it, in general I must say that your team is quite slow reasoning that your team has a lot of problems in beating faster threats as Mega Alakazam , at last i think you have a bit of issues with Dark types such as Bisharp and Weavile , since your mega Heracross is a bulky variant and then is slow, its easy to Bisharp catching the flinch with Iron head, also Bisharp can take advantage from Landorus's intimidate, and if it setup a SD it sweep the team really easily, my rate will try to cover these threats keeping the main idea of the team .

>

At first, since your weakness to Weavile, Mega Gardevoir, mega Alakazam and dragons of the likes of Surf Latios and Kyurem-black i'd suggest Scarf Jirachi over Excadrill, Jirachi is a cool addition for the team since it can outspeed these aforementioned threats and can provide momentum using u-turn, pivoting into steels type and putting mega Heracross in the field, also it provides Healing wish support, that can be very useful to heal mates which are a potential wincon against opponent's team.

>

Since the team suffers a lot the dark types, suggest you use specs Keldeo over Tornadus-t , Keldeo provides a good offensive presence thanks to the Specs, which also exploits them from your Volturn core as mega Heracross did, also recommend using Hp Flying as 4th slot, this can be useful to deal better with grass types such as Tangrowth, Amoonguss and mega Venusaur that becomes more annoying since we have removed Tornadus-therian.

~ Small Changes ~

Your team is a bit weak to water types such as Azumarill and Crawdaunt, so i'd suggest you to put 88 speed evs, with this investment, Rotom-w can outspeed the aforementioned threats and being faster it can burn or weaken these pokemons.

With the removal of Excadrill, Thunder wave Clefable looks more scary than before, to fix a bit this problem, i'd suggest you to use Psychic over Psyschock, with Psychic, Latios is able to 2hko the common bold Clefable, it can ohko mega venusaur and Amoonguss, which was not able using Psyschock before.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Heart Stamp

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

That's all, hope i've helped man, and GL with your team :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)