CAP 11 CAP 11 - Part 15 - Dex Poll 2

Decks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is the last poll in CAP 11. Congratulations to everyone who participated!

Our CAP so far:

DougJustDoug said:
DougJustDoug said:
Name: Perfect Mate

General Description: Pick a good-but-not-great OU pokemon, and design the perfect teammate for it, similar to the way Celebi & Heatran, or Blissey & Skarmory complement each other so well on competitive teams.

Justification:
This would allow us to explore in detail how synergy between two pokemon can be achieved, because currently there are only a few perfect teammates in OU. And depending on the base pokemon we choose to give a "perfect mate", we can open a new niche in the metagame based around the efficient pairing.

The niche we create will be inherently tied to an existing pokemon in the metagame, which should provide a natural limitation to prevent this concept from being broken or "too different" from standard OU.

Questions To Be Answered:
  • Is the base pokemon's usefulness (and usage) in the metagame increased as a result of having a "perfect mate"?
  • What strategies are more effective for the base pokemon, as a result of having a perfect teammate?
  • What are the most effective aspects of the new pokemon, for purposes of making a great teammate with the base pokemon?
  • Is the new pokemon viable in the metagame without the base pokemon as a teammate

• Typing: Fighting / Dark
    Stat Spread: 90 HP / 85 Atk / 80 Def / 105 SpA / 80 SpD / 110 Spe
    Abilities: Volt Absorb / Lightningrod
    Name: Voodoom
    Movepool:
    Code:
    [B]Total Moves:[/B] 74
    [B]Total VGM:[/B] 35

[B]Level Up[/B]
    H Wrap
    H Revenge
    H Night Slash*
    --- Astonish
    --- Copycat
    --- Pain Split*
    --- Spite
    7 Pain Split* (repeat)
    11 Spite (repeat)
    15 Grudge
    19 Charge
    20 Follow Me
    25 Pin Missile
    30 Faint Attack
    35 Close Combat*
    40 Acupressure
    45 Aura Sphere*
    50 Substitute*
    55 Beat Up

[B]Egg Moves:[/B]
    (Egg Groups: Humanshape / Ground)
    Perish Song*
    Smellingsalt
    Screech 
    Pursuit* 
    Memento* 
    Imprison 
    Mach Punch* 
    Baton Pass* 

[B]TMs/HMs[/B]
    TM 01 – Focus Punch*
    TM 06 – Toxic*
    TM 08 – Bulk Up*
    TM 10 – Hidden Power*
    TM 11 – Sunny Day
    TM 12 – Taunt*
    TM 15 – Hyper Beam* (ugh)
    TM 17 – Protect*
    TM 21 – Frustration* 
    TM 27 – Return* (repeat)
    TM 26 - Earthquake
    TM 29 – Psychic*
    TM 31 – Brick Break*
    TM 34 – Shock Wave
    TM 41 - Torment
    TM 42 – Façade*
    TM 43 – Secret Power
    TM 44 – Rest*
    TM 45 – Attract 
    TM 46 – Thief
    TM 49 – Snatch
    TM 52 – Focus Blast*
    TM 56 – Fling
    TM 58 – Endure
    TM 60 – Drain Punch
    TM 66 – Payback*
    TM 68 – Giga Impact
    TM 73 – Thunder Wave*
    TM 75 - Stone Edge*
    TM 78 – Captivate
    TM 79 – Dark Pulse*
    TM 80 – Rock Slide*
    TM 82 – Sleep Talk*
    TM 83 – Natural Gift
    TM 85 – Dream Eater
    TM 87 – Swagger
    TM 90 – Substitute* (repeat)
    HM 04 – Strength
    HM 06 – Rock Smash

[B]Move Tutor:[/B]
    Ice Punch*
    Counter*
    Metronome
    Mud Slap
    Mimic
    Uproar
    Snore
    Vacuum Wave*
    Pain Split* 
    Spite
    Nightmare
    Magic Coat*
    Low Kick*
    Knock Off*
    Submissions:

FlareBlitz said:
    "VOODOOM has stuck a pin in its heart to make sure it never feels anything but pain again. It is said that its true potential is only unlocked when it feels loved enough to take the pin out."
    SgtWoodsy said:
    "Its large needle tends to attract stray lightning bolts. It seems to derive pleasure from being electrocuted."
    Rules:

This will be a single click poll. Simply click on the option you support. Entries with enough support will advance.

This poll will end in approx. 24 hours.

I thought so before, I think so now, FlareBlitz is the only Dex entry to vote on that I've actually liked. And, not only do I like it, I really think it's good.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
FlareBlitz got my vote last round, and he is definitely getting it again. His entry just reminds me so much of actual in-game Dex entries that it is hard to pass up. Also, the alternative is short, choppy, and, in my opinion, lacks emotion.

This was a really tough decision for me, as these are the same 2 entries I was torn between last round, but in the end, I had to go with FlareBlitz again because his pokedex entry is so touching.

I have to go with FlareBlitz again, it's just so meaningful. Looking at them next to each other, it's too bad we can't have two dex entries, like in every new generation of Pokemon that comes out.

This may come as unorthodoxed, but I thought we eliminated the Dex entry step while creating a Pokemon since it has no effect on the Pokemon's abilities at all. Plus, many thought it was just taking up time.

On another note, both are strange entries...

There are people who have been opposed to this step because of how pointless it is in the long run (notably Rising_Dusk whose opinion I get exposed to perhaps way too frequently on IRC lol). It's not quite like the art or name because it doesn't really give any relevant identification to the CAP. This is why I'm starting to believe that the final product should just be posted after the sprite is chosen, maybe even right after movepool...

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The final product not being posted was a miscommunication between Deck and I. I thought I had made it clear that after sprites were done, the final product was to be posted, but somehow Deck missed the memo. After this CAP I'll formally make this part of the process to streamline it a bit more. My bad.

I voted FlareBlitz but most Pokemon have two dex entries (for each game) when they're first released so wouldn't it make sense to just use both of them?

I voted FlareBlitz but most Pokemon have two dex entries (for each game) when they're first released so wouldn't it make sense to just use both of them?
. . . if so I'd rather have a second vote from the begining. I really don't like the alternative to Flare's. I honestly didn't like many of the submissions so I was hoping we just assigned one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)