CAP 28 - Part 11 - Shiny Palette Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Final Submission
sprite3.png

Glossed over the other entries and realized mine was a bit harder to make out visually. Compared to the WIP this version has the new colors noticeably brighter, which makes it much easier to see the details of the sprite.

Final Submission

CAP28 Shiny Palette-1.png.png

I decided to go with the green version over the purple version because I feel like it makes the eyes and grooves on the elytra pop out more. I also pushed the main body/spikes ever so slightly towards red to differentiate from the orange on the tail.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Temporary File 1.png

I'm not sure if there's any particular inspiration behind this one besides it being one of those "shiny gold" shinies. I know that the colors were inspired by Haxorus, but I'm sure there's another subconscious inspiration for the red + black. Maybe Cynder from Spyro?

Edit: Final submitted at Slapperfish's request. :P

Last edited:
Final Submission

output-onlinepngtools (9).png

I am not a very good sprinter myself, which is why I used a website that changes colors for PNGs; that is why some bits, like the head of the beetle bit, look a little wrong. But other than that, this is amazing!

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Disqualifications:
  • Daiquiri Ice: Outline color mismatched with fill color on smoke.
  • JJslem: Outline color mismatched with main color on smoke, lightness values mismatched on "throat" and carapace.
  • LowenCraft: Hue values mismatched on smoke, lightness values mismatched on abdomen, "throat", and carapace.
Everyone makes it to the first poll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)