CAP 14 CAP 3 - Policy Review Committee

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi there.

This thread is for people who are applying to the Policy Review Committee. To quickly recap, the PRC is in charge of discussing policy changes to the CAP Process in general, all of which will be contained in the new CAP Policy Review forum (which everyone can see but only CAP PRC/CAPinet members will be able to post in).

To apply, characterize your involvement in the CAP Project in all areas, including but not limited to: past CAP polls, PR discussions, playtesting RMTs/discussions, CAP analyses workshops, #cap on IRC, etc. It can really only help your case if you provide links to example posts for things like submissions or suggestions.

As an aside, I'm not looking for perfection. There is not going to be a limit on the number of users I accept for the PRC, and I would prefer more to less. I don't care how long you've contributed really, though obviously people who have contributed to CAP longer than others have a larger sample size to talk about. I'm mainly looking for the best users in CAP to step up and start leading again, regardless of join date. If you feel like you have contributed positively to CAP in any way, please feel free to apply. A rejection now will not disqualify you permanently; signups will be open again after every CAP. Inactivity or serious misconduct is the only way to lose PRC status, so you have nothing to lose by applying and quite a bit to gain.

This thread will be open for one week following this post, which is Sunday March 18th at 8 pm EST. Good luck to all applicants! (ps current cap mods need not apply)

I have participated majorly in CAP projects since Voodoom, though I believe my first attempt at a submission was with Krilowatt and my first vote was with Colossoil. I have also been a regular in #cap since Voodoom, becoming a voiced user prior to the start of Necturna and now being an operator. So I'm sure I'm doing something right there ;)

I have participated in policy discussions pertaining to the future of the CAP process, though not so much with the CAP revision/reversion policy threads (that may change in the future if such threads happen). Recent circumstances have prevented me from participating as much as I wanted to in the Tomohawk and Necturna playtests, but my participation in the Voodoom playtest (top 15 testing six teams or something like that) is what I tend to strive to reach, and what I think others should strive to reach. There's also the fact that I am leading the pre-evo process for Whisberry/Necturine ;)

Overall, I'm interested in the future of the CAP community and I would like to be in a position to express said interest.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I'd like to be able to post to the PRC forum 'cause as your friendly neighborhood sim coder, I probably have useful advice on how feasible various ideas are to program, though I'm not sure if this is the right place to apply for that.

My contributions consist of some pretty vague speculation about CAP2 (for example), and writing a simulator (for example). My contributions to #cap consists of having voice for some reason and inviting people to #showdown.

I have been following the CAP process since Voodoom, and have participated in all of the playtests since Voodoom's (although I can't say I did very well at all in Voodoom/Tomohawk, and only participated a little in Necturna.)

I'm currently of voiced status in #cap, and have been battling under the all-CAP metagame as aeo has it implemented for a while now. I also have voted during many portions of CAP2 Necturna's process, as well as Necturine's.

CAP is undergoing a lot of changes, and because of that I feel compelled to at least maintain some level of involvement in order to guarantee that it won't be led astray. I was the last topic leader of CAP, and lead the discussion within that CAP at every front. I was thinking about linking to some of my posts, but they are practically flooding the forum at this point. Beyond CAP 2's TL, I participated as the ATL of CAP 1, and have been an active and contributing member of the CAP forum since CAP 10 of the previous generation. Additionally, I am an ex-moderator of the CAP forum, and am intimately aware of the project's goals, intentions, and core principles. I hope that all of this makes me at least modestly desirable as a member of the PRC.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As someone who was brought to Smogon by the CAP process, I would love to be a part of its PRC. I have been participating in the CAP process since the beginning of Tomohawk, and participated in most discussions and almost all votes that there have been since then in both the main CAPs and the prevo processes, including submitting the winning movepool for Scratchet, Tomohwak's pre-evolution. I was also very much involved in the few PR threads that came up prior to the start of the Necturna process.

Additionally, I have taken part in both of the playtests that have taken place since I joined the CAP community, making sure to test out as many different ways of using the Pokemon as possible. I have also been regularly playing on the new all-CAP ladder on Pokemon Showdown, and have been at or near the top of the rankings since the ladder went up. I am also quite active over on the #cap IRC channel, and have been on it regularly since a little ways into the Tomohawk process.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi its me, macle

I've been involved in cap since the Fluffy cap (cyclohm). I voted in kit and arg but rarely posted. I was an active play tester until cap had no server anymore (voodoom / tomahawk). Currently playing the all cap metagame. I was a server mod. I was a member on the cap updates of pyroak, rev, and sylcant. I am a current PRC member I guess? I think i voted in the last cap election...

I'm currently wanting to get back fully into cap and try to help out.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been participating in some capacity in CAP since Kitsunoh, and heavily from Colossoil to the present day. I take stuff to do with CAP seriously - perhaps sometimes too seriously - and I take pride in what we as a community produce, so I would like to make every effort possible to improve upon it. I am not sure exactly what I can say beyond this as regards my forum contributions - I am always heavily involved in discussions and speak my mind.

Beyond the forums, I try to discuss as often as I am able on #cap and playtest the new CAPs as soon as they are up on the server. I have also written the current Movepool Submissions guidelines, including the VGM definition and current list of VGMs. I'm also fairly sure I've grammar checked a few analyses in the past... and I'm always willing to contribute on a C&C-related front.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I've been in CaP for a long time and everyone knows me.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been in CaP for a long time and everyone knows me.
I don't. Nice to meet you.

True, I'm extremely new when it comes to CAP. However, I feel that I'd be able to contribute here. I only discovered CAP very recently, after I heard discussion about Necturna on Pokemon Showdown. However, I have been battling competitively for a while now, and have knowledge of the OU metagame. While I am a bit fuzzy on the CAP Metagame, I have used a CAP team with success on Pokemon Showdown, CAPping (gotta love puns) at Number 25 on the ladder. I was also involved in Necturna's playtest, and capped at Number 3 on that ladder. In the meantime, I have contributed to Necturine, Necturna's pre-evo, including ideas for Necturine's name, moveset, and dex entry. Thanks for the consideration.

I've been apart of the CAP project for a while, first joining the original Shoddy server. While my forum contribution/participation is nowehere near that (or the amount of a bunch of other members), I've always had an affinity to the project and it's metagame. I always take an interest and pay attention to topics/updates regarding the policy and process. The recently posted changes to the process, I'm actually excited for, and am eager to see what fruits come out of it.

I'm (also) in the process of getting back into battling and general intrest in the game itself. Haven't had much of a chance to get on simulators in recent months, though I've connected a few times within the past couple weeks. I plan to connect on IRC more often as well.

As for knowledge of the game and battling, while not the best, I've always been a decent player and know of the OU and CAP game (though we're gonna build for just the CAP meta now).

Just a couple links from the last CAP for good measure (might as well). One to a post for the typing thread and another for the stat limit thread.

I've been in cap longer than v and everyone knows me

No but seriously, I've been doing some weird mix of participating/lurking in cap since syclant playtesting. I've seen it go through all of its changes and stages, and was a pretty active and notorious player in gen 4. I've contributed in PR threads, been on #cap for like forever, and helped with some analyses and revisions. I kinda stopped participating around the end of gen 4/start of gen 5, but I tried my hardest to follow and vote through most of Necturna, and did a little playtesting for the first time this gen. I also contributed a little to Necturnite by entering the winning stat spread.

Ok. I will be honest

Not everybody knows me and I've been in CAP since Necturna sprites -_-.
Aside of that, I have lurked while I wasn't a member and I'm very accurate.
I like battling alot, but SHowdown is like REALLY laggy so I only play on pokemon online.
I haven't been on any ladder.
Man do I have any positive point?
YES! I love CAP and I know most important people.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I would like to be on the CAP Policy Review Committee because I've been fairly active in CAP and can make well thought-out posts about CAP. I've voted in every CAP since Colossoil and playtested Colossoil and Necturna. I did pretty well in the Necturna playtest, finishing in second behind Rising_Dusk. I haven't been on a PRC in the past, but I've read virtually every thread since Colossoil so I could familiarize myself with the process if that counts for anything.

I participate in #cap on IRC pretty often; I try to go on once a day. I ladder very often on the CAP ladder on Pokemon Showdown!, and have been #1 on that ladder for the past few days with a current rating of 2040, a provisional rating of 2059, a GXE of 89, and a record of 20-4, though those numbers might change by the time this gets read.

Here are some of the posts I've made that I think are pretty good:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3977774&postcount=10
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3371565&postcount=16
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3337371&postcount=36

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
I truly feel embarrassed posting this, because I feel this post certainly could be a lot better, but I'm a little short for time, and otherwise it would take me hours for a post to be up to my satisfaction.

Hello, CAP.

While I don't actually make much posts in CAP, I lurk quite a bit, and a while ago, I read quite a bit of old, locked CAP threads, such as Scylant and Fidgit. I have a amazingly short attention span, which results in a lack of long posts, but if I feel the need, I attempt to voice my opinions on the matter. I feel that being on the PRC will be helpful for myself, as I have unique views on a number of subjects CAPwise, and it would help me a lot getting involved in CAP, something I've certainly been wanting to do.

I watch #cap quite a bit, having it on AutoJoin, lurking during CaP discussions, but rarely voicing my own opinions, for a variety of reasons, one being that I don't feel I can truly express myself on IRC, but I suppose I have to suck it up and talk more. I play on the CAP ladder when I have time, but I don't have an excellent ranking to back me up, as I tend to take random ideas, strategies, and Pokemon, and use them on the one alt I use on the ladder.

Personally, I feel that any and all posts I make in CaP are not amazing, either because of my high expectations of myself in these situations, or because I felt it didn't express my ideas and opinions as well as it could.

All in all, I'd like to be considered for the PRC, and I apologize for how lackluster my post is in comparison to others like capefeather and jas61292, at least in my opinion.

I've been following the CAP process with actual dedication since Voodoom, made my first worthwhile posts entering the Tomohawk prevo art poll, and have become an active member of the CAP community since the start of CAP2, coming in second to Yilx in the main art poll and winning the prevo art poll this season. I am also a voiced member of the CAP IRC channel (if that means anything), and generally try to be a helpful voice of reason therein.
In summary I am interested in the continuing refinement of the CAP process and wish to be able to participate in it. :)

I would like to be on the CAP PRC.

I've been a part of the CAP process since Revenankh (although I lurked during Syclant), I have hops on #cap, I enjoy creating the CAPs themselves (and I would like to be more active during this process as I haven't been the most active person of late), and I enjoy battling with the CAPs as well (I should probably do more of this as well since making a team is an easy enough process).

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Errr... After getting berated by Tennis I guess I should apply :P

I've lurked for a long time. I first joined quite a few years back during Pyroak's play test. I played a lot of CC on the server and I left for a while shortly after Fidget's conception. I kept an eye on the project throughout the time I wasn't active. Voted in Arghonaut's art design thread and generally drifted around during that time. I haven't truly taken part in a full play test apart from Necturna (Attempted to run a Super Fang set with limited success). I ended up 11/7 with 1652 points but I didn't have enough matches to be eligible to be ranked. I've got a reasonable knowledge of the CaP metagame and general DPPt/BW metagames too.

I am usually always in #cap talking to some of the other guys... I haven't been that active on PS! over the last week or so due to Uni work but I'll try and increase that and gain more knowledge of CaP (and some battling style again... I'm super rusty). Tennis gave me Voice in #CaP so I must be doing something right there!

Don't really know what else to say... I'm very much eager to fully participate in the next CaP project (whatever it may be).

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Very well then, since it seems tennisace wants me to apply, I will therefore make an honest application post.

Anyway, there was a time that I was very well known in the CAP community. My involvement with it began at the end of CAP 2 (Revenankth) towards the beginning of CAP 3 (Pyroak), primarily on the old Shoddy Battle server. At the time I wasn't particularly interested in the project as a whole, I just enjoyed the thought of battling with some interesting new Pokemon as well as getting acquainted with a new community. My particular forte (this isn't a pun) was hosting and playing in mini-tournaments on the server, and I ended up running it for a while with eric the espeon. I was eventually awarded a moderator position on the server for much of my contributions there.

By the beginning of CAP 4 (Fidget), I decided to venture off the server and begin getting myself involved with the actual process on the forums. Some of you might remember the typing polls, I wanted Fidget's primary typing to be electric, and we got into some heated arguments with the poison supporters in that thread (By the way, to anyone reading this who has forgotten, all of the old CAP threads are intact, so you can see these posts for yourself if you wish). In the end, poison won, but the experience was a lot of fun. Of course, I wouldn't call myself the most prolific poster on the forums by any stretch, in fact I was and still always have been more active on the server. But when I felt the time called for it, I engaged in some very interesting discussions on the forums, both during actual parts of the CAP process as well as in policy discussion.

This lead to me becoming a forum moderator. With this position, I felt more involved with the process than ever before. Now I was intently reading everyone's posts, and while I ended up butting a few heads with some individuals over certain infractions and criticisms, it was also a fun experience. My life eventually got busier and rougher though, and my interest in Pokemon was waning, so I ended up resigning. That is not to say I left the CAP community entirely, but I generally logged on the server every now and then, as well as provide some perspective in later policy review threads (I always idled in the IRC channel, though), but that was it really. I have not played any Pokemon since Gen IV, so when tennisace stated that he wanted me to post an application here, I was a little taken aback.

However I never forgot my main reason for being a part of the CAP project, and that was the community. Most of my actions revolved around acting in the interests of the community, which I have come to love, first. That community is somewhat different now, and while I haven't kept up with the latest CAP Pokemon, I suppose that I can continue to contribute to pertinent policy review discussions when an "older and wiser" perspective may be needed. And of course, I know that some recent policy changes have heavily polarized the community, and frankly I disagree with some of them. With this in mind, if my opinions are still valued, then I feel obligated to serve on the next PRC.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Congratulations to the first members of the new PRC:

Aerodactyl Legend
aesoft
Bass
Bugmaniacbob
capefeather
DetroitLolCat
DHR-107
Elevator Music
EspyOwner
jas61292
Lady Salamence
macle
Mos-Quitoxe
Rising_Dusk
SgtWoodsy
Vader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)