CAP Pokemon in the CAP Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I'm interested in co-writing an article about the CAP Metagame with cbrevan. Since the main draw of the CAP Metagame is using the the many unique CAPmons themselves, the main focus of this article would be descriptions of the CAPmons and what roles they play in the metagame, and how they fare versus common threats. We'd also include sample importable sets, and potentially a sample team towards the end (we were thinking it could be similar to this article http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue31/cap, written for the BW CAP metagame back in 2013). We likely wouldn't include all 19 CAPmons (we'd mainly stick to the A/S rank threats), as this would be a very large amount of material to cover, but we would definitely be sure to include all 6th gen CAPs so far (Volkraken and Plasmanta).

As far as credentials go, cbrevan and I both have quite a bit of experience in the CAP metagame. We both are consistently in the top 10 on the CAP ladder (he's held the #1 spot for many weeks) and have played hundreds of battles in the current metagame. We are also both room drivers (%) in the CAP Project room on PS, and I can vouch that cbrevan is very helpful to new users, an excellent player, and a friendly guy in general. We both also write analyses for the metagame, found in the CAP metagame subforum. I also currently host the Sample Teams thread in that subforum.

In short, we're both quite involved with the CAP metagame, and would love to see an article for it in an upcoming edition of The Smog!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yeah I'd say this topic is in need of an update. Gonna tag Birkal just to see if he can vouch for you as well, otherwise I'll leave this open for just a while longer to see if others have something to add.

If you and cbrevan are still interested in writing this, sparktrain, I'd consider it approved. ;o; If you don't have access to the AW yet, you can ping Toast++ or Bummer and they'll do that for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)