SM UU Celebi Fhtagn

CELEBI FHTAGN

"It was an idol of an eldritich beast! The wings of a fly, toeless feet, its mystifying heading shaped like the bulb of a plant and coming to a point, the two whimsical antennae resting on its crown, and those eyes...those two colossal eyes piercing the soul!" - The Journal of Professor Silk Cotton, Dated November 1, 1907

In-Depth Look

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

I wanted to build a team around Celebi as it is a fun Pokémon that I rarely use. It acts as a sweeper on this team that will be able to take out Dragon-types, Fighting-types, Grass-types, and Water-types. It also deals with various threats due to its nice coverage. I try to get Celebi in on a Pokémon that it'll either be able to setup on or force a switch to try to take out its counters.

Muk-Alola (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Muk-Alola is here as I felt it went well with Celebi and I haven't been disappointed. It can take quite a few of the threats to Celebi whether it is Fire Punch taking out Scizor, Knock Off/Pursuit taking out opposing Ghost-types and Psychic-types, or Gunk Shot dealing with everything else. It acts as a nice tanky physical attacker on the team.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Scald

Swampert mainly fulfills three roles in this team. First off, it is the Rock setter of the team. Second, it is one of the status spreaders of the team with both Toxic and Scald. Third, it is able to take on Fire types and Steel types that give Celebi and Muk-Alola problems otherwise.

Moltres @ Wide Lens
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane

Moltres also helps out against Steel types that give this team problems. I felt I needed another stronger special attacker on this team and also a hazard remover. Moltres fit both of those roles so I went with a Defog + Roost offensive variant using Wide Lens in order to boost Fire Blast and Hurricane's relatively low accuracies.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

It was becoming apparent to me that I needed something to deal with Special Offense threats. Blissey seemed to be the best fit for this role due to the wide array of Pokémon it can take on due to being a Normal-type. Also of course it is Blissey and thus is the quintessential Special Wall. Heal Bell allows it to act as a status remover and Toxic also gives it the ability to spread status.

Altaria (M) @ Altarianite
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Return

This is the slot I've been most unsure about and have tried a few different Pokémon here. The reason I went with Altaria-Mega is because I wanted something that could deal out some more physical damage as I only have one other physically offensive Pokémon on this team and Altaria with Dragon Dance seemed to fit that role pretty well for the team and is obviously a beast in this meta. I went with the Earthquake/Return variant to give it an option against grounded Poison types/Steel types as well as due to the fact that Blissey already provides status healing for the whole team with Heal Bell.

===

So there is my Celebi based team. Hope you enjoy the ideas behind it and seeing what could be done to overhaul it or patch it up. Thank you very much for reading and for any feedback I receive.

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

Muk-Alola (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Scald

Moltres @ Wide Lens
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

Altaria (M) @ Altarianite
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Return

Hey Nicklypuff interesting team you have here built around Celebi. The main issue I can see with your current team, is it can very easily get swept by Terrakion. It comes in too freely against Pokemon like Muk and Blissey and proceeds to kill everything after a Swords Dance, especially if Swampert is in range of CC. If it has a LO you basically just lose on the spot. This is further solidified with the team lacking a form of speed control to revenge it. You also rely on Moltres as your sole form of hazard removal which forces you into awkward scenarios where you need to go hard in on their rocker just to avoid the 50% chip and to defog. If you run Moltres it needs something else to help remove hazards too. You also lack a steel type which is pretty much necessary for any team, even if you are utilizing a Muk on this squad.

Major Changes:

>
: As I said Moltres as your only form of hazard control is inneficient. Rotom-H is a lot more consistent at removing hazards and still gives you an answer to Scizor. It still threatens the same steel types Moltres did and gives you a flying resist. Thunder Wave is really useful for Malt and Celebi to sweep if you are able to status dragons like Hydreigon and Latias.

>
: Blissey just felt like it was slapped on as an easy fix to tank a few hits. Doublade gives you something capable of handling fighting types like Terrakion and Cobalion. It also gives you that steel type you needed to check things like Celebi and Latias. Iron head is an option if you prefer the consistency and higher PP, just make sure to use an Adamant nature if so.

>
: Hydreigon gives you the speed control you previously lacked. It also gives Doublade some leeway thanks to it also easing the matchup against Celebi and Latias. It forms a nice VoltTurn core with Rotom-H too. More importantly it retains the ghost resist you need to support Celebi and Doublade.

Minor Changes:

(Move change): I changed this to a Refresh variant to ease the stall matchup. It also allows it to use Pokemon like Rotom-H, non roar Empoleon etc. as set up fodder.

(Nature & Move change): I made it an Impish nature because having a weakened Scald really isn't a huge factor. It is a lot more useful to outspeed things like Empoleon, Sylveon and Blissey with the 8 Spe investment. Swampert really struggles to set itself apart from its counterparts, so I recommend trying out Counter > Toxic. It allows it to surprise a lot of physical attackers and stops it getting abused so much by U-turn.

<Click Sprites for Importable>

Cool team once again and hopefully you like these changes. As far as threats go Primarina is a pretty big nuisance, so playing aggresively around it with Celebi and Rotom-H is important. Latias can also be annoying if you let Doublade get chipped too much, but you have a few means of handling it once you figure out what set it is running. If you have any questions feel free to ask and keep up the good work with your builds ^_^

Last edited:
Thank you for the suggestions Twilight. I've been testing it out and after making some playstyle adjustments for the team it has been working out well. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)