Project Core Analysis Workshop (Discussing Partners for Mega Sharpedo + Tank Chomp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Celebi @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Thunder Wave

This set is very fun,
the opponent does not expect this type of set, and many times this factor makes you bring victory home.

I chose WP pass instead of SD pass because Mshapredo can run H.pump for skarm, hippo, and runs Garchomp fire blast

celebi with this distribution can take some super effective hits like lava plume Heatran, u-turn lando / torn-t, knock off Bisharp, so then easily be able to pass the stats to sharp or Garchomp or and another teammate

here relevants calcs:
252 Atk Landorus-T U-turn vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Celebi: 264-312 (65.3 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 Atk Tornadus-T U-turn vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Celebi: 160-192 (39.6 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 296-350 (73.2 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Celebi: 218-258 (53.9 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 148+ Def Celebi: 234-276 (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Weakness Policy is active and does not count as item, (I have not found among the items available in the calc so I think so)

Last edited:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Zen Headbutt
- Healing Wish

Jirachi helps the core to deal with most fairies and Kyurem-B better. Able to flinchhax effectively take out almost all threats to the core barring Thundurus. Jirachi also provides healing wish support for the core which is pretty nifty.

Infernal

Banned deucer.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Flying
- Focus Blast

Priority Thunder Wave provides speed control to help keep DDers like Mega Gyarados, Mega Altaria, and Charizard-X in check, which is very useful considering how threatening they can be to the core. Additionally, Thund is able to check many of the priority users Mega Sharpedo dislikes, such as Breloom and Talonflame. Keldeo is one of the biggest threats to the core, and Thund's ability to keep the pony in check is appreciated. Finally, HP Flying allows Thund to pressure Mega Venusaur, doing 52.3 - 62.2% to Bold variants with 248 HP and 144 SpD. This is crucial because Mega Venusaur walls the given core, so weakening the gen 1 starter down to a range where Mega Sharpedo is able to kill with Crunch is super helpful. Overall a good partner to check several troublesome threats to the offensive teams Mega Sharpedo typically finds itself on.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey so since this round of noms started on Sunday I'm ending it now.

I am incredibly happy that this project has been a success, even to the point of spreading to other subforums. I really appreciate all the contributions everyone has made and I hope you continue to contribute to the new thread.

Infernal is going to be hosting the new thread so play nice guys. The new thread is going to have an updated list of top partners (!) as well as a Hall of Fame so look forward to it.

As per tradition I will not be choosing the top 3 partners for this week. Ok I lied, the top partners are Gengar, Jirachi and Thundurus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)