Cute, but tough! (a 5th gen Ubers RMT)

Hey Everyone, this is my first RMT. So i enjoy Ubers alot, and have found alot more people starting to try ubers, which is great, as it means i have more people to play against. so i've been using this team for a while now to great success, but if there are any improvements or changes that could be made, i'd greatly appreciate your input. alright, so onto the team!

Kitty (Mew) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn

Mew makes an incredible lead, simply because no-one knows exactly what he's doing until he's, well, done it. Lum berry is the item in order to avoid status from the likes of Darkrai (should he try) and Deoxys-S, but i was thinking of using a Sash to at least get the rocks up. Stealth Rock has become standard (which i think is sad, as it means we can't use Moltres or Yanmega or the like), so it's there. Taunt is for slower leads to prevent their set-up. Explosion isn't as useful as it was last gen, but it can still work, and i can't really think of anything useful to replace it with. U-turn lets me get Mew out if i need him at a later point in the battle.

Pillsbury (Reshiram) @ Leftovers
Trait: Turbo Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Blue Flame
- Dragon Pulse
- Nitro Charge
- Substitute

At first, i was Skeptical about using Reshiram. However, after playing with him a bit, he's quite the awesome Uber. Thanks to his ability, Turbo Blaze (which is a clone of Mold Breaker), he can hit every pokemon in the game for at least Neutral damage with just his (Powerful) STAB Moves, Blue flame and Dragon pulse. Substitute helps him get up a Nitro charge or two to boost his speed, and Lefties recovers Substitute damage.

Cutie (Latias) (F) @ Soul Dew/Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 4 SAtk / 16 SDef / 192 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias is one of my favourite pokemon, and there's good reason for that. PO allows Soul dew in DW Ubers, so that's the item i use, but in areas where it is forbidden, Choice specs are a fine replacement. The EVs are pretty funky, but they are to make Latias have as equal defences as possible (before Soul dew). Dragon pulse is obligatory STAB, ice beam hits the many Dragons in Ubers (And Shaymin-S). Thunder because it's really only there for Kyogre. HP Fire lets me take out Scizor by surprise.

H-Man (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Scizor's huge Attack stat means he can be a quite potent threat, even in the Uber tier. Bullet punch is obvious, Pursuit is extra coverage, Superpower helps him take out Steels and Blissey/Chansey, and U-Turn for Secondary STAB and scouting. Not much else to say here.

Cuddles (Giratina-O) @ Griseous Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 96 HP / 212 Atk / 116 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Shadow Claw
- Substitute

Giratina-O is quite commonly using Special attacks, so it's easy to forget he has an identical Physical attacks, along with many moves to take advantage of it. Substitute is neat, and lets him use STAB outrage and Shadow claw on the Dragons and Psychics of the Uber tier. Earthquake rounds out the coverage, and lets him take on steels.

Epic Hero (Shaymin-S) @ Life Orb
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Seed Flare

Life orb Shaymin is a beast. Don't underestimate him, he's cute and all, but he is more than capable of ripping through your team. Seed flare is insanely powerful, and has a 60% chance of lowering the opponent's Sp.def 2 stages. Air Slash is secondary STAB, that also sports a 60% flinch chance. Earth power helps round out his coverage, and HP Fire is for Scizor, who otherwise walls him.

ok, so there's my team, any comments/help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
~Flareon

Quick rate. Calm mind over ice beam on latias as ice beam is usless with dragon pulse. Change explosion to magic coat on mew as explosion was nerfed and magic coat reflects hazards,status and taunt back at the opponent.
Finally your Giritina set is not the best one, may I recomend the mixed attacker from gen 4
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/giratina-o

Gl with your team

Thanks, I'll have to test those changes.

Any other opinions? It's been 24 hours since ^ post, so I'm using my bump

OK first of all I'd put a choice scarf on your shaymin, since at the moment everything in your team is outsped and OHKO'd by Mewtwo after a CM. Also, if you're using Reshiram you'll probably want Groudon in your team to maximise his damage output. Also if you're using a bulky ghost type, for the most part Ghost Arceus outclasses Giratina-O in most areas, although Levitate can be helpful for Gira-O. Also at the moment without a mixed attacker, you might be completely walled by alot of stall teams, but assuming you have Groudon you can give Reshiram Choice Specs and it suddenly removes your weakness to stall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)