ORAS Ubers DeoTina-Offense (peaked #20)

Image credit goes to my friend Auditore,check him out on Deviantart- http://gabrielauditore.deviantart.com/

Hey guys,it's Arik here with my 3rd RMT here on Smogon,for the first time I'm not gonna be doing OU. This RMT will be focused on a team I built for the Ubers ladder,I really enjoy using this team and it has done decently well on the ladder so I thought I'd RMT it before ORAS ends so here it is!

Deoxys was the Pokemon this team was meant to be around,attack form to be exact. This pokemon hits like a nuke and is fast enough to outspeed almost all of the unboosted Ubers metagame.

Next up is Primal Groudon, (coudn't find proper image) this pokemon is something that should be on every team in my opinion,this is my stealth rocker and my only proper Xerneas check,this thing takes hits well and can dish out hard too,also has access to thunder wave which can cripple switch ins like Giratina and Lugia. Not to mention this is the best Pokemon in the tier.

I found my team was weak to E-killer so I included Yveltal in this team. Has good support moves like U-turn and Taunt which helps keep up momentum.

Next up is Arceus Rock, this thing is my go to Ho-Oh and Mega Mence, this thing stops them in their tracks as it avoids ohko from banded Ho-oh and +1 Mence eq.

Next up is Giratina,its my Primal Groudon switch in and my hazard remover,its stab moves are strong and has good neutral coverage + has priority.

Next up is Xerneas,I use the scarf variant with mono Fairy stab. It's my Only Darkrai switch in and can work as a late game cleaner too as 397 + fairy aura boosted Moonblast hits hard.

Lets get right into the sets !

Slim (Deoxys-Attack) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

Deoxys is a nuke thanks to its insane offensive stats and movepool. Ev spread has enough speed to outspeed base 130s like Gengar and Mewtwo , Psycho Boost is its stab move which ohkos stuff like Offensive Groudon , Standard GeoXern. E speed is required priority used to pick off weakened foes ,ice beam can ohko stuff like Yveltal on the switch and 2hkoes Lugia after rocks, Superpower hits stuff like Tyranitar , E killer when they think they can setup on you,only to be picked off by e speed after taking the Superpower hit.

BallOfFlame (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Groudon is my rocks setter,primal Ogre check and Xerneas check. EV Spread is max spdef cause Xerneas is a huge problem to this team, and as much spdef investment as possible is completely required, EQ over Precipice Blades cause I lost a handful of games thanks to it missing so I resorted to EQ. Thunder Wave to cripple GeoXern and stuff like Lugia and Giratina on the switch in. Rock slide cause T wave + rock slide can be annoying for opposing teams and its Ho-Oh too.

ZombieFloatin (Yveltal) @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Sucker Punch

Yveltal is the E-killer check of this team,also soft checks stuff like Mewtwo and Gengar which can be problematic for the team, Charti berry makes sure +2 Adamant Life Orb Edge and I can retaliate with Foul Play which will blow it back thanks to Dark Aura. U turn helps cause Yveltal causes a lot if switchins into Pokemon like Xerneas on which you can U turn and either setup rocks with Don and can ohko with Deo. Roost is Reliable recovery which is hard to pass out on,Sucker is Priority which hits hard even unboosted. EV spread is bread and butter making most of its super high HP and good phys def.

RapGod (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Arceus rock is my primary switch in to stuff like Ho Oh and Salamance , it can also spread status and act as a wincon with CM + Recover. Ev spread gives max hp and max speed. You don't need any investment in defenses to check the aforementioned Pokemon.

DreLookinBoy (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 136 Atk / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Shadow Force
- Shadow Sneak

[/hide]

Giratina is the 2nd star of this team,Checks Primal Don and removes hazard for the rest of the team to function properly ,ev spread focuses on max spa and enough speed to outspeed Rock Polish Groudon. Draco and Force hits like a truck and shadow sneak is priority.

GayLookinBoy (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

Mono Attack Xern is my Darkrai check and can sweep teams late game. Nothing really to explain here.

Slim (Deoxys-Attack) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

BallOfFlame (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

ZombieFloatin (Yveltal) @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- U-turn
- Roost
- Sucker Punch

RapGod (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

DreLookinBoy (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 136 Atk / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Rash Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Shadow Force
- Shadow Sneak

GayLookinBoy (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk

That concludes this RMT , hope you guys enjoyed reading it. Constructive criticism is appreciated,I know the team has its flaws so suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Cool team, I think u should keep a little speed on groudon to out pace the opposing defensive groudon if it ever comes down to that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)