ORAS Doubles OU Don't Let Me Down

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Hi guys. I decided to make a new RMT because I'm out of seasonals anyway (lol) and I wanted to show off how amazing I am at teambuilding /s
Don't Let Me Down

What's up guys, I'm Melo and welcome to my first team. This is my sixth RMT, excluding the ones that I made on my old account (god all of those were so bad ;__;). I built it around the sexy Mega Gengar Hoopa-Unbound core, which is one of my personally favourite cores in Doubles ever.

If you're interested in all of my other RMTs, you can find them here ^_^:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/perfect-tea.3536093/ - Perfect Tea
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cute-skymin.3542560/ - Cute Skymin
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/alright.3560236/ - Alright
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/god-is-gangsta-double-rmt.3564039/ - God is Gangsta

Teambuilding

Both of these are such fun Pokemon to use. I have been interested in Mega Gengar for a while now and I just built around this powerful core that is extremely powerful. Mega Gengar's unique trapping ability is so good and Hoopa-Unbound just beats all kinds of playstyles I struggle with usually.

Raikou was a decently cool idea I think. I used it because CM Raikou absolutely fucked my shit up, knocking me into the loser's bracket last seasonals. I also just wanted an Electric-type to soak up Thunder Waves as Gengar/Hoopa really needed to stay unparalyzed.

Okay honestly I just used this thing because it looks cool and is so good at breaking teams that are just not properly prepared for it. Outside of that, Salamence also provided some dope Tailwind support which I felt was useful.

Conkeldurr is a powerful fighting-type that I hadn't really used so far, but as it has gained popularity in SPL, I wanted to test it out as well. It has useful Wide Guard support which I felt worked well on this team as the composition was weak to Landorus-T as a whole.

Lastly, I added Talonflame because it can offer a lot to teams like these. I went with Steel Wing over Tailwind because we already had Tailwind on Salamence, and because the team was extremely weak to Diancie.

CM Raikou just didn't work. Especially not on a Hyper Offense team like this, which relies on keeping the tempo up. Setting up with Raikou destroyed a lot of momentum that I had, and definitely didn't help with the Diancie matchup. Adding Thundurus was a better solution, as it can both be useful utility and offensive wise.

The other genie of the healthy meta, Landorus-T, replaces Salamence. I wanted Salamence to work so badly but it just doesn't offer anything more than Landorus-T offers. Also, even with offensive Thundurus, I was very afraid of Diancie as I had no switchins. Landorus-T does a good job at this, whilst also pivoting with U-Turn.

At this point I'm still afraid of the Diancie matchup. Conkeldurr still got assblasted by Moonblast, and Aegislash did a better job at utilizing Wide Guard than Conkeldurr. Even though I lack priority now, I still have Talonflame to back me up and dunk people with Brave Bird.

In-depth

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp / Disable / Hidden Power [Steel] / Icy Wind
- Protect

This Pokemon is unique as it is one of the few viable Shadow Tag users on the team, which can massively help its teammates with setting up and dealing damage. I obviously went with Gengarite, as that is necessary for Mega evolution, while also keeping the standard EV spread.

Shadow Ball is an obvious choice, as it is one of Gengar's STAB attacks, which can deal big amounts of damage to Psychic-types such as Jirachi that are meta right now.

Sludge Bomb is a powerful second choice. This actually hit even harder than I expected. It has the ability to do so much damage to anything that just happens to switch in on it, bar things that resist it obviously.

The third move can basically be anything, depending on what you think the team lacks. Will-O-Wisp can be used if you are afraid of physical attackers such as Bisharp and Mega Kangaskhan (which admittedly can threaten this team) and want to cripple them and make them a liability on the field.
You could also use Disable, in case you want to shut down Choiced users. It also allows you to shut down Landorus-T if he's locked in in Earthquake and you're under Tailwind, but that's horribly specific. Hidden Power Steel can be used if you're still afraid of the Diancie matchup (you could honestly use this, it isn't bad). Icy Wind can be used if you want to catch Dragons and Landorus-T off guard, but most of the time you don't want to have Mega Gengar in on Landorus-T anyway. I don't feel like I should slash Taunt here, as you can just KO Azumarill with Sludge Bomb and most Trick Room setters will be crippled by Shadow Ball, Hoopa-Unbound, or Aegislash.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse / Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I decided to use a bit of an unconvential set here. I have thought of using Choice Scarf Hoopa-U earlier but it didn't really work on other teams. The power of Scarf Hoopa-Unbound is that 252+ outspeeds Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T and KOs it with Hidden Power Ice. Really useful in situations like these, when your teams are weak to Landorus-T. The EV spread obviously allows you to outspeed Landorus-T and have powerful special attacks.

Dark Pulse is your core move, as it just allows you to beat Psychic-types easily. Really powerful move, however, it should be noted that Dark Pulse does not have the ability to OHKO Cresselia or Aegislash like regular LO Mixed Hoopa-U would. If you are fine with trading significant damage for the ability to break protection, you could also use Hyperspace Fury, but I would advise against that.

Hyperspace Hole is your second STAB attack which also hits like a truck. Heavy damage coming out and the ability to break protection is just yum. It really changese up people's playstyles, as they'll often times are forced to switch to something that can take a hit rather than just Protect and have an opponent deal with you.

Focus Blast hits all Dark-types and Steel-types that would normally have an easy time walling you. This move has shit accuracy anyway so don't expect it to hit anything.

As I have already explained, Hidden Power Ice is there to hit Landorus-T and anything else that dies to it easily, such as Salamence or something. You generally hit Dragons with other moves anyway, and the more common Flying-types (Talonflame, Thundurus) don't really care about it anyway.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Thunder Wave / Taunt
- Protect

Another unconventional set that I think works out really nicely on this team. As I said previously, this spot used to be filled with Calm Mind Raikou, but as that didn't really work out, I tried out offensive Thundurus and this Pokemon has been working out really nicely because you have the ability to hit Mega Diancie and threaten Landorus-T with a powerful Hidden Power Ice. People that pivot a lot with Landorus-T (such as qsns) can be punished with this.

Flash Cannon was the main reason I used Thundurus in the first place. Being a Flying-type that beats Mega Diancie is just so good, and the fact that you can spread the rest of your aids kit around is amazing.

Thunderbolt is your STAB attack, which does a really nice job at beating Water-types etcetera. All around just a very useful move that can hit harder than you'd expect at times.

The third move is a bit weird, as I decided to go with Hidden Power Ice over Thunder Wave. Again, it's out of fear for Landorus-T, and after taking a Rock Slide, Thundurus can threaten a Landorus with a powerful Hidden Power Ice. Oh, and you can catch qsns' Landorus but I haven't been able to do that yet.

Thunder Wave is fairly cool, as you still have Prankster and can just spread yellow magic around all the time. It is also a more reliable way of speed control, which has the ability to just keep opposing sweepers out of the game entirely.

Taunt can also be used as a bit of a niche move, as it allows you to avoid Jirachi from using Follow Me, Amonguss from Sporing, Azumarill from Belly Drumming, etcetera. Honestly you could use this over Hidden Power Ice, as Taunt seems really good in certain matchups.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower / Knock Off / Explosion

Man why is this thing so good
Choice Scarf and Intimidate is just so good. You can be annoying people with U-Turn all the time, or flinch people with Rock Slide. Really reliable Pokemon that is going to be useful in every single game. Has very little losing matchups, and helps with the Landorus-T and Mega Diancie matchup. I love this Pokemon so much oh my god

I didn't go with a more defensive set because it doesn't provide as much as Scarf does honestly. The thing with the Scarf is that it feels like you have a lot more winning and even matchups than with Assault Vest. Fast U-Turns, being on top of the game with Rock Slide flinches, and being able to close out end-game situations with fast Superpowers are just so worthwile that I decided to not use a defensive set. I also feel like that would kill a bit of the momentum that this needs to start rolling.

Earthquake is your obvious STAB move. Powerful move that can get rid of obnoxious Jirachi Diancie combinations. I don't think it needs much explanation, if any. In case you're afraid of hitting your own teammates, don't worry, as Thundurus and Talonflame simply avoid it, and Gengar pre Mega evolution has Levitate.

Rock Slide can clutch so many situations with "30%" flinch chance. It allows you to be on top of the game at some points and can entirely throw off a players winning situation with flinches. If you're underwhelmed by it's fairly lackluster power, you could use Stone Edge. This also avoids getting walled by Wide Guard. I personally like flinches more though.

U-Turn allows you pivot so well. Get in, spread Intimidate, chip someone, and gain momentum by U-Turning out. This is a crucial move in my opinion, I would use this 100% of the time on Scarf Lando.

Your fourth move can be anything really, but I prefer Superpower for the opportunities to beat Kangaskhan and close out end-game situations by not hitting your own Pokemon with Earthquake or dealing pisspoor damage with Rock Slide.

Knock Off can also be used as a utility move. Really useful against opposing Landorus-T for example, by taking away their speed advantage, or anything really. I tend to not use this though, and I don't think the Dark-type coverage is necessary, as you already have Hoopa-Unbound, and Gengar and Aegislash to deal with Psychic-types.

Explosion can be used as your last move as well. I tested this out (a little too much) and it just didn't work. You might be able to make it work next to Gengar, but honestly just keep your Landorus alive until the end, I don't there is ever a situation you're using Superpower and you're thinking "damn I wish I had explosion now".

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

I went with Safety Goggles because I wanted a viable way of switching into Amoonguss, rather than hope Talonflame is on the field to kill it. This is probably still my preferred Aegislash set and it does so well. I also used to have Conkeldurr in this spot but Aegislash has a much better matchup versus Mega Diancie which was personally one of my biggest concerns. Also, Wide Guard helped immensely with the Landorus-T matchup. In case you get Landorus-T to Earthquake and you have Disable on Gengar, you can shut it down entirely. I think it is not necessary for Aegislash to use Substitute in this case, for the reasons that I mentioned above.

Shadow Ball is a strong STAB move. I don't think this needs much explanation at all, other than that it can hit Psychic-types, just like all other Pokemon on my team >_>

Flash Cannon can OHKO Mega Diancie. I don't think there is anything else to mention other than it is a powerful STAB move which can deal with Fairies and Rocks.

Wide Guard allows you to not die against Landorus-T. Very useful against Earthquake. Fairly straightfoward move. I guess you could use Substitute but honestly that's not worth it in a team that struggles with Lando so much.

King's Shield is a better Protect. Not much else to say to it.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind / Taunt / Quick Guard / Steel Wing / Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Another straightforward Pokemon. I honestly think I can't say much about this other than that it works incredibly well on so many teams due to its priority which just helps in so many matchups. This is my favourite Flying-type without a doubt. The spread is straightfoward, and so is the item. You could use Choice Band but in that case you just miss out on the utility in your third slot.

Brave Bird and Flare Blitz are straightfoward. If you're afraid of Aegislash' King's Shield, you could use Overheat, but that'd require you to use a weird spread and all and I'm too lazy to do that.

Your third move is important. I personally tend to go with priority Tailwinds. It makes for great turn 1 sacs. It also allows Mega Gengar and Hoopa-Unbound to stay on top of the game, which is crucial for frailer Pokemons like these (even though Hoopa has scarf, whatever). Taunt can be useful if you want to avoid Azumarill setting up Belly Drum entirely, or Jirachi to Follow Me. If you're truly afraid of +6 Bunnies on this team though, just use Quick Guard, as that blocks Aqua Jet entirely. I used to run Steel Wing on this team before I swapped it all around, as it is a great move to surprise Diancie, but that's personal preference.

Threatlist
Aegislash
Life Orb

Easily taken care of by Mega Gengar's powerful Shadow Ball, powerful Hoopa-Unbound Dark Pulses or Hyperspace Fury, Aegislash Shadow Ball, Talonflame Flare Blitzes, and Landorus-T Earthquakes. Nice.

Wide Guard
Basically the same as above, but Landorus-T having a tougher time now, as Earthquake can be blocked.

Substitute / German
You have to take care of it (double target) with powerful attacks. I don't think the matchup against Sub Aegis is too poor, but if you're really afraid, you could use Hyperspace Fury on Hoopa-Unbound.

Amoonguss
Rage Powder + Spore

Offensively easily taken care of by Talonflame, spamming powerful Brave Birds. Hyperspace Hole on Hoopa can take care of it as well. Aegislash can switch into it by blocking Spore (and Rage Powder) with Safety Goggles.

Azumarill
Belly Drum

Honestly, this set might give you trouble, especially paired with Jirachi. Talonflame can use Brave Bird to attempt to get rid of it, but Quick Guard Talonflame would also work if you're really afraid. Taunt Thundurus could try to shut down Belly Drum before it sets up as well.

Choice Band
does anyone even use this

Charizard-Mega-Y
Sun Attacker

Talonflame absolutely dicks the sun archetype as a whole, while Landorus-T can use Rock Slide to KO Charizard-Y. Unless you're reaaaally afraid of Charizard-Y, you could use Stone Edge, but honestly that's not worth it as you OHKO it most of the time anyway.

Diancie-Mega
Mixed Attacker

I basically changed up my team six times just because of this Pokemon. Sludge Bomb Gengar can do heavy damage to it, Flash Cannon Thundurus can deal with it, Landorus-Therian can deal with it, Aegislash can deal with it, Talonflame can deal with it if it is Steel Wing. I'm just afraid of having little switch-ins, but I guess it is fine if you have Landorus-T and Aegislash.

Gengar
Mega

I have an Aegislash, Choice Scarf Hoopa-Unbound, Talonflame, Landorus-T, and if I'm desperate I can speed tie with my own Mega Gengar. Shouldn't too big of a deal honestly.

Utility
Icy Wind can be annoying, but as my team isn't really threatened by Taunt at all I don't think I really mind. A Focus Sash can be annoying to break, but it honestly shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Heatran
Substitute

In this case you might wish to run Hyperspace Fury on Hoopa-Unbound, even though it does little damage, just to hit through Heatran's Substitutes. It has a terrible matchup against Landorus-T anyway, but you should always try to avoid Heatran setting up Substitute at all times.

Choice Scarf
Even though people don't use this, Landorus-T still deals with it.

ErupTran
This only really appears on Trick Room I think, and I have three amazing ways to beat Trick Room. Not a big deal I think.

Hydreigon
Life Orb

Pray Focus Blast hits on Hoopa-Unbound. I don't know how much Sludge Bomb Gengar does but it'll probably 2HKO, and Superpower on Landorus probably does as well.

Choice Scarf
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh this thing is gonna hurt, but Stratos called it bad anyway so it shouldn't be a big deal

Jirachi
Follow Me

God this is obnoxious. Anyway, you have Landorus-T to deal with it, as long as it isn't Icy Wind. You have a Mega Gengar to KO it with Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse Hoopa-Unbound, Flare Blitz on Talonflame, an Aegislash to entirely wall it, and possibly Taunt on Thundurus (or Talonflame). This thing only becomes annoying in combination with set up users such as Azumarill, as I have so little counterplay to it sometimes.

Choice Scarf
fuck your awkward sets qsns

Mega Kangaskhan
All Out Attacker

Not too big of a deal if you have Mega Gengar with Will-O-Wisp. Intimidate with Landorus-T can throw it off, Aegislash can try to avoid Sucker Punches with King's Shield, Talonflame can burn it if it has Will-O-Wisp.

Keldeo
Life Orb Attacker

Hyperspace Hole Hoopa, Thundurus, and Talonflame can deal with it. Quick Guard might throw Talonflame off but I don't think it is too big of a deal when you have got other fast attackers. Also everyone is going to keep their Keldeo in versus Hoopa-Unbound to get that juicy OHKO with Secret Sword, only to be surprised by Scarf.

Kyurem-Black
Substitute

woops
>when your best sub kyube check is Aegislash

Choice Scarf
Depends on what the set is honestly. Aegislash can switch in to Ice Beams, the levitators and flyings can switch in to Earth Power, Landorus-T can switch in to Fusion Bolt, Aegislash can switch in to the Dragon STAB

Expert Belt / Life Orb
click x

Landorus-Therian
Choice Scarf

Hoopa-Unbound is specifically crafted to obtain OHKOs on this bitch with Hidden Power Ice. Thundurus can take a Rock Slide (for 60% lol) and KO in return with Hidden Power Ice. Landorus-T can switch in to it with Intimidate and fly out with U-Turn. Wide Guard Aegislash (+Disable Mega Gengar) can be pretty annoying for your opponent sometimes
Assault Vest
this set is bad anyway

Latios
Life Orb

You have a Choice Scarf Hoopa, Aegislash, Mega-Gengar (given the Latios does not outspeed), and a Landorus-Therian that can pivot all the time. Aegislash works as a switch in as well, beautiful.

Rotom-Wash
Choice Scarf

They can Trick their Choice Scarf off to Hoopa-Unbound to obtain...another Choice Scarf! :D
Gets beaten by Thundurus and Mega Gengar as well.
Bulky
Beaten by Thundurus, Mega Gengar, and now Aegislash and Hoopa-U don't care either, because you can just smash them without the fear of getting Tricked.

Talonflame
Life Orb

okay so admittedly this team doesn't do great against Talonflame. You have a Thundurus that outspeeds and KOs with Thunderbolt anyway, and oh you have a Landorus-T that can yet again pivot around and threaten it with Intimidate + Rock Slide.

Thundurus
Offensive

Aegislash does a decent job at checking it? Landorus-T can annoy it with Rock Slide? Bit shaky in this department.

Defensive
Now Mega Gengar is even more awkward of a "check" because you don't want to get Thunder Waved. Talonflame can do like 80% to it with Flare Blitz though which is cool, especially if you run Stealth Rock Scarf Landorus-T B)

Importable
Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect

Shoutouts:
13ulbasaur
You keep posting all these cute gifs and I really love them. Keep being really cheerful, I really love it. Also, you should get less nervous while battling. I'm sure there is a good battler in you but you're just afraid to show it D:
I also got a new phone so you can take the cute dog background off your waitlist ;D

Alexander.
Unfortunate that the Cryonicles had to go out. Even though you didn't have the best record, I'm confident you're going to do much better next year :D
I also really appreciate the Italian porn Skype groups you put me in :')
also give teams for grand slam im too lazy to build old gens
Forza Juve

BlueSkiddoWeCanToo
"YOU'LL NEVER BE AS SMOOTH AS TSUMUGU-KUN" - BlueSkiddo
Thanks for motivating me to stay up til 5am to watch Nagi no Asukara. Overall, you're a really cool / pretty funny dude, apart from the fact that you've already watched an episode of Kill La Kill. What the fuck bro, that was supposed to be a group thing :(

checkmater75
Dope teams, sick team dump, you'll do better next year in SPL. I can't say I haven't doubted you but you have really impressed me, especially for someone who I thought could only play Trick Room. You made one of my favourite archetypes (5 LO), so kudos for that :D

Hashtag
I think I have shouted you out in every single one of these. If you want a personal shoutout just look at any of my previous shoutout sections, you should be in there :D
ily bear

KillianVGC
don't worry Killian, I'll return to League sooner or later! Just keep killing people with Zed, I'm sure you can climb really high with him :D

Laga
I know you're not as active anymore, and that's such a shame. You were a cool dude to talk to, and you're the one who both directly and indirectly got me into Doubles. I can't thank you enough for this, good luck in life bro :D

Level 51
thanks for helping me with spreadsheets when I need it o_o
You're a really friendly guy, it's a shame I only see you early in the morning or late at night D:
Also cutest 15 year old EVER.

Matame
thank god you finally stepped off that Lana del Rey bullshit. I know you're demotivated considering you got KOd out of seasonals r3 or so but honestly just try to step out of your comfort zone and start experimenting. your teams aren't hella dope like i want to see 'em, but i'm sure you have the potential to be a good player.

Nido-Rus
dope teams, good player, nice chat presence. keep it up, you're always a nice friendly dude, which makes me happy to see :D

Paraplegic
sorry for not giving you a S/O last time! Anyway, this time you've got it :3
balance is lame you know that, don't be afraid to try out hyper offense once D:

Pearl
god you're so cute HOW DO YOU DO IT
honestly though, I'm convinced you can get enough points to get to ST21 playoffs. Also you're just really cool and miuna is cute.

qsns
dope as hell player
singles god
cute
has a great manaka avatar
goddamn EVERYTHING is perfect how do you do it
honestly though thanks for testing with me so much recently and helping me out in building, it is an educational experience :3

Roxer
even though you might have been wacky as fuck, I always enjoyed talking with you about League. Then you suddenly left and then dropped a bomb months later. I hope your family and father is doing alright. God bless you and your family.

SpaceBass
you're a cool dude, sorry for the dumb shit I pulled on you a few months ago. I don't really even understand it looking back on it because you're a cool dude and you have a cute puppy.
oh and your pokemon in staffmons is broken
also you're extremely quotable:

http://pastebin.com/AiFcP5UL
http://pastebin.com/pBApsEnw

Stax
you're dope, your team is dope, cresselia is shit. Stop spamming trick room, you're not checkmater. tyvm. I'm sure you're gonna win one of the next 2 seasonals, I'm calling it here already.

thetalkingtree
You're a cool QC mod, and you're always motivating me to do QC in case I just don't feel like it or when I feel uncomfortable with my writing. Keep it up! ^_^

TUO

Yoda2798
You're a cool dude, even though your memes may be off point sometimes (god you went on with John Cena for way too long), but whatever, we still have to watch Kill La Kill together ;D
Keep stayin cool just like the BeeGee's

Crestfall
you're a cool roomowner, sorry for acting like a retard sometimes, I guess I'm still an edgy kid D:

lucqq
STAY AWAY TROLLS
(ps miuna > manaka > chisaki)

Sol and Luna
you're the cutest brazilian ever o_o

teal6
Thanks for tutoring me so much, it's a shame you didn't win SPL or GS but I'm so confident you are going to win trophies soon man. you're fucking good at this game and i really appreciate being tutored by you, as you're one of the nicest people I have ever met on the internet that actually helped me with improving at the game :D

--- Old shoutouts ---
Snaquaza
A fellow Dutchie n__n
We already had a talk on this a few weeks ago but I'd like to say it again;

Thanks so much for hosting Tervari, it has helped me deviate away from a shy kid to someone who could actually communicate with people. Even though Tervari might've been cringey (and edgy as fuck) I still really enjoyed my stay there. I hope you're doing well in life now :D

Platina Kirin
I haven't seen you around in quite a long while, but that's okay. You was really fun to talk to on Tervari, and nowadays too :D

@RealPresent
God I don't even know if you have an account here, but you was really cool on Tervari and all. I hope you and Nam/Platina Kirin are doing well now :D

Anty
man you probably don't even know me anymore, but I still felt like giving you a shoutout, for being a cool friend in like 2013. it's really cool to see how you've made such a huge jump and to see that you're actually a goddam TL now :DD

SpartanMalice
liverpool and mortal kombat are cool

its PZ
/me dance for PZ

Celever
You probably don't remember me either but jesus christ
do you still remember the choice band dodrio team we made in RU? back when there were still luvdiscs on the smogon forum? damn man
been a long time

Crashing, hit a wall
Right now I need a miracle
Hurry up now, I need a miracle

Last edited:
well melo the thing is you did most of any analysis by yourself in the threatlist XD

what i noted down is very minor , but it includes a personal preference to 44hp lando, for the obvious reasons that are a lower u turn, and the extra speed does not really help much, in my opinion, as i have actually survived things thanks to 44 hp.

as you stated, heatran and talonflame are to be avoided . the team is slightly hindered by a well played thundurus, and i am not sure how good you would perform vs a rain team with particularly mega swampert on it.

deoxys attack seems able to cause some unwanted damage as well , and maybe weavile , but thats most of what i got. good job :)

Last edited:

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
well melo the thing is you did most of any analysis by yourself in the threatlist XD

what i noted down is very minor , but it includes a personal preference to 44hp lando, for the obvious reasons that are a lower u turn, and the extra speed does not really help much, in my opinion, as i have actually survived things thanks to 44 hp.

as you stated, heatran and talonflame are to be avoided . the team is slightly hindered by a well played thundurus, and i am not sure how good you would perform vs a rain team with particularly mega swampert on it.

deoxys attack seems able to cause some unwanted damage as well , and maybe weavile , but thats most of what i good. good job :)
honestly in cases like this Shadow Sneak on Aegislash could be cool too but I didn't see there was anything that I could afford to drop on Aegislash. (Sneak would obviously break sashes + aegis walls deo-a anyway).
I don't think anyone uses mega swampert rain nowadays (most people just use kingdra to avoid shitty dragon matchups) but yea that's an interesting observation. as long as i manage to keep speed control up with talonflame it should be an okay matchup but that's obviously easier said than done
the extra speed on lando helps a lot in my opinion, mostly just because you don't want to lose the speed tie vs other landorus-therian and get flinched 6 times in a row by rock slide

thanks for the check though, i agree with you that this has not been my most solid team

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Wow that was a long read, long threatlist, many shoutouts. Cool team otherwise, hoopa gar is always fun.

You should prob use bulky thundy instead of offensive, you really need taunt+twave+bulk to not lose to a bunch of things (p2 tr, kingdra rain, etc). Well actually you still lose to p2, scrafty lead gets a guaranteed set +sweep and you really can't afford qg talon or taunt gar. Maybe you could try trapping p2 and burned intimidated scrafty in and stall out tr till p2 dies. Diancie shouldn't be too big of a problem, you have 4 mons faster than it+aegi.
Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 104 Def / 8 SpA / 132 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

ok, i thought a lot about how to really rate this team.
first of, a mega gengar / trap team really relies a lot on getting momentum. double scarf is cool and suprising, but, like you said in the threatlist, being locked in the wrong move vs. subtran for example (you said it in your threatlist) really sucks and costs a lot of momentum. that's why i would recommend life orb hoopa-unbound which is a big threat for a lot of teams (and i never found it were too slow or something). also i feel like talonflame were just added as a "last filler slot" since it doesnt really accomplish something to the team (besides tailwind, which this team doesn't need anyways). quick guard keldeo gives you a better match-up against belly drum azumarill (which just destroys the team with the right partner) and also checking threats like hydreigon, heatran and kyurem-b i agree with yellow paint that the thundurus should've twave to help against rain, even when i dislike bulky thundy on teams like this since it's too passive. i think you could try out a set i use with tbolt, hp ice, twave and protect @ zap plate EVs: 28 HP / 8 Def / 224 SpA / 248 Spe which i think lives a rock slide from terrakion? last changes would be leftovers > safety googles on aegislash, since i think you already pressure amoonguss enough and taunt > will-o-wisp on mega gengar, i just don't think you need wow on ggar that much and taunt is cool for jirachi and etc

yeah i know my english sucks bla, its 5am here xd, but i hope i helped :)

edit: use 4hp and 16def gengar because
-1 252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 16 Def Mega Gengar: 219-261 (83.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

edit2: sorry if this sounded harsh or something, it shouldn't -_-

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)