SM UU Double Dance Terrakion Bulky Offence

So this team is basically a revitalised version of my first MVenu team which featured Tentacruel, Rhyperior + Cobalion > Crobat, Swampert + Terrakion.
I'm kind of rusty to UU after not playing in a good few months and was wondering if anyone could give some basic pointers on the team. I was attempting to get the Reqs for the suspect test and was doing well at first but started to lose out.

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

The team is essentially built around this mon as a win con. With Swords Dance and the Z-move nuke being able to break through most teams in the meta game. Rock Polish is more there for the late game potential when teams have scarfers/faster mons to revenge Terrak. As I said it replaced Cobalion which was essentially the same set but with Iron head and Fightinum. I felt Terrak was more suited to this team with it's ability to break potent walls like MVenu. Although with CC drops it does struggle with things like Pert.

Mega Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 208 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Mega Venusaur is obviously the most used mon in UU currently and fits on practically every team. On this team it functions as a bulky pivot/wall that also has the ability to fire off big hits and wear down more frail teams. I like sleep powder too attempt to put certain switches like Scizor or Crobat too sleep. The 52 speed EVs are too outspeed lots of mons in the metagame such as Togekiss, Suicune or even opposing Venus.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower

Hydreigon is a fantastic pivot being able to threaten out many threats in the tier and take advantage of this with U-turn. It's STABs as well as fire coverage is also very useful in late game scenarios where I've eliminated my opponents scarfers and can sweep or revenge a lot of their team.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Scald
- Earthquake

Swampert offers lots of defensive options too my team in terms of Synergy with Mega Venusaur and the ability to reliably set rocks vs a lot of things. It also provides a good phys def tank that can check lots of setup mons. As I said it was originally Rhyperior but I felt this left me weak to fighting and ground types.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 176 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Defog
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Crobat is my necessary MVenusaur check being able to taunt and brave bird it. With my Attack investment Venu is 2hko'd and I can also remove hazards if my opponent attempts to stack me. U-turn is of course for momentum but could be changed out for Haze? This replaced Tentacruel which was a spinner with tspikes but as mentioned above left me weak to Ground types.

Alolan-Muk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch
In my opinion AV Muk is one of the most annoying mons to deal with in UU, if the opponents team lacks a reliable ground type then Muk can wall a lot of mons. It would however appreciate some wish support (togekiss?) I like Muk on this team especially since it's ability to check mons like Latias and Chandelure is very useful for Venu.

if anyone could give advice/improve the team would be much appreciated.

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, cool team! I liked the team so I haven't changed much, but these changes are, I feel, necessary to improve the team's efficiency.

• I replaced Klefki > Alolan Muk. The team lacked a Fairy-type and a Steel-type to switch into Dragon-types and Hydreigon already provided the team with the necessary Ghost-resistance. Klefki allows you to handle Dragon-types that are super threatening such as Latias and Hydreigon, and with Magnet Rise, it also allows you to handle Mamoswine better. It also sets up Spikes which really help Terrakion in sweeping, as most of its checks are grounded.
  • I changed Crobat's set to Super Fang. This set allows you to lure in bulky Water-types that also check Terrakion and severely damage them, which is super helpful. Furthermore, now that you have a Spikes user, you are not going to click Defog much anyway. This set utilizes Taunt > Defog, to help the team with the Defoggers matchup.
  • I changed Mega Venusaur's set to a slightly faster one, that allows you to check Scizor and Primarina better, which are currently big threats to your team.
  • Just nitpicks; Seismic Toss doesn't have that much use on Swampert, so I changed it to Roar > Seismic Toss, which works really well with Spikes. Furthermore, I still slapped Defog > Fire Blast on Hydreigon because you handle Steel-types well for the most part and I still feel like Defog is always nice to have.

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Scald
- Earthquake

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Def / 164 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Super Fang
- Roost
- Taunt
- Brave Bird

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

I hope that this rate helped, feel free to ask any question!

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Hola, neat team you have here. Terrak + Venu is a pretty common and solid core rn in the metagame, and this team uses it somewhat well. However there's definitely still some touching up that can be done! For example, you have no flying resist on a team built around a core with Mega Venusaur in it, also the Scizor matchup is extremely poor. Anyways, let's see what we can do about it.

- So the first thing I'm doing is Moltres > Crobat. This improves the Scizor matchup so fuckin much which is so fuckin important on a team with Terrak + a Venusaur that's walled by Scizor. Moltres also provides hazard removal that removes on steels and still beats Mega Venusaur just fine just like Crobat did. As for the set, pretty much just standard offensive flame body Moltres but with Wide Lens > z move since the z move is already being used by Terrakion, could probably be replaced with Leftovers or something though.
Moltres @ Wide Lens
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

- Empoleon > Muk makes a lot of sense here for several reasons. Your team doesn't have a fairy, which makes your Hydreigon matchup pretty weak... this is fixed by Empoleon + Terrakion. Empo + Terrak makes for a decent Hydreigon matchup even without a fairy, and Empoleon also provides a flying resist on a team with Mega Venusaur that lacked one before. Set is pretty much standard Defog Empoleon to pair with Moltres to keep hazards off the field.
Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic

- The last major change I'm making is Scarf Krook > Drei, tbh you can probably keep Scarf drei here and it'd be just as good. But I personally like Krook here because it provides pursuit support on a team that'd greatly appreciate it. Krook pursuits most of mvenu's check as well... Lati, Chandy, Maero, etc. Set is standard.
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Minor change:
- Swampert set... it's just not a good set. Change it to standard Swampert and it gets infinitely better.
Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Terrakion @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 208 SpA / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic

Moltres @ Wide Lens
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Defog

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

^^^ I think this is a much more efficient variant of your build, gl my friend!! I hope it works out for you :), lmk if you have any questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)