Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Follow Me
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

So I have been playing around with a lot of hyper offense stuff in DUU and thought I would share what I have done rn. I really want to build HO in this meta because it seems to have a lot of fun options and it's not ass like in ou.

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Heat Wave
- Protect

I think this is a cool mon for hyper offense because like Overheat+Drought is already doing some pretty good damage anyway and then you have stuff like Fake Tears Liepard or something to make it terrifying to anything slower. There's not much to explain for the moveset, it's literally just a DUU version of Timid Charizard Y in DOU.

Liepard @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Tears
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

I have liked using offensive>supportive Liepard in DUU because it actually makes it more useful than Fake Out and Encore shenanigans in that it can Knock Off Roserade and Sucker Punch Victini or some other shit that would normally threaten some awkwardly paced offense team such as this one. Fake Tears just helps Deoxys-Speed and Blastoise catch some more KOs with them.

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Deoxys-Speed outspeeds everything relevant and can chunk/KO lots of stuff with Psycho Boost. Feel like you have to switch because you're -2? Have fun using Fake Tears on whatever comes your way. Boltbeam coverage is also pretty nice to have for stuff like Salamence and Starmie that you want to actually hit hard without using Psycho Boost.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

I'm not so sure about the set... I felt particularly Diancie weak and added both Hydro and Flash Cannon just to be really sure. Water Spout+Fake Tears+Tangela's redirection support makes it a strong option for offense, even if it's a water mega in sun. It's more of like the team's most solid trick room check and glues it together quite well imo.

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rage Powder
- Sleep Powder
- Energy Ball
- Protect

I went for a more offensive Tangela because I could benefit from Fake Tears drops and I was going for chlorosleep anyway so it didn't sound like a half bad idea. I just went 100 speed to outspeed Starmie with the Chlorophyll boost and dumped into special attack after maximizing my HP. Energy Ball>Giga Drain because I want to deal actual damage with Fake Tears.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

This is my best solution to Genesect and is a decent lead since it has scarf U-turn. Bolt Strike helps me beat Mega Aerodactyl which I sort of lack switch-ins for despite my offensive checks for it. V-create with sun is great. It has pretty decent bulk allowing for a somewhat good defensive FWG core on the team while still having all 3 providing constant offensive pressure.

This team relies a ton on its natural speed which really sucks because I have no twave immunities. Tangela can redirect thunder waves if it can move through them, but things like Victini and Deoxys-Speed are crippled sort of beyond usability. The Trick Room/Tailwind matchup is quite manageable with Tangela and Blastoise's quite great bulk alongside Liepard's Sucker Punch priority.

Anyway onto the next team.

============================

This one is less about hyper offense and is actually offense leaning toward balance with a little bit of setup fun.

Manaphy @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 236 HP / 132 Def / 120 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Energy Ball
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Maybe this wasn't the best idea but lately I haven't been much of a fan of Tail Glow and given the fact that I really want Mega Altaria to be in for a long time instead of Manaphy and the two sort of clash... I just don't think Tail Glow would be that good in this slot, but I wouldn't object to testing with it.
Scald+Energy Ball lets Manaphy hit Diancie and Jellicent, two rather threatening trick room setters in duu. Icy Wind gives Manaphy a decent utility option.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Agility
- Protect

I wanted to try MAlt and thought it was a pretty neat set. Originally I had Tailwind but started using Agility because there really aren't more than just a few occasions in which Altaria's partners enjoy the Tailwind boost much with the double scarf and icy wind already on, and Agility doesn't have to be reset for Altaria's personal benefit. The speed lets me outspeed max speed scarf Genesect and Fire Blast KO it (which is also how I deal with Ferrothorn, bar the speed boost).

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 188 Atk / 68 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Iron Head

Gene beats some of the things like Mega Aerodactyl, Starmie, and the fairies a lot more easily than Mega Altaria and Manaphy can. U-turn gives me a lot of flexibility as Manaphy, Mega Altaria, and Magmar have quite a few really useful resists, and Gardevoir can pick off some things pretty easily. Liepard can also switch in and do some stuff I guess.

Liepard @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Tears
- Knock Off

See my above explanation of this. On a more defensive balance sort of team Liepard's Fake Tears is even more valuable for like Mega Altaria and stuff.

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

I'll be honest I'm still not sure if this was a mistake or not. This is a really cool mon overall and it has been useful in some test matches but having 2 fairies on one team is somewhat questionable even if one has a way of beating steels somewhat well. I run Thunderbolt on Gardevoir to catch Starmie/Manaphy off guard, which sort of give this team some trouble.

Magmar @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Follow Me
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

This is a pretty cool pick in DUU. It helps a bit against Trick Room in that it sort of does lose to Jellicent and Diancie but it helps against Hariyama (which is either Thick Fat so it can be burned or is Guts so it can get hit by Overheat really well), Mega Abomasnow, Heracross, etc. This is also max speed Timid to outspeed and Will-o-wisp non-scarf Krookodile (idk if those are scarf anyway lol) as well as Overheat KO Roserade.

Last edited:
okay so first of all both teams seem incredibly trick room weak, especially semi-room builds.
the first team is kinda puzzling because you have sun with few abusers + mega blastoise? why weaken your water stab? also the move choice is questionable). would go for dark pulse/ice beam over flash cannon at least, hydro already kills diancie. if you're going to be using offensive tangela, just switch to a different chlorophyll mon, such as tangrowth, victreebell, etc.

the second team straight up loses to trick room for sure, and also the best and most common hariyama set is assault vest guts, which is not countered at all by your magmar. Double scarf also seems really extreme. gets bopped by mega stoise with any room at all, i would maybe replace a scarfer for something that can help you in those matchups, like hariyama or diancie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)