ORAS Doubles OU Doubles OU Team Help

Hello! This is my team I chose for Doubles OU, it’s not the best and it needs some improvement from some more experienced battlers. If I helped you in any way possible then my duty is done here! Without further ado let’s get right in.

Kaneki-Ken (Scolipede) (M) @ Life Orb

Ability: Speed Boost

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Adamant Nature

- Megahorn

- Earthquake

- Poison Jab

- Baton Pass

Bat Man (Noivern) (M) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Infiltrator

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

IVs: 0 Atk

- Draco Meteor

- Hurricane

- Flamethrower

- Boomburst

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers

Ability: Magic Guard

Shiny: Yes

EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD

Calm Nature

- Moonblast

- Flamethrower

- Calm Mind

- Soft-Boiled

Mummy (Cofagrigus) (M) @ Safety Goggles

Ability: Mummy

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

Bold Nature

- Shadow Ball

- Pain Split

- Hex

- Will-O-Wisp

Easter Bunny (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite

Ability: Limber

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Fake Out

- Return

- Low Kick

- Protect

Rikki Tikki Tavi (Zangoose) (M) @ Toxic Orb

Ability: Toxic Boost

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

- Facade

- Close Combat

- Knock Off

- Quick Attack

Here is who I chose and why:

SCOLIPEDE - Scolipede is one of my favorite poison types, and with good reason. I usually send this one out first unless the opponent’s team looks threatening. I wanted to take advantage of its speed boost ability so I added Baton Pass to give some speed to the other Pokemon (my team relays heavily on speed). Megahorn is one of the hard hitting bug type moves, I know Scolipede cannot last long on the field so I added this to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Poison Jab is on there to take care of the Fairy types that are commonly used, Boosted by Life Orb it should to a decent chunk to the more bulky Fairy types. Lastly I have Earthquake. I was tempted to replace Earthquake with Protect to make more use of the Speed Boost ability but as I continued building my team I decided to keep Earthquake when I added Noivern.

NOIVERN - Earthquake being used frequently by Scolipede in most of my battles I wanted a Pokemon who wouldn't take any unnecessary damage. Thus Noivern comes into the mix usually sent out with Scolipede at the start of battle. Noivern is not a very popular choice due to its huge Ice type weakness so I put Flamethrower to deal with Ice types as well as the 10% chance to burn. I put Draco Meteor for STAB and because it’s a hard hitting Dragon type move. Choice Specs is used for the Sp. Atk boost and an excuse to switch out once Draco Meteor has been executed. Hurricane is one of my favorite moves on Noivern, if my opponent sets up the rain then there is no excuse to send Noivern out. It’s risky to use Hurricane because it has 70% accuracy, especially so if you’re in a tight match and every move counts. It has some redemption though because if its 30% chance to confuse. My last move is Boomburst, I am not a really big fan of normal type moves but the exception comes with Return, Boomburst, and Hyper Voice. I wanted to use Boomburst out of all the other moves I put on this set and I normally lock myself into it at the start of battle. Using advantage of its Infiltrator ability it does decent work to almost any opponent.

CLEFABLE - Ahh Clefable, one of the most bulky Fairy Types I have ever seen. When I Baton Pass from Scolipede I usually go out to this Pokemon to set up Calm Mind before it takes any type of hit. I wanted Clefable to have as much HP as possible so I gave it Leftovers and Soft Boiled as I plan on having it stay in for a while. While Cute Charm was tempting I ultimately decided on Magic Guard to provide more protection. I added Moonblast for STAB and the 30% chance to lower Sp. Atk. With 95 base power it hits pretty hard. Flamethrower was added again because my team is not very defensive and I am always willing to get a burn off.

COFAGRIGUS - Once Scolipede goes down I usually send out Cofagrigus with Noivern so it won’t take a Boomburst. I wanted to put Leftovers on Cofagrigus originally but I switched it over to Clefable. I went over a lot of items but ultimately decided with the Safety Goggles. Pain Split is there to regain health and Shadow Ball as a powerful STAB. I also used the standard Willow-Hex set.

LOPUNNY - I chose Lopunny as my mega because it has access to Fake Out and Return. I added Low Kick for the heavier opponents and brought Protect so it wouldn't get hit with Earthquake or Boomburst.

ZANGOOSE - I choose Zangoose as my last because I didn't really know any other good sweeping Pokemon. It has the standard set of Toxic Orb and Toxic Boosted Facade. Quick Attack was put in for any speed ties and close game wins. Knock Off is used to get rid of an opponent’s pesky item.

Any suggestion and criticism is welcome, I hope I helped!

At best, your mega lopunny is the only viable Mon of the Doubles OU metagame. And, it clearly seems that you chose Mons that works best in Singles, but not at Doubles. Somethings about the Doubles metagame: Baton Pass is really niche (obvious and usually won't succeed against experienced players), Clefable ain't S-Rank as in Singles, etc.

To learn more about the metagame, I encourage to join the Smogon Doubles chatroom or look through the Double's Competitive Discussion (Forums) for information of what's good. Remember, Protect is a very important move in Doubles.

well buddy, i heavily agree with Test Bot # 's post, as your team memebers are quite.. unviable. what i'd rather have you do is post the general vision of your team, and what you want your members to accomplish for us to find more suitable alternatives, especially viable ones. i dont mean to flame or anything, this is constructive critisim. feel free to drop by in the doubles ou room for us to help you

some basic suggestions would be mega kanghakshan instead of mega lopunny
sylveon instead of noivern
heatran instead of clefable
latios instead of scolipede, with tailwind
keldeo for zangoose
landorus therian for cofarigus.

a better one would be with amongus instead of sylveon .

that is a very classical build for a team , and mostly just a doubles ou tier one mix of pokemon . i recomended you this team because its very basic and would get you to a good start in understanding how classic doulbes ou work. take the sets from the smogon analysis (type /analysis pokemon to get it , in a public chat)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)