Other Metagames Doubles UU Support Ribombee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admittedly, this is more a single pokemon concept than a team to be rated, but I am unsure where else to put this. Here is the support ribombee I've been working on primarily for doubles, but it could theoretically work in singles.

The set consists of:
Godmother (Ribombee) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Pollen Puff
- Tailwind
- Roost

The idea being that this is an unreasonably fast support, the max speed investment, timid nature, and focus sash with no defensive consideration means it should be able to set up a tailwind turn 1 and throw some damage down with pollen puff turn 2.
Shield dust can be replaced with sweet veil to shut down sleep, but since dark void isn't as common anymore, I prefer shield dust to stop scald burns and the like.
Aromatherapy and tailwind are there as the team wide support moves, with roost for some survivability if it's not properly dealt with.
Pollen puff is a strongly underrated move, which is a good (90 power special) bug type attack that is also capable of directly healing an ally by 50% of their max health, thus why this set is intended for doubles.

I've done some limited testing over the last few days, and had some reasonable success with this set. Beside some bigger threats like a doubles uu mega ampharos or azumarill, this can swing battles wildly into your favor.

Suggestions are appreciated, and good luck in trying this funky little bug!

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as it does not follow the forum rules. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see what we require. PM me with an updated rmt and I'll be happy to unlock this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)