First attempt at Competitive pokemon battling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Just as the title suggests Pokemon Gen VI is going to be my 1st effort to get into battling competitively. Im just going to post up my main 6 i use and hopefully you guys can help me out with working out some synergies, held items, movesets or just letting me know which pokes just dont fit. again im a complete noob to this stuff so any advice (beginner or advanced) would be greatly appriciated :) Here goes :

Aegislash - Naughty (252 atk / 252 def / 6 hp) @no item
Sword Dance, King's Shield, Sacred Sword, Shadow Sneak

-Mostly use him to counter the fighers and maybe try and sweep after some sword dances. I do find that i have the hardest time getting these 2-3 sword dances off before i eat an earthquake or a shadow ball. Out of my whole team, Aegislash may be the one im going to let go 1st

Mawile - Adamant (252 atk / 252 spd / 6 hp) @ Mawilite
Iron Head, Play Rough, Swords Dance, Sucker Punch

- My dragon killer, Another poke i use to put in alot of physical dmg quickly. Also i noticed the Mega Mawile has outragous stats in atk and spd. Most of the time i can sweep inexperienced people with just mawile and i really REALLY want to keep em. But like i said if the poke doesnt fit then ill make the move...if i HAVE to

Gyarados - Adamant ( 252 hp / 126 sp def / 132 def) @ Leftovers
Earthquake, Thunder Wave, Dragon Dance, Waterfall

- My tankier poke, i use thunder wave to keep the fast pokes under control. Also i keep his spd and atk increasing with Dragon dance which keeps him problematic for most teams i've faced. so far seems like a nice fit

Garchomp - Adamant (252 atk / 252 spd / 6 hp) @ Life Orb
Facade, Stone edge, Earthquake, Dragon Rush

- Hmm ANOTHER physical dmg type poke, i did some research and found garchomp to be amung the strongest pokemon so i picked em up and im not regretting it. I was thinking about maybe switching from life orb to another item... not sure which though. i know for sure i dont want to mega evolve garchomp because of the speed loss

Kangaskhan - Adamant ( 252 atk / 252 spd / 6 hp) @ Kangaskhanite
Earthquake, Power up Punch, Sucker punch, Fake out

-Another one i put a little research into, and again im liking the type of power im getting from her. And yet another physical dmg dealer... seeing a pattern here lolol. Anyways im pretty sure all of the moves here hit twice and the cover i get from the moveset has been very helpful. Hopefully someone can give me some insight on a better moveset.

Jolteon - Modest (252 sp atk / 252 spd / 6 hp) @ no item
Thunder, Thunder wave, Volt switch, Shadow Ball

-Another annoyer and my sp atk dmg dealer. Mostly used to check flying and faster pokes. Also as the only electric type on my team im hoping to keep him around. Also the super speed that jolteon has almost always ensures at least 1 thunder wave gets off

Thanks alot for your time and advice guys!!

Last edited:
Kangaskhan - Adamant ( 252 atk / 252 spd / 6 hp) @ Kangaskhanite
Earthquake, Power up Punch, Sucker punch, Fake out
-Another one i put a little research into, and again im liking the type of power im getting from her. And yet another physical dmg dealer... seeing a pattern here lolol
Get rid of Earthquake, as it does NOT hit twice when Mega-evolved (at least not on Pokemon Showdown). Replace it with Fire Punch or Ice Punch. Also consider replacing Fake Out with Drain Punch, and switching to 252 Atk/252 HP/4 Spd.

Next, you have too many physical attackers. You will get walled hard by Gliscor, Trevenant, Ferrothorn, Forretress, and pretty much every other solid defensive wall in the book. I would take out Gyarados or Aegislash and go for another special attacker.

Oh, and last thing, edit your original post so you have at least three lines of description for each Pokemon, before the Mods lock it. You can find the official forum rules here.

Get rid of Earthquake, as it does NOT hit twice when Mega-evolved (at least not on Pokemon Showdown). Replace it with Fire Punch or Ice Punch. Also consider replacing Fake Out with Drain Punch, and switching to 252 Atk/252 HP/4 Spd.

Next, you have too many physical attackers. You will get walled hard by Gliscor, Trevenant, Ferrothorn, Forretress, and pretty much every other solid defensive wall in the book. I would take out Gyarados or Aegislash and go for another special attacker.

Oh, and last thing, edit your original post so you have at least three lines of description for each Pokemon, before the Mods lock it. You can find the official forum rules here.
Hey thanks alot for the fast reply!! Well ill work on getting a reset bag to switch the ev's.
also im gonna extend the descriptions so thank you for the heads up Also.. do you have any suggested sp atk'ers?

Hey thanks alot for the fast reply!! Well ill work on getting a reset bag to switch the ev's.
also im gonna extend the descriptions so thank you for the heads up Also.. do you have any suggested sp atk'ers?
Happy to help! =)

Alakazam or Gengar should do very well on this team as they both hit hard and fast, and resist Fighting and Ground moves, which are the only two move types you have multiple weaknesses to (if Aegislash is the one you say goodbye to). You can try these builds:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Giga Drain

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Last edited:
Aegislash - Naughty (252 atk / 252 def / 6 hp) @no item
Sword Dance, King's Shield, Sacred Sword, Shadow Sneak

-Mostly use him to counter the fighers and maybe try and sweep after some sword dances. I do find that i have the hardest time getting these 2-3 sword dances off before i eat an earthquake or a shadow ball. Out of my whole team, Aegislash may be the one im going to let go 1st
Hope the quote comes out right...
Anyways Aegislash can take an earthquake and shadowball if you give it weakness policy to give you +2 atk and sp.Atk. Stack this with swords dance and you can start punching craters with shadow sneak(bar normal types).

oo that sounds like it could turn things in my favor really fast. thanks for the input. may get rid of a diff sweeper now thanks for replies guys :)

Don't have naughty nature on Aegislash, as it pointlessly lowers Special defense. Have brave nature instead because it lowers speed meaning you can take an attack in shield form then switch into attack form.

Also I can't tell but by the fact you have no items on some pokes it seems like this is a wifi team, but I think you should test the team on the Pokemon Showdown simulator.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/

Other notes: I'd move those DEF EVs into HP so you can take hits better on both sides.

I like Bulky Gyrados but I'd would definitely move some EVs into attack and speed, because its kinda pointless boosting if you had no attack or speed EVs in the first place. Also IDK if thunder wave is a good idea because electric types like Rotom W are prone to switch into Gyra and they r immune to T-wave.

Kinda busy now, will add more later.

thunder plate ey? ill look into getting one

and thanks for the advice on aegislah. i knew the nature wld be something i needed to switch out i may switch aegis out for another special sweeper. (kinda leaning towards gengar) I also was thinking of getting a rotom W myself. it seems super strong and it willl cover electric and water (which gyara is my only water w/ waterfall) and the lack of items is because i dont know what to put on them,
- keep em comin guys thanks

You need to read the rules; this breaks a lot of them. If you PM me with an updated version of the RMT that is good enough I'll unlock this for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)